Can I mix my EXTEND BCAA's in shakes?

KrunkChris

Awards
So i was wondering If i could mix my extend bcaa's in my pre and post work out shakes, because its says to mix with water.?

Thanks

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Other than - GROSS.

There is no reason to. If you want to do that, buy some bulk BCAAs. I can't imagine the Xtend flavoring NOT ruining a shake, not to mention slowing down absorption.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Other than - GROSS.

There is no reason to. If you want to do that, buy some bulk BCAAs. I can't imagine the Xtend flavoring NOT ruining a shake, not to mention slowing down absorption.
Agreed. Unless you have a fruity flavored protein, this would taste like pure death.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
yeah... dont waste your xtend. enjoy it by sipping it during your workouts and throughout the day. 100X better off buying bulk glutamine and bcaa if you wanna mix it in shakes.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
You work to hard to ruin the taste of Extend,... please, don't do it!!!

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
on a related note guys - I saw on a website selling BCAA stuff that it said not to shake when mixing, but just to "stir vigorously"...

Any reason for that? I can't imagine why on earth it would matter.... I know there's some peptides and stuff that can be damaged by shaking, but BCAA's?!?!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
xtend w/some of the fruity proteins like nectar probably wouldn't bee too bad.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
lemon xtend with nectar road side lemonade is really freaking bomb i love sipping on it, i even toss in a bit of lemonade crystal lite as well which makes it taste even better

Brad2131

Awards
Other than - GROSS.

i have been getting the BCAA powder from Now sports. Where can i get bulk bcaas?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i would put it in waxymaize... with some creatine post workout,

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i hate nector protein, taste horrible, and its foamy, unless theres a good flavor i havent tried, i only tried 2, im afraid to try others lol

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So i was wondering If i could mix my extend bcaa's in my pre and post work out shakes, because its says to mix with water.?

Thanks
Why not just take more protein????

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why not just take more protein????

during a workout,? no because it will cause blood to goto the stomach to digest and not to the muscles (or as much to the muscleS)

after a workout? thje waxymaize can shuttle it faster to be easier assimilatred by the body.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't say anything about intra workout, I quoted the original poster...

I do agree with the Waximaze suggestion post workout though. To me, the whole point of BCAAs are quick absorption.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what flavors hav you tried?

roadside lemonade and that crystal sky i believe, and i think fuzzy navel, i dunt know but i could not drink them, it was too gross

i didnt try the lattes or the sweet ones,

just the naturals.