l-dopa or carboxy for sleep?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What's better for increasing QUALITY of sleep?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
you could do that.
Out of those 2 i would say L-Dopa. IMO. but...if youre not tied to those id go with...
GABA - Melatonin - L-Dopa - Valerian Root(which i just started a few days ago)

I am off those for now though because i was chosen to log the new X-dreams. So be sure to look for those when they pop up.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1-Carboxy is 50% L-Dopa , and is also "extracted for decarboxylase inhibitors".

NP's L-Dopa is just that, a 15% extract. I find both improve the quality of sleep equally well, that is to say they help alot! I would also suggest adding in some ZMA, or even better http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/zmt-nutracaps-100-caps.html to get some Tryptophan. GABA is useful for knocking me out as well. You could even add some http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/now-foods/theanine-90-caps.html .

This is probably overkill though: I would start out with ~1g of standardized L-Dopa and then see where to go from there.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
mental and steve, perfect! Thanks! I have been using lipotrophin pm, and i like it a lot, its hugely underrated imo, especially at the price. I am nearly due for more, but would consider something else inexpensive, if it were better. One more question: is carboxy easy to take as a bulk uncapped product?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
i forgot about tryptophan....dangit!

Also. I know alot of people Recomend ZMA, Could anyone link me to a place it says it improves sleep? Im not arguing it i just havent ever heard how or what it acts on.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
not sure of the capping question. I would go GABA bro. I know most rec. other things but 3-4g GABA, no need to cap. Love the tingles, releases GH, relaxes muscles, only downfall is youll build tolerance so you gotta play with the dose. I do 3-4 days at 4g.

Like i said though. im off stuff now until i get my X-drem to test the new formula, just in time for the near end of school and winter break coming....oohhhh yeaaaaa

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
l-dopa!! I love the stuff. with 5htp your set

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
carboxy any day of the week, l-dopa would have me waking up all panicked, it sucked.

PowerFULL does not mess with my mind like L-Dopa does, I got a lot of anxiety from L-Dopa that I didn't expect.

Either way, gaba based products, from phenibut to xanex work much better for me than either of the mentioned products in the title.

valheruking

valheruking

Awards
mental and steve, perfect! Thanks! I have been using lipotrophin pm, and i like it a lot, its hugely underrated imo, especially at the price. I am nearly due for more, but would consider something else inexpensive, if it were better. One more question: is carboxy easy to take as a bulk uncapped product?
How many pills/tablets did you take at 190??

I'm still waiting for my order of Lipo PM, it was supposedly shipped around Nov11 from a different site.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
I purchaced both cause i didnt know what to buy and which worked better, the L dopa from NP tastes like ass if you drink it with water, im going to Cap mine

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How many pills/tablets did you take at 190??

I'm still waiting for my order of Lipo PM, it was supposedly shipped around Nov11 from a different site.
Bet you won't do that again, huh? :D

Mostly 2, sometimes 3. The trick with these supplements is to not eat at least two hours before taking them and going to bed. Easier said than done, if you're busy.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
carboxy any day of the week, l-dopa would have me waking up all panicked, it sucked.

PowerFULL does not mess with my mind like L-Dopa does, I got a lot of anxiety from L-Dopa that I didn't expect.

Either way, gaba based products, from phenibut to xanex work much better for me than either of the mentioned products in the title.
Interesting, thanks for the feedback.

Phenibut kicks my ass, I'll pass on that. Gaba is fun, but doesn't seem to knock me out as well as dopa.

Somnidren is the best product around for sleep, IMO. Scivation Knockout is next, and Custom Capsule's Mega-Sleep Aid and Nocturnabol come in 3rd.

I'm just really poor right now.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can just parachute it; however I wouldn't take the powder plain as it is pretty nasty/herbal.

i forgot about tryptophan....dangit!

Also. I know alot of people Recomend ZMA, Could anyone link me to a place it says it improves sleep? Im not arguing it i just havent ever heard how or what it acts on.
The classic study is the 1999 one on the NCAA football players, but that looked at strength more. A good article is found at Grow While You Sleep! The Anabolic Effects of ZMA - Nutrition Express Articles , and they cite #8 & 9. Even if it didn't improve sleep, I think almost all athletes should be supplementing with Zinc & Magnesium since they are likely deficient.

How does ZMA improve sleep?

In a study of patients with mild to moderate insomnia, it was found that sleep efficiency was significantly improved with oral magnesium therapy.(8) Researchers have also reported that chronic sleep deprivation causes magnesium deficiency as well as decreased exercise tolerance. And, that this decreased exercise tolerance resulting from sleep deprivation could be dramatically improved by oral magnesium administration.(9) ZMA contains magnesium aspartate, a highly bioavailable form of this important mineral. Studies have shown this form to have a superior rate of absorption compared to other forms. And the more you absorb, the more benefits you get!
#8 Hornyak M, et al. Sleep, 1998 Aug, 21:5,501-5.
#9 Tanabe K, et al. Jpn Circ J, 1998 May, 62:5, 341-6.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, Lipotrophin-PM is a very underrated product; people don't realize the benefits of it as a sleeping aid, and see it as a non-stimulant fat-burner. I use it for sleep.

L-Dopa also works well.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
Interesting, thanks for the feedback.

Phenibut kicks my ass, I'll pass on that. Gaba is fun, but doesn't seem to knock me out as well as dopa.

Somnidren is the best product around for sleep, IMO. Scivation Knockout is next, and Custom Capsule's Mega-Sleep Aid and Nocturnabol come in 3rd.

I'm just really poor right now.
yea everyone is different, ive only went up to 2g of gaba and i get nothing from it, but 1g of phenibut works for me. anyway, i will likely try somnidren gh sometime soon, had my eye on it for a while.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Somnidren is awesome, man. Give it a go!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good post about L-Dopa by Mullet.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/usp-labs/109215-prime-phyto-androgen.html#post1671176
PowerFULL:

PowerFULL contains an extract of Mucuna Pruriens L., standardized to 50% L-DOPA upon production. L-DOPA is the direct precursor to Dopamine and undergoes enzymatic conversion to Dopamine via Aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase (Dopadecarboxylase for short). It is postulated that Mucuna also contains inherent PDCIs (peripheral decarboxylase inhibitors) as well as independent L-DOPA enhancing-adjuvants which result in a demonstrated superior efficacy over synthetic L-DOPA administration; even in instances of concomitant administration of carbidopa and/or COMTi (catechol-O-methyl transferase inhibitor).