Anything to help internal scar tissue and/or calcification?

chlorella

Awards
I'm dealing with a lot of shoulder issues. I sure there is a lot of scar tissue that is putting pressure on my nerves in my neck/shoulder area. I think there is also some calcification of my muscles in that area too.

Is there anything that could help with scaring/calcification? THANKS

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm dealing with a lot of shoulder issues. I sure there is a lot of scar tissue that is putting pressure on my nerves in my neck/shoulder area. I think there is also some calcification of my muscles in that area too.

What type of previous injury do you have to that shoulder?

tartaros

Awards

If you are having calcification in that area I would suggest you watch how much vitamin D you are getting each day. Calcification takes a long time take in effect if you are taking to much vitamin D but it is a known side effect for having too much of it in your diet.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established

first don't use non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, the inflammatory process is critical in bringing essential growth factors, cytokines and prostanoids to the area of injury, I know this doesn't sound right but the latest studies show that using anti-inf., reduces myoblast proliferation and differentiation promoting scar tissue, so what you should do is take stuff that increase inflammation like arachidonic acid.
studies on igf-1 also show that injecting this substance helps on regeneration without scar tissue, of course there can be side effects(do some research on igf-1).
according to Victor Prisk , MD there are some medical agents that can help on limit the occurrence of scar tissue:
decorin
suramin
losartan , and
cozaar are some of them but they have side effects.
I recommend you to buy the December issue of muscular development mag where VP wrote an article about the prevention of scar tissue , he explains very well everything I post above.
Good luck on your recovery

chlorella

Awards
Iron Lungs- That website describes exactly what I'm dealing with, Thanks for the idea.

Trauma 1- About 8 yrs ago I was rearended. I didn't do anything for the neck pain b/c I thought it would heal. After a few months, it developed into a severe case of frozen shoulder. It slowly "thawed" over the years, but not completly. I Still have a lot of pain from my neck to my hands. Reaching, depressing the shoulder and tilting my head to the side produce my worst symptoms. When I roll my shoulders, there is a crunching sound that can be seen, heard and felt by others. I believe that there is scar tissue traping the nerves in my neck/shoulder area. Some of my muscles (esp. scalenes) are very hard and I belive they could be calcified.

Tartaros- I'd guess my vit d intake is not very high. I don't suplement my diet with it, I don't drink a lot of milk and I live in the north. I do take 3 scoops of whey isolate/casein per day. Not sure hou much, if any, is in there.

chlorella

Awards
Nunes- I went through SEVERAL bottles of aleave. I've used very little since using cisus. I'll consider the AA, I've never really looked into it.

I will get the Muscle Develpoment mag and check it out.

Do you think the drugs you listed would help with scar tissue that's already formed, OR are they just to prevent scaring after an injury.

On the link Iron Lungz provided, not getting enough oxygen was listed as a possible cause. That makes me wonder if long term use of cordygen5 and 2x day of mild cardio would provide any relief.