Losing hair . . . Is it the supps or exercise?

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
I'm still 27 years old and recently I've noticed that I'm shedding a lot of hair, and my hair line is thinning and receding a little bit.

I'm not sure this isn't simply a case of hereditary male-pattern baldness, but it began at about the same time I began weight training and taking supplements, about 5 months ago. Before this, I never took any supplements and never lifted in my life.

Can there be a correlation between lifting/supps and baldness?

Before I forget, the supps I took/am taking are: Leviathan Re-loaded, Recreate and DCP.

I hope it is the supps, so I can simply discontinue use. I truly hope it is not due to weight training, because I don't want to stop, but I'd rather be flabby and hairy than look like Michael Jordan or Bruce Willis.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
why are you taking three different things that help you loose weight and give you energy? stick with one, and that should alleviate your problem.

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
I agree...supplements!
It's sort of odd, but if I take too many stim/fat burner type supps I start to shed.
Tyrosine actually makes me shed over 1g/day.

matic22

Awards
is it proven that Tyrosine will make people shed hair? if so, i need to fall back on that stuff.

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
There are reports that it is actually GOOD for hair, but I swear if I go over 1g/day, I see a lot more on my hand when I shampoo.

matic22

Awards
i'm having a little problem with thinning but i started taking some multi's and got some shampoo so i'm going to see what's up

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Weight lifting is shown to increase testosterone, which can lead to hairloss.

matic22

Awards
and there is no way to reverse genetics? my uncle and grandpops lost hair too

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
Weight lifting is shown to increase testosterone, which can lead to hairloss.
Of course there is always Virile Mane. ;)
That's your que dsade...sell me on this stuff man.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Of course there is always Virile Mane. ;)
That's your que dsade...sell me on this stuff man.
I didn't want to turn this into a pimp thread, mostly because it isn't what the OP was asking about.

But as it would apply to the problem (assuming genetic proclivity and increased test from weight lifting) Virile Mane addresses these areas - being specially designed to be useful in androgenic alopecia.

Specifically, the peppermint oil seems to both exert influence on IGF-1 sensivity, working hand in hand with the Raspberry Ketones to stimulate hair growth by phase manipulation. The rest of the formula addresses various areas such as immune reaction modulation (through anti-inflammatory action) free radical quenching, and nutrient delivery/blood flow to follicles.

At the very least it is an extremely economical option, whether it is exacerbated by supps or weight lifting.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You would rather look like a slob, than 2 succesful, rich guys that bang hot chicks?
Worse than that, though, is the fact that one the cascade of hairloss begins, short of intervention, most likely he would end up a fat, BALD, slob anyway.

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
You would rather look like a slob, than 2 succesful, rich guys that bang hot chicks?

You can be flabby without looking like a slob; look at Barak Obama:

weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/Obama-Surf.jpg

I don't think people consider him a slob even though he's flabby. Yet all he does is play basketball, he never lifts. I could keep playing b-ball forever if it meant keeping my hair.

But like I stated before, I don't want to stop lifting, especially if I will end up losing my hair whether I lift or not. All I wanted was to know if there was some way to know for sure whether I am losing hair due to nature or due to lifting/supps.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Things that boost test levels can contribute to thinning hair. Reloaded boosts test, however I'm not sure it is enough to do that.

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
I didn't want to turn this into a pimp thread, mostly because it isn't what the OP was asking about.

But as it would apply to the problem (assuming genetic proclivity and increased test from weight lifting) Virile Mane addresses these areas - being specially designed to be useful in androgenic alopecia.

Specifically, the peppermint oil seems to both exert influence on IGF-1 sensivity, working hand in hand with the Raspberry Ketones to stimulate hair growth by phase manipulation. The rest of the formula addresses various areas such as immune reaction modulation (through anti-inflammatory action) free radical quenching, and nutrient delivery/blood flow to follicles.

At the very least it is an extremely economical option, whether it is exacerbated by supps or weight lifting.
Thanks for the info dsade!
I know what you mean about jumping into a thread and pimpin your stuff... that's annoying sometimes. I see those threads sometimes, "I have high blood pressure, I'm losing my hair, my nuts are shrinking, and I hate red meat"...."You need MY PRODUCT and your worries are over". :frustrate
I knew I wouldn't get that from you though.

I use 5% spiro cream and Nizoral for EVERY cycle. I want to keep my hair so I don't take chances. The spiro is known to be antiandrogenic so I am looking for alternatives...though it has helped so far.

Is the Virile Male a cream you use after washing hair?
Is it like a "leave in conditioner" or something?

Sorry for the hijack Suppknight, but we are talking hair loss. :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm still 27 years old and recently I've noticed that I'm shedding a lot of hair, and my hair line is thinning and receding a little bit.

I'm not sure this isn't simply a case of hereditary male-pattern baldness, but it began at about the same time I began weight training and taking supplements, about 5 months ago. Before this, I never took any supplements and never lifted in my life.

Before I forget, the supps I took/am taking are: Leviathan Re-loaded, Recreate and DCP.

I hope it is the supps, so I can simply discontinue use. I truly hope it is not due to weight training, because I don't want to stop, but I'd rather be flabby and hairy than look like Michael Jordan or Bruce Willis.
Im gonna be nice and help you. most people charge $ for this information.. find the hair loss prevention thread started by big vungra and do hours of research and studying. also google dht. dht is whats causing it and learn to block dht and your set. the simple fact some men 's test converts to dht at a higher rate , its genetic that causes hairloss/ get some otc nizoral 1 % or go to your doctor and get 2 %. also other options. I haven't studied this in years and memory still remembers.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree...supplements!
It's sort of odd, but if I take too many stim/fat burner type supps I start to shed.
Tyrosine actually makes me shed over 1g/day.
i call bullshit.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
is it proven that Tyrosine will make people shed hair? if so, i need to fall back on that stuff.
no its not. if you understand how it works you would know this is completely untrue. I can tell you all i know about dht and test and certain males being disposed and everything else , if you dont understand how and why behind it youll come up with all sorts of mis-information.

pamela b

Banned
Awards

Good point.