New to the forum looking for asistance

mstropoli

mstropoli

Awards
I am currently 187 and I am looking to get up to between 210 and 215. I just ordered my second bottle of PowerFULL, Anabolic Pump, and Prime. My workouts have been off focus lately, because my coach has been throwing all these different workouts at us. I recently started getting up at 5:10 am and doing ab stuff and stretching to get ready for the day, after that at around 6 I eat a pretty good sized breakfast. I then eat a snack (usually a protein granola bar and a piece of fruit) every 2-2 1/2 hours up until and after lunch until I get home for dinner which is usually around 6:30 or 7. I usually go to the gym Monday,Tuesday,Thursday,Friday. Starting this upcoming Monday I am going to start my own split routine so I can have consistency. I just need some suggestions on the best way to put on good defined muscle while maintaining flexibility for pitching, and also any diet/supplement suggestions. ( I also drink cytomax during, and after my workouts)

thank you all in advance, hopefully I get some good repsonses

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
I am currently 187 and I am looking to get up to between 210 and 215. I just ordered my second bottle of PowerFULL, Anabolic Pump, and Prime. My workouts have been off focus lately, because my coach has been throwing all these different workouts at us. I recently started getting up at 5:10 am and doing ab stuff and stretching to get ready for the day, after that at around 6 I eat a pretty good sized breakfast. I then eat a snack (usually a protein granola bar and a piece of fruit) every 2-2 1/2 hours up until and after lunch until I get home for dinner which is usually around 6:30 or 7. I usually go to the gym Monday,Tuesday,Thursday,Friday. Starting this upcoming Monday I am going to start my own split routine so I can have consistency. I just need some suggestions on the best way to put on good defined muscle while maintaining flexibility for pitching, and also any diet/supplement suggestions. ( I also drink cytomax during, and after my workouts)

thank you all in advance, hopefully I get some good repsonses
im glad your not even considering a strong p.h!..i think diet is the issue here! you cant have a magic formula to fall into your lap.that will make you big,not at your weight at least!i would say.look into 100%whey(shakes) products,diet high in protien and carbs!you take shakes pre,post workout right! for now add on two more,1-upon waking 1-before bed!..a good multi-vitamin, some bcaa's(aminoacids)!..for now!..see how that goes...imo!

mstropoli

mstropoli

Awards
im glad your not even considering a strong p.h!..i think diet is the issue here! you cant have a magic formula to fall into your lap.that will make you big,not at your weight at least!i would say.look into 100%whey(shakes) products,diet high in protien and carbs!you take shakes pre,post workout right! for now add on two more,1-upon waking 1-before bed!..a good multi-vitamin, some bcaa's(aminoacids)!..for now!..see how that goes...imo!
I appreciate your reply, I know there is no magic formula I am just looking to put in good old fashion hard work. I ordered 100% whey gold and 100% casein protein on Saturday and now am just waiting for them to arrive, any other suggestions are definitely welcome. thanks again

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate your reply, I know there is no magic formula I am just looking to put in good old fashion hard work. I ordered 100% whey gold and 100% casein protein on Saturday and now am just waiting for them to arrive, any other suggestions are definitely welcome. thanks again
yes! the caesin,should be the shake thats taken before bed!..now your talking you got a good line up!,,might get some bloating but seeing how active you are it may have non or little effect!..

mstropoli

mstropoli

Awards
yes! the caesin,should be the shake thats taken before bed!..now your talking you got a good line up!,,might get some bloating but seeing how active you are it may have little effect!..
yeah I mean I have been working my ass off with baseball, and at the gym and have been seeing some results but not the desired results because of all the different things being thrown at us. I think now that I am putting all the elements together and staying on one consistent work out that in time I will get what I am looking for. Last year I was stacking cellucor products m5,r3, and p6 I got really good results from them but they made me break out and I had mood swings and stuff, they affected me badly so I stopped taking them, the amount of pills that had to be taken was insane also, I was getting bigger but it was all hormonal.

mstropoli

mstropoli

Awards
Oh and I forgot to mention they had us running cross country for like the first 3 months we just barely finished our long distance running stuff

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
yeah I mean I have been working my ass off with baseball, and at the gym and have been seeing some results but not the desired results because of all the different things being thrown at us. I think now that I am putting all the elements together and staying on one consistent work out that in time I will get what I am looking for. Last year I was stacking cellucor products m5,r3, and p6 I got really good results from them but they made me break out and I had mood swings and stuff, they affected me badly so I stopped taking them, the amount of pills that had to be taken was insane also, I was getting bigger but it was all hormonal.
hormonal,water you mean,and you lost those gains faster then you got them i bet!..like how you said,get a routine and stick with it,consistancy will pay-off! with all your baseball training, your burning alot of cals!,,so you must replace them eat big!

