Taurine

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Took 5g this morning, still got some cramps. Do the effects accumulate over time? Any dangers going up to 10g first thing in the morning, or pre-wo?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took 5g this morning, still got some cramps. Do the effects accumulate over time? Any dangers going up to 10g first thing in the morning, or pre-wo?
I usually get up to 10 grams/day while on cycle. Its effects are more pronounced with continuous use imo as well. I do recommend breaking it up into 5 grams pre-workout, and 5 grams post workout.

In addition, make sure your fluid intake is very sufficent as well. I do also recommend a gatorade type drink post workout as well. This replaces important extracelluar cations that are needed for sufficient fluid transfer between intra/extra cellular compartments within the body.......limiting the potential effects and incidence of painful pumps.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
whats the benefit/advantages of taking Taurine? And do you feel it in any way?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whats the benefit/advantages of taking Taurine? And do you feel it in any way?
I did a breakdown in my havoc write-up:

-Taurine: Taurine is an amino sulfonic acid that is found in high levels in the skeletal and heart muscles of humans, as well as in white blood cells, and the central nervous system. Taurine aids the movement of potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium in and out of cells and thus helps generate nerve impulses. Muscle pumps/cramping occurs when there is a disruption of the movement of these electrolytes in and out of muscle cells. See below for a more detailed explanation of the pathway. Dosing: (5-6) grams/daily can be taken to help limit excessive muscle pumps/cramping that may occur. I recommend dosing both pre(3 grams)/post(3 grams)workout.

-Fluid/electrolyte intake: It is also very important that you keep your fluid and electrolyte(sodium,potassium,calcium,magnesium) intake very sufficient throughout the day. Fluid/electrolyte loss through training depletes interstitial fluids(basically the fluid that lies outside of the cells)which also attributes to muscle pump/cramping issues, and here's how:

Painful muscle pumps/cramps occur due to loss of the osmotically active particles(mainly NaCL or salt) outside the cell within the interstitial spaces. This causes a disturbance in the osmotic balance(pull) of fluid moving in and out of muscle cells. This then results in muscle cells excessively swelling(because they contain more osmotically active particles and fluid)and you develop very painful pumps. This process can also lead to problems with the calcium pump inside muscle cells. This will cause VERY painful cramps due to the muscle being locked in a contractive state. This is why adequate fluid and electrolye intake during training is very important to maintain this balance and prevent these issues. :)

I myself notice significantly reduced episodes of muscle pumps/cramps when i add taurine into a given cycle. :D

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I second the gatorade type drink, just not gatorade or powerade. they are just sugar water. Their so called "electrolytes" are next to nil.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I second the gatorade type drink, just not gatorade or powerade. they are just sugar water. Their so called "electrolytes" are next to nil.
Agreed. Pedialyte is a great option, but i can't do it because it tastes like absolute sh*t! :p

I got your PM bud, i'll hit you back later tonight. :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
last time i drank pedialyte was when I had pneumonia and had a 102.5 temp for 5 days. I mixed it with a little gatorade. That worked out well. Got a bit better on taste, but still had the good stuff.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
waxymaize BCAAs creatine and sea salt for me.

get tonic water (with quinine) they have a diet version, and drink it throughout the day it can help with your "back pumps" from being on cycle. and stay hydrated!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I did a breakdown in my havoc write-up:

I myself notice significantly reduced episodes of muscle pumps/cramps when i add taurine into a given cycle. :D

why cycle off taurine? since its an amino acid it should be ok to stay on it for long periods of time, also its very reasonably price at NP.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
why cycle off taurine? since its an amino acid it should be ok to stay on it for long periods of time, also its very reasonably price at NP.
Oh, you don't have to cycle off it. I think i just worded that wrong. I don't take as high a dose when i'm off cycle though. I do take it for long periods of time. You definitely can't go wrong with that price at NP! :)

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Oh, you don't have to cycle off it. I think i just worded that wrong. I don't take as high a dose when i'm off cycle though. I do take it for long periods of time. You definitely can't go wrong with that price at NP! :)
I don't think you really worded it wrong, he just misunderstood I believe....

And to the OP, how long have you been taking the Taurine? I don't need anymore than 7g or so while on cycle for it to completely eliminate back pumps. I feel it works better over time as well. So, if you just started, up your dose and assess tolerance after a week or so....