Species Nutrition: Lipolyze with usnic acid

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
This is from Palumbo's company. I've heard warnings about the use of Usnic acid, which this product contains.:run:
I've read that its super effective. The question remains:

is it SAFE????

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is from Palumbo's company. I've heard warnings about the use of Usnic acid, which this product contains.:run:
I've read that its super effective. The question remains:

is it SAFE????

in the one article that shows its dangers, in a petri dish it shows an immense amount of free radical formation but the addition of anti Os, reduced it dramatically,

also there isnt that much in there, the woman whos "liver shriveled up" took WAY to much without proper knowledge of the supplement.

its safe. IMO

mad dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would love for someone to use this and do a review on this interesting fat burner.People who have used have lost a lot of bodyfat, but unk if any had liver values checked, and also if there is a safe dosage w usnic acid what is it? i used the old lipokintex w usnic acid a it was still the best fat burner i ever took. But now w all the negative studies it makes you wonder.
This might just be the best fat burner on the market, but at what cost.:hot:

mad dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
in the one article that shows its dangers, in a petri dish it shows an immense amount of free radical formation but the addition of anti Os, reduced it dramatically,

also there isnt that much in there, the woman whos "liver shriveled up" took WAY to much without proper knowledge of the supplement.

its safe. IMO

You bel it is safe?

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i will be using this in feb and will post a log...until then...just ask yourself wwpd? (what would palumbo do)

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
I'll have her grab this then, when she's out of the SCORCH I'm having her use currently.

Thanks guys!!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
isn't this the stuff that got Syntrax in trouble?

Usnic acid is similar to DNP.

I don't know what you guys are talking about with it being an oxidizer: it's a polyphenol. It's going to jack up your metabolism to the point where you jack up your ROS production. As with DNP, that shouldn't be the only thing to worry about with safety.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
isn't this the stuff that got Syntrax in trouble?

Usnic acid is similar to DNP.

I don't know what you guys are talking about with it being an oxidizer: it's a polyphenol. It's going to jack up your metabolism to the point where you jack up your ROS production. As with DNP, that shouldn't be the only thing to worry about with safety.

its an uncoupling agent that wastes ATP in the mitochondria of the cell

i dont know what u mean that we were saying its an oxidizer?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i used the old lipokintex w usnic acid a it was still the best fat burner i ever took.
Same here!!! Maybe 7 years ago.

JGank

Awards
bump Ive been looking into this? Dsade do you have an opinion?

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Bump this. I'm thinking about trying it myself.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
keep in mind that the early studies, as well as lipokinetix were made with usnic acid from sodium usnate, and now all usnic acid in supplements comes from an herbal extraction instead. So there is a possibility that is somewhat different as well. Also, there was a study that in rat tissue showed usnic acid to be hepaprotective vs damage from alchohol...

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
Side effects are dose dependent for usnic like everything else. The recommended dose should not cause any problems. I've yet to see a bad review, though most of the good ones I've read sound sort of fake. From what I've read liver stress may be an issue, but not more so than some PH's. I think I might try it some day.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
keep in mind that the early studies, as well as lipokinetix were made with usnic acid from sodium usnate, and now all usnic acid in supplements comes from an herbal extraction instead. So there is a possibility that is somewhat different as well. Also, there was a study that in rat tissue showed usnic acid to be hepaprotective vs damage from alchohol...
In the rat study, you're speaking of the sodium usnate form? And would you say that the herbal extract is safer or just not effective?

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Side effects are dose dependent for usnic like everything else. The recommended dose should not cause any problems. I've yet to see a bad review, though most of the good ones I've read sound sort of fake. From what I've read liver stress may be an issue, but not more so than some PH's. I think I might try it some day.
Along these lines, I've seen people say that the dose is not large enough to gain benefit from, but I thought the point of the formulation was to keep the dose low enough to prevent some of the danger yet still see some benefit. The reviews I've seen are either overwhelmingly positive to the point of sounding fake like you mentioned-or saying it's worthless.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I keep going back and forth on this product. Haven't seen anyone really reputable giving reviews or anything. All seem over the top from average people.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In the rat study, you're speaking of the sodium usnate form? And would you say that the herbal extract is safer or just not effective?
no, that one was actually the herbal extract. Really if usnic acid is the active ingredient that causes the mitochondrial uncoupling, then its source doesn't matter as far as that effect.

Along these lines, I've seen people say that the dose is not large enough to gain benefit from, but I thought the point of the formulation was to keep the dose low enough to prevent some of the danger yet still see some benefit. The reviews I've seen are either overwhelmingly positive to the point of sounding fake like you mentioned-or saying it's worthless.
Well, its I think the overall bodybuilder mantra, more is better. Just to throw some #s out (not accurate, just conceptual), lets say that for every 100mg of usnic a day your BMR goes up by 8%. So at that 100mg to the average bodybuilder it has no significant "feel", and "only" squanders off 100-150 calories, which even in 2 weeks may not produce a full pound of loss. Does that mean its not providing valuable safe help? No, but we want bigger stronger faster