What supplements to take with this training regime

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.42%

What supplements to take with this training regime

I also got a very active lifestyle, walk 40 mins to and from school 5 days a week, these sessions are really taking it out of me tbh, has anyone got any recommendations for supplements I could take to help recovery? I also wanna include a weight training day but need some major help with recovery first, I was thinking of not bothering with weight training and going on prime to increase any strength gains made from the arts muay thai certainly seems to help with shoulder strength gains, so anyone got any recommendations for supplements? I don't wanna go messing with my hormones so just non hormonal things please. Thanks

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Random181 View Post
    Tuesday: muay thai 1 hour
    Thursday: Taekwondo then muay thai 1 hour each.
    Sunday: taekwondo 1 hour

I also got a very active lifestyle, walk 40 mins to and from school 5 days a week, these sessions are really taking it out of me tbh, has anyone got any recommendations for supplements I could take to help recovery? I also wanna include a weight training day but need some major help with recovery first, I was thinking of not bothering with weight training and going on prime to increase any strength gains made from the arts muay thai certainly seems to help with shoulder strength gains, so anyone got any recommendations for supplements? I don't wanna go messing with my hormones so just non hormonal things please. Thanks
    NeoVar
    Waxy Maize Starch
    BCAA
    Osteo Sport for joints

all of these help boost recovery dramatically...
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Agreed with the above. I would also add some Beta-Alanine to the mix.

I think first and foremost the supplement that would benefit you most are BCAA's.

Are you taking a multi? EFA's? Those are obviously of great benefit for overall health and well-being purposes. They are cheap and effective. I would also look into ZMA for bedtime/sleep/recovery purposes.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.78%

A solid protein powder can't hurt.
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.42%

Thanks well on another idea I was considering just stopping the martial arts for like a month and trying to make some good strength gains, and was considering stacking prime + anabolic pump anyone got any feedback for this stack?
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks well on another idea I was considering just stopping the martial arts for like a month and trying to make some good strength gains, and was considering stacking prime + anabolic pump anyone got any feedback for this stack?
    Unfortunately I have no feedback for you there. I have 2 bottles of Prime that I'm waiting to use for about another month or so as part of a Prime/Stoked/Powerfull stack. I'm definetely looking forward to it.

There are mixed reviews on both AP and Prime, for some people they seem to do very little and others they work very well. All depends I guess. I can recommend NOS Ether and Purple Wraath stack, I've stacked them with MUCH success.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

HyperTrop-X or HyperPump would be good for pre workout stuff.

Throw some BCAAs in there, a good protein powder, and some WMS and you'll be good to go.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.03%

I don't think stopping the MA for a month would be beneficial at all honestly...

You don't have any time to fit weight training into your schedule? Because, working out for a month and then stopping isn't going to help you out at all. You'll make decent gains in strength just as a beginner, but once you drop it and go back to MA, you'll likely go back to where you were as far as strength is concerned....

Citrulline Malate, Beta Alanine, and Protein
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.42%

Okay, Thanks I think i might just get back recovered and then try weight training on the tuesday and see how that goes, guess I just gotta give things and try and see how they go.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.42%

Well I just had another idea, if I was to cut MA to 2 per week on the thursday so basically only 1 days MA training then I would weight train on the Saturday/tuesday (I really wanna put on some more strength gains) I just noticed another supplement which I like the look of, dark matter does anyone have any reviews for this? rms80: I found this while looking for wazy maize starch and was wondering whether it would do the job? im really sorry for all the questions but theres so many conflicting things on the net and the people on this forum seem to know there stuff. Any help or suggestions would be great! thanks for all the help already guys

edit: so just to clarify, the stack im suggesting would be prime+dark matter+casein and BCAA my joints are in pretty good health I take shark cartillidge and have done for a while which I think helps them

edit2: just found something else that I could find nothing but good reviews for on the net, 'muscle milk' anyone got any thoughts on this? better or worse than dark matter post workout?
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.66%

Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore View Post
    Agreed with the above. I would also add some Beta-Alanine to the mix.

I think first and foremost the supplement that would benefit you most are BCAA's.

Are you taking a multi? EFA's? Those are obviously of great benefit for overall health and well-being purposes. They are cheap and effective. I would also look into ZMA for bedtime/sleep/recovery purposes.
    good suggestions on all of the above- forgot to mention the EFAs/multi/anti-ox- cheap way to make sure all your nutritional bases are covered....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.66%

Well I just had another idea, if I was to cut MA to 2 per week on the thursday so basically only 1 days MA training then I would weight train on the Saturday/tuesday (I really wanna put on some more strength gains) I just noticed another supplement which I like the look of, dark matter does anyone have any reviews for this? rms80: I found this while looking for wazy maize starch and was wondering whether it would do the job? im really sorry for all the questions but theres so many conflicting things on the net and the people on this forum seem to know there stuff. Any help or suggestions would be great! thanks for all the help already guys

edit: so just to clarify, the stack im suggesting would be prime+dark matter+casein and BCAA my joints are in pretty good health I take shark cartillidge and have done for a while which I think helps them

edit2: just found something else that I could find nothing but good reviews for on the net, 'muscle milk' anyone got any thoughts on this? better or worse than dark matter post workout?
    don't really know much about Dark Matter- Nutra sells Kwick Karb- cheap and effective form of WMS....btw don't quit training- try to blend the strength training into your workouts- makes for a more complete athlete.....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.7%

I followed your routine for a full year when i was stationed in korea

I had to walk everywhere. several miles a day. I trained everyday on my own. plus military PT plus 8pm to 10pm 4 nights a week I took brazillian Ju jitsu.

let me tell ya after a month your fried

i lived on RPM for energy. bcaa's tons of them. fish oil creatine etc. things to keep endurance up

drive helped as well
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Depending on how you have your current nutritional regimen scheduled a simple EAA product could have dramatic results.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help with diet/training/supplements
    By EBF_2356 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 11:53 PM
  2. supplements for MMA training ?
    By mmacrazy in forum MMA
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 06:49 PM
  3. Training regime designed by IFBB pro
    By GrowthMan1 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8