Bugs in my GABA

A

alan1973

Awards
found a bug larva in my GABA....haven't touch it for a couple of months, opened it up, took out a scoop and saw something not pure white in my can...the damn thing was still alive too!
bought via bodybuilding .com...brand was Higher Power...avoid this company!

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
Holy $hnit!
:jaw:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Supplements.:aargh:
BTW...Does it speak Chinese?:D

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Dude, that is NASTY!!! I'm going to be freaked out every time I open a protein or bulk powder canister now :FUfinger:

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
was this brand new and sealed?
if not, its possible that it got in there from sitting in your cabinet for a few months... lets not always jump to blame the manufacturer.

Ive opened containers in my kitchen to find little critters inside... doesnt matter how 'sealed' you think it is.

I have no experience with the company that you mentioned, just illustrating the other side of the coin.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
if not, its possible that it got in there from sitting in your cabinet for a few months... lets not always jump to blame the manufacturer.

Ive opened containers in my kitchen to find little critters inside... doesnt matter how 'sealed' you think it is.

I have no experience with the company that you mentioned, just illustrating the other side of the coin.
Exactly.

P

Primal2099

Awards
I hear those things are high in protein.
Maybe it was just a free sample :burg:

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established

Yeah, he did say it sat in his closet for a "couple months"...but I've been taking supps (bulk and capped) for over 20yrs and have NEVER heard of this.
Have you?

Now a box of cereal, oatmeal, grits...that's a different story.
Of course anything could happen. :think:

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Psh, come on guys. Bugs are just extra protein...BRING IT!!!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
i had GABA in my room in a nutra bulk container for almost a year and it was fine. the one i have now is 500g and i plan to have it for a long time also. I think you should clean your cabinets out.

Also, cross contamination while scooping the powder out could have occured or something falling/flying in if it was previously opened. But if it wasnt...yikes...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Two great tastes that taste great together.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Watch Out....it's Gabazilla!!!!

A

alan1973

Awards
pretty much was told that since I have had it since January (first opened in February) that they aren't going to do anything....for me to send it back for a partial refund would cost too much since they won't pay for shipping.

I found no hole to show it could have gotten in there. Larva are know to eat through plastic....they always leave perfect round holes.

It was brand new when I first opened it...in february...it was a large container and takes a while to take it....only about 1/3rd was consumed when I just opened it again.

I mentioned in my complaint that "although I always enjoy free protein, this is not what I had in mind."

the last time this happened to me was with some brown rice I bought. 2 months later a bunch of moths flew out of the container !!!!

there was no cross contamination.

Now, this may gross ya out, but I still plan to use a sieve and then what ever makes it through, I will still use. Bugs really aren't inherently nasty...it just appears that way....remember, everytime you get dirt in your mouth, it is 80% bug poop.

nofx4110

nofx4110

Awards
pretty much was told that since I have had it since January (first opened in February) that they aren't going to do anything....for me to send it back for a partial refund would cost too much since they won't pay for shipping.

I found no hole to show it could have gotten in there. Larva are know to eat through plastic....they always leave perfect round holes.

It was brand new when I first opened it...in february...it was a large container and takes a while to take it....only about 1/3rd was consumed when I just opened it again.

I mentioned in my complaint that "although I always enjoy free protein, this is not what I had in mind."

the last time this happened to me was with some brown rice I bought. 2 months later a bunch of moths flew out of the container !!!!

there was no cross contamination.

Now, this may gross ya out, but I still plan to use a sieve and then what ever makes it through, I will still use. Bugs really aren't inherently nasty...it just appears that way....remember, everytime you get dirt in your mouth, it is 80% bug poop.
Thats so badass! You could probably microwave it for 5 secs to disinfect it... don't take my word on that though. You might want to get checked for worms too, seeing how bugs infest everything you own.

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
found a bug larva in my GABA....haven't touch it for a couple of months, opened it up, took out a scoop and saw something not pure white in my can...the damn thing was still alive too!
bought via bodybuilding .com...brand was Higher Power...avoid this company!
Almost forgot...any pics? :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, that is NASTY!!! I'm going to be freaked out every time I open a protein or bulk powder canister now :FUfinger:
It really makes one's skin crawl...

A

alan1973

Awards
Almost forgot...any pics? :D
used m cell phone, but the pics came out shitty, then my daughter crushed it in a tissue....won't be surprised if I find another when I filter it

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
everytime i take my GABA i think of this thread now...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nofx4110

nofx4110

Awards
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPbD0s2gPRc"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How much Ecdy do you think is in your GABA now?

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you guys seen that Sean Connery movie called Medicine Man?

What if you've stumbled across some sort of new anabolic by introducing larvae to your GABA? Or maybe the secret will be eating the larvae and not the GABA...maggots Michael, you're eating maggots! (Lost Boys quote)

Meh, never mind...I think I've just managed to watch too many movies. :D:D:D

Jmonster

Jmonster

Awards
Sitting around in a closet for a few months shouldn't mean anything because the last time i checked bugs cannot open up containers and jump in.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Have you guys seen that Sean Connery movie called Medicine Man?

What if you've stumbled across some sort of new anabolic by introducing larvae to your GABA? Or maybe the secret will be eating the larvae and not the GABA...maggots Michael, you're eating maggots! (Lost Boys quote)

Meh, never mind...I think I've just managed to watch too many movies. :D:D:D

MAGGOT-DROL?? I can see this being capped and sold soon.

:good:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A

alan1973

Awards
UPDATE:
I went through it all and sifted it, found two more, but these two were dead. some of it had clumped up so sifting it was a good thing. I am still taking it with no problems....my wife never knew so she is still taking it on occasion to sleep, however she gets nightmares sometimes while using it.:think:

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should look into these guys:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
UPDATE:
I went through it all and sifted it, found two more, but these two were dead. some of it had clumped up so sifting it was a good thing. I am still taking it with no problems....my wife never knew so she is still taking it on occasion to sleep, however she gets nightmares sometimes while using it.:think:
If she ever gets to know the details! :run:

O

outspiral

Awards
not to change the subject, bugs suck, but has anyone gotten weird hot flashes from gaba lasting 20-60 seconds maybe 5 minutes after taking it? I got this every time I've done it, even with different brands.

A

alan1973

Awards
not to change the subject, bugs suck, but has anyone gotten weird hot flashes from gaba lasting 20-60 seconds maybe 5 minutes after taking it? I got this every time I've done it, even with different brands.
yes, it is a known and harmless side affect. reduce the amount a tad until it is barely noticeable, eventually you can start increasing the amount.

M

MattT

Awards
GABA needs serotonin to function more efficiently. So, Tryptophan (serotonin precursor) and GABA is a great combination.

My bias is I formulated TotalSleep (totalsleepdrink.com).

Regardless, a bug on gaba must be relaxed and stoked.