Pre/Intra/Post Workout - BCAA vs. EAA and Leucine

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I have been reading and researching as to what might be the best choice, BCAA's or EAA's, around the workout.

It seems some recommend both but the only logical reason I can come up with for mixing the two is to get additional Leucine from the higher concentration of Leucine in BCAA's as compared to EAA's.

So lets add extra free form Leucine to the mix. What would be best to take around the workout assuming you are also adding an extra 3-5g of free form leucine? I am guessing with the added Leucine there would be no need to add additional BCAA's to a mix of EAA's but I could be wrong.

What would the optimal Pre/Intra/Post amino protocol look like? I took the post protocol from another forum and it seemed to have some support as a good post protocol but what about pre and intra?

Pre - ?????
Intra - ?????
Post - 30-60g Waxy Maize + 10g EAA's + 5g Leucine + 5g Creatine

Or would BCAA's be better at all times over EAA's?

Thank you for the feedback.

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind that EAA's contain the BCAA's although when you get a BCAA supplement, they general have a higher amount of BCAA's.

If I may suggest a pre-made intra workout formula:

http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/universal-nutrition/intra-aid-25-servings.html

Intra-Aid has 8 grms of hydrolyzed whey protein, which is actually faster than ffaa's PLUS 10 grms of EAA's and Beta Alanine and a small amount of carbs. It's perfect for intra-workout.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind that EAA's contain the BCAA's although when you get a BCAA supplement, they general have a higher amount of BCAA's.

If I may suggest a pre-made intra workout formula:

http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/universal-nutrition/intra-aid-25-servings.html

Intra-Aid has 8 grms of hydrolyzed whey protein, which is actually faster than ffaa's PLUS 10 grms of EAA's and Beta Alanine and a small amount of carbs. It's perfect for intra-workout.
I second this...Probably the only supplement that i would buy for intraworkout...plus it doesnt taste bad either...so thats a plus...

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
eaa's with an emphasis on leucine, and add citruline malate and n-acetyl-l-glutamine.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I second this...Probably the only supplement that i would buy for intraworkout...plus it doesnt taste bad either...so thats a plus...
Don't forget about the original intra workout drink and still in my mind the best. IntraBolic by AEN

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I was considering an Intra supplement. They both look solid and it appears that it might be the way to go. With that said it looks like Intra a WPH and ffEEA's are preferred.

I am intersted to hear what others think about what would be the best pre and or post protocol? Would BCAA's or EAA's + Leucine be better? Would a 10 gram dose be adequate. I have read some writings from Charles Poliquin where he suggest relatively high dosages (up to 40 grams of BCAA's).

Thanks again.