what best time to take supplements

rray8028

Awards
I just started taking ON 100% whey gold standard.I have question since I work third shift n get off at 6am then workout.When would be the best times to take that supplements?

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Immediately post workout. And any other time during the day if you're not meeting your protien requirements.

stefang

Awards
Best time to take whey protein is:

I. Right when you wake up, 20 - 40 grams. This will make you anabolic after overnight fast

II. Before workouts, 15-25 grams. This will provide amino acids during workout, so you will be less likely to burn muscle and have more energy. Could be also combined with 20-40 grams of complex carbs. Oatmeal is great for this.

III. Right after workout: 25-40 grams. Best to mix it with casein and about 40-80 grams of high GI carbs. This will promote recovery and protein synthesis =>> growth.

IV. Right before sleep. That's if you don't have casein protein or milk or cottage cheese...Otherwise skip this step

Lastly as the guy above mentioned, taking 10-20 grams between meals is also good. However, points #1, #2, and #3 are the crucial times for overall growth and muscle preservation.

With all the above being said, the more protein you take from real food sources, the less you need to supplement.

poptopop77

Awards
also remember that you should be getting protein from food too and solely from the protein shakes you'll be taking

RobMusta

RobMusta

Awards
depends on what supps ur taking. if its just protein, then take it right after you work out. if its like a PH or somethin then you would want to split up the time frames a bit prolly atleast 4 hours apart of each other. example. if i were taking epi i would take 1 pill when i wake up and 2 pills 30 min before i lift or just take the 1 before and 1 pill 3 hours after i lift. just gotta find what works for you

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Whey: right after waking up, pre and post workout.

Casein (and other slow digesting protein): before bed.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
this is a helpful thread, iv been wondering the same...