Dymatize, decent protein? Elite 12?

GetDatFool

GetDatFool

Awards
What do you guys think about dymatize's protein? are they a decent company? Has anybody tried their ELITE 12?:drunk:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Excellent. I used the elite whey for awhile back in the day..

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm using the Elite 12-hr stuff right now. I just started using it in place of Casein a few days ago. Taste is good. As far as results, only time will tell. I know Viking and Russian both use this stuff and like it. They recommended it to me.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
i use normal elite whey and the elite 12. been using both for the past 6 months now. i use the mocha elite whey and the chocolate fudge brownie elite 12. yummy. the elite 12 is very nicely priced and you get a lot of servings compared to other products of the multi blend type

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
Good tasting protein at a reasonable price...

sportsfan4110

sportsfan4110

Awards
i love the elite 12-hour protein. i like to mix two scoops and just enough water to make a batter like consistency and then put it in the fridge for about an hour. its just like eating brownie mix (well sorta) especially the fudge brownie.

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
I've been using elite 12 since it came out I love it

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I just picked up a tub of of the 12 hour...can anyone explain to me why it lasts 12 hours. The ingredients show whey, milk, and egg proteins. Even egg being a slower digested protein, I didn't ever think it lasted 12 hours.

Good Shepherd

Awards
I just wonder if the content lives up to label claims. I hope it does, the price is right on. I've just heard talk of it being much higher in the sugar content then they list. Has anyone seen a lab essay?

xtranscendedx

Awards
I tried the chocolate one and didn't like it. Prefer the Met-rx MRP or Whole Gains.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I had the Rich Chocolate flavor and it was ok.

ATW Cinnamon Bun > Everything else :D

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had the Rich Chocolate flavor and it was ok.

ATW Cinnamon Bun > Everything else :D
As far as flavor, yes. But ATW doesn't make Cinnamon Bun in a nighttime formula. Elite 12-hr is a slow-digesting formula.

I can attest to this stuff. I've ran through about 15lbs of it so far and really enjoy it. There IS casein in it, among other proteins. It's not just milk, whey, and egg. Plus there are also other things in it to help slow digestion. I take two scoops at night (get the vanilla, mix it, set it in the fridge for 20-30mins...yum!) with a tbsp of coconut oil. :thumbsup:

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
I recently was turned on to this product also ,not opened my jug yet, but from what im hearing its all good. Theres alotof great reviews online about it.:thumbsup:

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
its the only one i use. elite whey and elite 12 hour

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I just got some samples today at a promotion thing they had at a local nutrition depot. I got that along with some Elite high protein cereal, and some non stim pre workout supp (xpand). After reading this thread, I am looking forward to trying the elite 12. Right now I am using ON's Serious Mass....love it.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would like to compare fudge brownie and chocolate. Fudge brownie sounds sooo good but may get too rich over time, might need a change.

NAS

NAS

Awards
I really like the Elite whey "isolate", its cheap and works well. Out of the many proteins I have tried I tend to like them the best.

ACSlayer

Awards
I have a tub of the Vanilla coming in early this week. I will report back as this is my first run with the Elite 12 hr. I had the Cafe Mocha Elite whey back in the day 9 (~2 yrs ago), flavor was pretty good. I did however notice a slight chemical after taste.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I would like to compare fudge brownie and chocolate. Fudge brownie sounds sooo good but may get too rich over time, might need a change.
Have fun mixing the fudge brownie flavor in any shaker besides a blender bottle :p

..I noticed the 12 hour elite has a thicker texture to it when I had it. Maybe it was just the flavor I had. Did anyone else notice this ??

soundcheck129

Awards
The Elite 12 is my favorite protein - ideal for any time of the day, and the Fudge Brownie, Blueberry Muffin and Banana Nut flavors are out of this world.

It does have a thicker consistency, but I like it, just a personal preference. Also, you can find it for unbeatable prices.

joelast

joelast

Awards
agree with sound check, both the whey and 12-hour is great for the price. Usually switch up my whey between ATW and dymatize but always have some 12 hour on hand.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I love Dymatize Elite Whey. I used to only use it until I started using Axis Labs Clutch. They are both great whey products.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
What is your favorite out of these 3 or rank them. Im looking to purchase some elite 12 for anytime/bedtime shake.

thanks

The Elite 12 is my favorite protein - ideal for any time of the day, and the Fudge Brownie, Blueberry Muffin and Banana Nut flavors are out of this world.

It does have a thicker consistency, but I like it, just a personal preference. Also, you can find it for unbeatable prices.

soundcheck129

Awards
What is your favorite out of these 3 or rank them. Im looking to purchase some elite 12 for anytime/bedtime shake.

thanks
My favorite is the Blueberry Muffin, but I've been told I have odd tastes. It tastes exactly as it sounds. Next would be Banana Nut, then Fudge Brownie. I've heard the Rich Chocolate is very good as well, but I have not yet tried it, and I am generally not a Vanilla fan so I can't help you there.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Brother is currently using this, he says its not as tastey as syntha six however you get double the servings for a cheaper price.

soundcheck129

Awards
Brother is currently using this, he says its not as tastey as syntha six however you get double the servings for a cheaper price.
It's not really comparable to Syntha 6...each serving of Syntha 6 has at least three times the fat and more than double the carbs.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
regardless its an extended protein release formula.

lector606

lector606

Awards
I love the 12 hour, all the flavours are great except for vanilla which I got sick of pretty fast. The elite is so-so imo, all the flavours have a bit of a chemical aftertaste... all in all great for the price though.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Review: Dymatize 12 HR

I finally tried both the 12 HR Chocolate & Fudge Brownie

I agree with the above poster: the chocolate has a "chemical" aftertaste, almost nutty/chem to the nose and finishes with a slight aftertaste. To combat this I split the serving with Dym Elite Whey Chocolate.
Would I buy again: NO

The Fudge Brownie was simply great! No aftertaste or chem smell at all. I mixed it with milk, or milk/water and the consistency was nice . . . not too thick. Of course I wouldnt mind it as a thick batter as someone else mentioned.
Would I buy again: YES

Elite Whey Chocolate is very good as well, I like it pretty much the same as Sci whey so I will buy whichever is cheaper at the moment.
Would I buy again: YES

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just bought the Chocolate from VitShoppe on sale and for the price it's a decent protein blend...the taste is super duper chalky...it's drinkable but nothing special. Probably won't purchase again though.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just bought the Chocolate from VitShoppe on sale and for the price it's a decent protein blend...the taste is super duper chalky...it's drinkable but nothing special. Probably won't purchase again though.
Try the Fudge Brownie, much better!

Knewsance

Awards
can't say much for the 12 hr releas bc i have never had it but the syntha 6 was pretty good :) (chocolate)

MHA

Awards
  • Established
I'm wonderin about the quality? I have bought like 25lb since its came out. But once I made an order by phone to one company and the guys like "wow what a great price for a blend!"then he's like "o.... That's why cause it has cheap protien sources" then he dissed my lg science LIPO. protien I also ordered.

Any one know about the quality used in it?

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
I'm wonderin about the quality? I have bought like 25lb since its came out. But once I made an order by phone to one company and the guys like "wow what a great price for a blend!"then he's like "o.... That's why cause it has cheap protien sources" then he dissed my lg science LIPO. protien I also ordered.

Any one know about the quality used in it?

interested in this as well...