What to Get in Australia

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22%

What to Get in Australia

I'm spending a semester abroad in Australia, and I was wondering if I could get anything over there which would be more effective than something over the counter in the US?

Thanks

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

More like the other way around. The US allows a lot more supps in than Roo-land does.
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by laxin32 View Post
    I'm spending a semester abroad in Australia, and I was wondering if I could get anything over there which would be more effective than something over the counter in the US?

Thanks
    Probably NOT.

Most of the time, the ingredient that makes a [US] supplement effective is taken out of the Australian and New Zealand version/s of the products and/or the formula is changed completely, because that ingredient is considered to be a 'prescription medicine', (i.e. yohimbine). You will also notice, that even if the formula is the ORIGINAL formula, that the labelling will be different, because there are much harsher standards and rules on what is 'allowed' to be said on a label (i.e. labels are not allowed to have dosage tables categorized by weight, as it is considered to be 'therapeutic'), even if it IS the same product (be careful to read the labels for ingredient profiles).
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Probably NOT.

Most of the time, the ingredient that makes a [US] supplement effective is taken out of the Australian and New Zealand version/s of the products and/or the formula is changed completely, because that ingredient is considered to be a 'prescription medicine', (i.e. yohimbine). You will also notice, that even if the formula is the ORIGINAL formula, that the labelling will be different, because there are much harsher standards and rules on what is 'allowed' to be said on a label (i.e. labels are not allowed to have dosage tables categorized by weight, as it is considered to be 'therapeutic'), even if it IS the same product (be careful to read the labels for ingredient profiles).
    Yep- pretty much it in a nutshell- the TGA is the strictest governing body in the world when it comes to food/supplements/pharmaceuticals. I have talked to some of the QA guys at major pharma companies w/ STELLAR QC records- and they always cringe over TGA audits- one guy told me that they listed an observation (an auditor's version of a reprimand) over a two inch chip in the paint on the floor of one of the gowning areas.....they don't play
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.37%

Besides some Kangaroo meat you're not getting anything worth taking in Australia for cheap. Supps,roids,rec drugs,alcohol...you're gonig to stung on everything.
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.43%

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Yep- pretty much it in a nutshell- the TGA is the strictest governing body in the world when it comes to food/supplements/pharmaceuticals. I have talked to some of the QA guys at major pharma companies w/ STELLAR QC records- and they always cringe over TGA audits- one guy told me that they listed an observation (an auditor's version of a reprimand) over a two inch chip in the paint on the floor of one of the gowning areas.....they don't play
    I had a customer contact me bc Australia wouldnt let Incarnate into the country bc we use Whey Protein as an excipient filler.

I had to send them a signed letter on company letterhead, COA's, source of origin, etc...
    all of this for what... theres probably about a whole 1g of whey protein in the entire bottle of Incarnate

they are insanely strict
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.37%

unlike our immigration....
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.95%

Do u guys know any cheap shipping supplement sellers international?

Similar Forum Threads

1. help from australia
    By vxanimal1989 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 01:44 AM
  2. Any PH available in Australia?
    By BoyFromAus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 03:25 AM
  3. ppl from Australia.. How much is ZMA?
    By BoyFromAus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 10:44 PM
  4. OTC PCT Australia
    By Splat in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 01:31 AM