mstropoli

mstropoli

Awards
hormonal,water you mean,and you lost those gains faster then you got them i bet!..like how you said,get a routine and stick with it,consistancy will pay-off! with all your baseball training, your burning alot of cals!,,so you must replace them eat big!
yeah, water, my fault haha....as soon as I stopped taking them I dropped off big time....with the consistency thing, once I have something in my mind I don't stop until I get it, I just needed to be re-focused on my goals. I definitely had the wrong idea with the diet I can still eat healthy I just have to eat bigger portions of it. You have been really helpful, I really appreciate the replies.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
yeah, water, my fault haha....as soon as I stopped taking them I dropped off big time....with the consistency thing, once I have something in my mind I don't stop until I get it, I just needed to be re-focused on my goals. I definitely had the wrong idea with the diet I can still eat healthy I just have to eat bigger portions of it. You have been really helpful, I really appreciate the replies.
no problem bro!..goodluck!

amoc6

Awards
Oh and I forgot to mention they had us running cross country for like the first 3 months we just barely finished our long distance running stuff
why the hell did they make you run cross country?

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
you know, cause in baseball you have to run like 3.1 miles to catch a fly ball some times or when you hit a triple, that's like at least 2 miles from home to third right?

or its because his coach is half-retarded.

mstropoli

mstropoli

Awards
hahaha ****in moc.....just so everyone knows me and moc are on the same team...we got our asses beat in cross country, but **** baseball is my sport not cross country so it didn't matter

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
hahaha ****in moc.....just so everyone knows me and moc are on the same team...we got our asses beat in cross country, but **** baseball is my sport not cross country so it didn't matter
never really understood why my h.s. and college coaches made us run 6-8 miles for baseball- it is the most UN-sport specific training I have ever seen.....

I had a couple football coaches who wanted us to run mileage as well.....then I had the WR coach who made us run 10 100's in under 12s with about 30s rest between each- if we came in over 12s, we had to do them over again.....everybody out there puked by the 8th or 9th sprint.....didn't help that it was 90 plus :whip:

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
MSTROPOLI --

I was a pitcher back in the day high school and college I am a coach now, we make our pitchers run miles because, if you are a starter the most important thing is stamina... we like our starters to go a good 5-7 innings (high school)... Once you get tired you start to lose control and leave your pitches high in the zone. Running long distance will increase stamina and therefore you can pitch with better consistancy for more innings!!! good luck with everything... can i ask what you are doing pre season for workouts/? what is your workout like??? how many days are you throwing off the mound, are you doing long toss everyday??? let me know, i can help you out if you need any good advice...

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
BINGBING!

i'll add in for bulking rule of thumb is 20cals per pound of bodyweight making sure 1gram of protein per pound of bodyweight is included

amoc6

Awards
MSTROPOLI --

I was a pitcher back in the day high school and college I am a coach now, we make our pitchers run miles because, if you are a starter the most important thing is stamina... we like our starters to go a good 5-7 innings (high school)... Once you get tired you start to lose control and leave your pitches high in the zone. Running long distance will increase stamina and therefore you can pitch with better consistancy for more innings!!! good luck with everything... can i ask what you are doing pre season for workouts/? what is your workout like??? how many days are you throwing off the mound, are you doing long toss everyday??? let me know, i can help you out if you need any good advice...

hahah i totally agree with you that running long distance is essential to pitching. We were just saying that cross country running is ridiculous. They had us doing 4 mile runs up and down hills and through trails and training all week which made it hard for us to put on weight. Our coaches are very unorganized but me and mstropoli have been playing long toss and drills everyday and trying to bullpen twice a week but our coaches keep scheduling games for us randomly without telling us

mstropoli

mstropoli

Awards
hahah i totally agree with you that running long distance is essential to pitching. We were just saying that cross country running is ridiculous. They had us doing 4 mile runs up and down hills and through trails and training all week which made it hard for us to put on weight. Our coaches are very unorganized but me and mstropoli have been playing long toss and drills everyday and trying to bullpen twice a week but our coaches keep scheduling games for us randomly without telling us
haha yeah what moc said....I don't have a problem with running 4-5 miles its when you start getting into the 7+ range that it becomes more harmful than helpful, also the cross country running ended up giving me a right knee problem for awhile that is finally almost gone thank god. but like moc said I agree with long distance just not as an everyday training tool

undead

Awards
if your running a bunch, you might want to check into some good anti-oxidants as you are burning through them faster than you know lol

also, a good electrolyte blend might not hurt either.