Starting Back Up! Recommended Sups?

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum just signed up today. I am 25 and recently graduated from college, I played football in college Division II. I only played for one year and completely stopped working out since then. So It has been about 5 years since I have trained hard. I need to get back into the swing of things, I have been working out pretty hard now for 2 weeks, feeling great!! I can't believe it took me so long to get back into the ruitine.

Anyway, right now I am just taking multivitams, fish oil, and whey protein. I was wondering what else anybody would recommend for some serious strength gains. I am 6' 200 lbs, and have about 20% BF. I am looking to lose the fat, but gain the muscle... My goal is to be around 220, but cut to around 13-17% BF

any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
What does your diet look like?

Some sort of Creatine is a staple for just about everybody (usually monohydrate).

mitbar

Awards
creatine for the win and some bcaas. look into scivation extend and ast micronized creatine mono.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i suggest actually getting back into it before taking anything 2 weeks is too soon IMO after such a long layoff. let ur body get back into the routine of training before u start tossing stuff into the mix

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum just signed up today. I am 25 and recently graduated from college, I played football in college Division II. I only played for one year and completely stopped working out since then. So It has been about 5 years since I have trained hard. I need to get back into the swing of things, I have been working out pretty hard now for 2 weeks, feeling great!! I can't believe it took me so long to get back into the ruitine.

Anyway, right now I am just taking multivitams, fish oil, and whey protein. I was wondering what else anybody would recommend for some serious strength gains. I am 6' 200 lbs, and have about 20% BF. I am looking to lose the fat, but gain the muscle... My goal is to be around 220, but cut to around 13-17% BF

any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks
I would just add a creatine (and possibly some BCAA's) in there. You DON'T need any other supplements. Technically you are a "beginner" (i.e. 5 years not training), so your gains (strength, hypertrophy, etc.) will be made fairly quickly (Baechle, Earle & Wathen, 2000; Heyward, 2006), with NO supplementation (but the basics) required.

I would wait until you've established a solid training base before you look at adding anything else into your supplementation regime.

As for losing fat and gaining muscle (and gaining strength), all of this will depend predominantly on your diet (as opposed to training, but that plays a role as well, obviously). You are looking to RECOMP, which requires extreme discipline and attention to diet. I suggest you get that sorted, stick to your basic supplements, and train hard.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
multi
fish oil
anti-oxidant
creatine
protein
train hard
get good rest
lots of water
eat clean
the rest should fall into place :)

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Beside the things you are taking currently, I would suggest creatine and bcaa.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
if your are trying to cut BCAA should be a staple, if you are trying to bulk then dont feel a rush to take the BCAA. Yes the will help on bulk...are they necessary? No. Also I wouldnt get on any supplements as of yet. Let your body adjust to your workouts and diet sometime before entering into the supplementation. Supplement with good foods for awhile. Then awhile down the road ease your body into it. Supplements are the least important aspect to bodybuilding. diet, sleep, and obviously weights/cardio come first in my book

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone, some good advice.. I am feeling the ever so addicting pump after working out, without any supplements, I feel like I am getting huge already.. I will stick to what I am on for now, and add some BCAA....my diet is very strict, mostly lean meats, a lot of simple carbs, and vegetables.. any suggestions on my diet for cutting BF, but gaining lean muscle mass?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone, some good advice.. I am feeling the ever so addicting pump after working out, without any supplements, I feel like I am getting huge already.. I will stick to what I am on for now, and add some BCAA....my diet is very strict, mostly lean meats, a lot of simple carbs, and vegetables.. any suggestions on my diet for cutting BF, but gaining lean muscle mass?
switch it to about half simple, half complex if possible