Doseing glutamine.

Graham

Awards
What is the most effective way to dose Glutamine on non workout days for best results? Thanks:pose:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is the most effective way to dose Glutamine on non workout days for best results? Thanks:pose:
Studies have shown that it doesn't really matter, re non-training days. I would recommend dosing last thing at night, and again sometime else during the day (Candow, Chilibeck, Burke, Davison & Smith-Palmer, 2001).

IMO, unless you're a 'regular' person (i.e. sedentary or exercises little) or a recreational athlete, then glutamine supplementation is not going to do much for your recovery or immune function. It is, however, personal preference, though.

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
I usually just take it with my post wo shake and throw a few scoops in it, but I would take it at night also before you go to sleep in a shake or something.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
i take it first thing and before bed. however i sip on 2 liters of xtend all day so i have some glutamine going through me all day long.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
for non workout days i take it first thing in morning and before bed 5~10g each depending how sore i am, you also get some glutamine with your protein shakes and xtend which i'm now taking.