Help with a few unanswered questions about DCM, BA?

elabor

elabor

Awards
Hello everyone, I've been lurking for several months now. As much searching as I have done here, I cannot figure out firm recommendations on optimal dosing for two of the three supplements I am about to start using: dicreatine malate and beta alanine.

I know with creatine monohydrate, it has to be combined with a carbohydrate source like grape juice or gatorade. Does DCM need to be combined as well, or can I just drink it with water?

I am planning on taking 3g creatine and 1.5g beta alanine about 30 min before and after working out. I will also be taking 1g HMB 3x daily with meals. In total, this is 6g DCM, 3g BA, 3g HMB, plus a multi daily. Does this sound acceptable?

I'm pretty new to supplementing, but I'm assuming I just mix the DCM and BA bulk powder together in a glass of simple carbohydrate (or water?) and down it before going to the gym and when I get home. Correct or is it more complicated than that?

Some background info:
I am 25 yo, 6', 180 lbs. I plan on taking these supplements, training hard, and eating big for the next 40 days. I have a BS degree in Nutrition so my food intake is good. I train 5-6x weekly.

Thanks guys, this site is an awesome resource! I use Pubmed for empirical and Anabolic Minds for anecdotal evidence!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
3g is OK but a bit low. I would aim for ~2.5g Pre-WO, and 2.5g Intra/PWO. When you buy 500g in bulk, this costs very little/serving.

Creatine you could go a bit higher, maybe 3 or 4g pre and post. HMB dosing I haven't dabbled with, so I'll let someone else answer that.

BA is a white powder that is virtually tasteless, I usually toss back 3g plain right before I head to the gym, and add some more to my Xtend during my workout. Creatine I take with my pre-WO meal and my post-WO meal. You want to take creatine with carbs because it gets uptaken with glucose into the muscles. DCM is a bit bitter I believe but doable, not as bad as CEE.

elabor

elabor

Awards
Thanks for the advice! This really helps. Should I take it every day or just on training days? Thanks again...