What would YOU do?

oxman

Awards
I am on the fence about how to go about my bulking/cutting phase...I am on a 6 week break at home from school...

I am 6'4" 295 lbs at 23%bf...

I was going to cut like 20lbs using the V-Diet over the next 4 weeks... and then start my bulking (Havoc/ Anabolic Pump Cycle) and then cut again when we start our conditioning for football...

OR

I can bulk now for the next 4 weeks, and then cut using the V-Diet after...

My goal is to increase my strength and size but also my appearance... I am tired of these damn love handles!... my goals are to be ~280 at <18% bf by March and also be up in all of my lifts by a significant amount...

Please give me some insight on what I should do! Thanks!

(I didnt know where to post this since it is nutrition but the supplements involved)

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
If you run a Havoc cycle and then try to hit a V-Diet too soon afterwards without a proper PC... you will lose all of your gains. Your BF is at 23...I would cut up first. Should not be that hard to get to maybe 15%, then maybe start thinking about a bulk.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you run a Havoc cycle and then try to hit a V-Diet too soon afterwards without a proper PC... you will lose all of your gains. Your BF is at 23...I would cut up first. Should not be that hard to get to maybe 15%, then maybe start thinking about a bulk.
start thinking about a bulk at 15%??? Not the best idea but yeah you dont need to do a velocity diet at 23%

oxman

Awards
I am 21... Bench: 405 Squat: 560

The V-Diet wouldnt be untill probably another 6 weeks after the cycle ends...

SO the plan would be:

Bulk (4 weeks) December 1st- December 28th
Havoc 20/30/40/40
DCP (or Anabolic Pump?)
Optimum Whey
Milk Thistle
Taurine
Cycle Support
ZMA
Opti-men Multi Vitamin
Diet- ~4300cals, ~450g Protien, ~450g Carbs, ~100g fat

PCT
Post Cycle Support (4 weeks or how ever long needed)
6oxo
Tribulus
(Clomid on hand incase)
Anabolic Pump (or DCP?)
Creatine
Optimum Whey
Opti-men MV

Diet- Similar to Bulking but a little leaner.

Off Cycle Lifting (1-2 weeks)
Creatine
Optimum Whey
some kind of preworkout (havent gotten this far)
Opti-men MV

V-diet (3-4 weeks)
All They Whey Protien
Salmon Oil
Flax Seed Oil
Opti-men Multi Viatmin

Transition Phase (1-2 weeks)
Similar to off cycle lifting

hows that look? I have researched and researched about everything I only dont know when to use DCP and Anabolic Pump... I have heard to use DCP for the cycle and then AP for the PCT or vise versa...

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Yeah, I apologize, I should not have used the term "bulk." I mean if you are at 15%...then you can at least think about trying to put on some clean mass. As far as an actual "bulk," I agree with "JustReading" on that one.

Until you are in the lower BF%, a true bulk is not necessary. Hell, if your body tends to be endomorphic, you will not be running a true bulk diet.

Just cut weight, then put on clean mass and stay lean.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
do a regular diet for a few weeks then V diet while on cycle... just be prepared to rebound when you stop it

oxman

Awards
I am trying to fit this into from now and before the First Monday in march when out conditioning starts...

Am I am sitting here looking at the calender and I think what I am going to do is take a couple weeks and do a diet... eat healthy, but also have fun with family and friends, since it is that time of the season...

Then start my V-Diet on December 19th and run it to January 16th (I might only go 3 weeks depending on how the weight keeps coming off)...

One week later January 26th I will start my cycle and LEAN BULK...try to put on as much lean mass as I can while keeping the fat away! That will take me to February 23rd..

I can do my PCT through my conditioning but I should be on at least my 2nd week of that before I hit conditioning...

I cant see the V-diet and my cycle going together since I will only be getting ~2300 cals a day...

Damn I dont know what to do to get the best out of this stuff...

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I am 6'4" 295 lbs at 23%bf...

I was going to cut like 20lbs using the V-Diet over the next 4 weeks... and then start my bulking (Havoc/ Anabolic Pump Cycle) and then cut again when we start our conditioning for football...
why not just use havoc for a recomp? sounds like a better way to go than cutting twice. IMO.

havoc + calorie deficit = major recomp.

oxman

Awards
SO suncloud you saying to do what I posted in Post#8?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
not familiar with the v-diet. i would definitely use the havoc for a recomp rather than cutting. usually when cutting you loose muscle, but with the havoc kicking in, this shouldn't happen.

if in post 8 you were saying getting your diet in order and taking havoc at the same time, then yes!

oxman

Awards
In Post8 i was saying to do the V-diet and get my diet clean and then start up my havoc cycle after the finish of the v-diet (after I cut about 20lbs)...

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
In Post8 i was saying to do the V-diet and get my diet clean and then start up my havoc cycle after the finish of the v-diet (after I cut about 20lbs)...
yep. sounds good. use the v-diet to loose a bit, do the havoc for a recomp, then figure out your next step - by then you should be a totally different person.

oxman

Awards
That is what i am hoping for suncloud... Thanks for the help bro!