What to Get in Australia

laxin32

Awards
I'm spending a semester abroad in Australia, and I was wondering if I could get anything over there which would be more effective than something over the counter in the US?

Thanks

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
More like the other way around. The US allows a lot more supps in than Roo-land does.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm spending a semester abroad in Australia, and I was wondering if I could get anything over there which would be more effective than something over the counter in the US?

Thanks
Probably NOT.

Most of the time, the ingredient that makes a [US] supplement effective is taken out of the Australian and New Zealand version/s of the products and/or the formula is changed completely, because that ingredient is considered to be a 'prescription medicine', (i.e. yohimbine). You will also notice, that even if the formula is the ORIGINAL formula, that the labelling will be different, because there are much harsher standards and rules on what is 'allowed' to be said on a label (i.e. labels are not allowed to have dosage tables categorized by weight, as it is considered to be 'therapeutic'), even if it IS the same product (be careful to read the labels for ingredient profiles).

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Probably NOT.

Most of the time, the ingredient that makes a [US] supplement effective is taken out of the Australian and New Zealand version/s of the products and/or the formula is changed completely, because that ingredient is considered to be a 'prescription medicine', (i.e. yohimbine). You will also notice, that even if the formula is the ORIGINAL formula, that the labelling will be different, because there are much harsher standards and rules on what is 'allowed' to be said on a label (i.e. labels are not allowed to have dosage tables categorized by weight, as it is considered to be 'therapeutic'), even if it IS the same product (be careful to read the labels for ingredient profiles).
Yep- pretty much it in a nutshell- the TGA is the strictest governing body in the world when it comes to food/supplements/pharmaceuticals. I have talked to some of the QA guys at major pharma companies w/ STELLAR QC records- and they always cringe over TGA audits- one guy told me that they listed an observation (an auditor's version of a reprimand) over a two inch chip in the paint on the floor of one of the gowning areas.....they don't play:whip:

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Besides some Kangaroo meat you're not getting anything worth taking in Australia for cheap. Supps,roids,rec drugs,alcohol...you're gonig to stung on everything.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Yep- pretty much it in a nutshell- the TGA is the strictest governing body in the world when it comes to food/supplements/pharmaceuticals. I have talked to some of the QA guys at major pharma companies w/ STELLAR QC records- and they always cringe over TGA audits- one guy told me that they listed an observation (an auditor's version of a reprimand) over a two inch chip in the paint on the floor of one of the gowning areas.....they don't play:whip:
I had a customer contact me bc Australia wouldnt let Incarnate into the country bc we use Whey Protein as an excipient filler.

I had to send them a signed letter on company letterhead, COA's, source of origin, etc...
all of this for what... theres probably about a whole 1g of whey protein in the entire bottle of Incarnate

they are insanely strict

caino

caino

Awards
Do u guys know any cheap shipping supplement sellers international?