How to incorporate "vegetables" into my Meal Replacement Shake?

  1. Senior Member
    TheNinja's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,028
    Rep Power
    604
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    1.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    How to incorporate "vegetables" into my Meal Replacement Shake?


    Ok, so here's my ultimate meal replacement shake

    1 cup milk
    1 cup water
    1 - 1 1/2 cups oats
    1 large scoop whey blend
    1 tablespoon olive oil

    take with a multivitamin

    Around 800 calories 50g protein

    My question, what can I throw in this beast to round it out and get my veggies? Anti-oxidents perhaps? Miracle Green (or whatever they call that stuff)? I know there is no substitute for real food and veggies, but if I can make this as close to the perfect meal as possible it's gonna be tight y'all!


  2. Advanced Member
    nparisi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    670
    Rep Power
    419
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    60.64%

    greens. it's a powder. I don't know how well it would taste w/ the protein, depends on what flavor you have I guess...
  3. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Yep. Buy some Greens+
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1999
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    31.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    freshly squeezed wheat grass would be something to consider!
    board supporter
  5. Registered User
    Big BAMA's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,409
    Rep Power
    1304
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    9.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    freshly squeezed wheat grass would be something to consider!
    That would taste pretty nasty. Though Wheat Grass is very good for you the taste is horrific.
  6. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1999
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    31.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Smile


    Quote Originally Posted by Big BAMA View Post
    That would taste pretty nasty. Though Wheat Grass is very good for you the taste is horrific.
    yes!..LOL..i know!..lol
    board supporter
  7. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    204222
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    89.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
    Ok, so here's my ultimate meal replacement shake

    1 cup milk
    1 cup water
    1 - 1 1/2 cups oats
    1 large scoop whey blend
    1 tablespoon olive oil

    take with a multivitamin

    Around 800 calories 50g protein

    My question, what can I throw in this beast to round it out and get my veggies? Anti-oxidents perhaps? Miracle Green (or whatever they call that stuff)? I know there is no substitute for real food and veggies, but if I can make this as close to the perfect meal as possible it's gonna be tight y'all!

    just take a couple of our new Bio-Mend, bust them open, and pour in with your shake- it contains LARGE doses of some of the best fruit anti-oxidants on the planet, plus some other goodies- and it smells a lot like Fruit Loops
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  8. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136024
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    12.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I throw a few frozen broccoli florets in my shake and it tastes fine. Replace that tbsp of EVOO with 2tbsp of natty PB and it will taste better.. Or if you like the EVOO do .5tbsp evoo 1 of natty pb.
  9. Senior Member
    TheNinja's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,028
    Rep Power
    604
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    1.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    just take a couple of our new Bio-Mend, bust them open, and pour in with your shake- it contains LARGE doses of some of the best fruit anti-oxidants on the planet, plus some other goodies- and it smells a lot like Fruit Loops
    I was actually just reading about that product in another thread (company promotions area I think). As far as I can tell, they are not availble yet right? Something like Dec.1, around that time?

    Overall I'm not opposed to a capsule or vitamin either. It doesn't have to be something I dump in my shake. I just find that typically bulk powders are cheaper than caps.
  10. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,708
    Rep Power
    4783200
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    68.71%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Look up "Catie's organic greens" on google and see what you think.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  11. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    just take a couple of our new Bio-Mend, bust them open, and pour in with your shake- it contains LARGE doses of some of the best fruit anti-oxidants on the planet, plus some other goodies- and it smells a lot like Fruit Loops
    What did you end up naming your huge blender?
  12. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    204222
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    89.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    What did you end up naming your huge blender?
    I am leaning towards "Destro" that shiny-head ****er from GI Joe- he was a total douche- but he was my favorite character- I had the action figure
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  13. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    204222
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    89.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
    I was actually just reading about that product in another thread (company promotions area I think). As far as I can tell, they are not availble yet right? Something like Dec.1, around that time?

    Overall I'm not opposed to a capsule or vitamin either. It doesn't have to be something I dump in my shake. I just find that typically bulk powders are cheaper than caps.
    actually made the first run of Bio-Mend today- should have taken a picture- it has quercetin in it- it literally turned everything bright yellow
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  14. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Rep Power
    41245
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    For Greens+, Search Results For: Greens . And there's also Search Results For: Reds Reds too!

    Get both and you can make Christmas-Themed shakes
  15. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1999
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    31.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Wink


    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    I am leaning towards "Destro" that shiny-head ****er from GI Joe- he was a total douche- but he was my favorite character- I had the action figure
    ahh!..yeah!..that would be so cool rms80.(coobra coomannda!)i like how destro say's it!.LOL
    board supporter
  16. Professional Member
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2355
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    80.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    NOW Phyto Foods. I have it sitting in front of me but i have no protein to put it in. I been trying to think of food to toss it in with to get some extra minerals & Vits.
    EDIT: Nutra has it.
  17. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    actually made the first run of Bio-Mend today- should have taken a picture- it has quercetin in it- it literally turned everything bright yellow
    I wanna see a video of destro in action
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ABC summer replacement shows - "terrible"
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 10:37 AM
  2. My custom super meal replacement shake
    By dynomite in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 12:20 AM
  3. good meal replacement shake in a can?
    By julius kelp in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-23-2006, 03:52 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 05:59 PM
  5. Homebrew Meal Replacement Shake
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-26-2003, 12:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in