Xtend vs. Purple Wraath

maradona10

Awards
I'm looking into trying either Xtend or Purple Wraath.

Purple Wraath seems to have more ingredients (not necessarily more of each though) but it is more expensive (around US$10). Also, the breakdown of ingredients is not as clear as the Xtend. The mg listed are overall...so not sure what the ration really is.

Purple Wraath:

PurplEAA Complex
L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Lysine, L-Arginine, L-Histidine, L-Threonine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine 7,000 mg

PurplEndurance Complex
Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate, Betaine Anhydrous, Ginger (from root), L-Norvaline 2,700 mg

against:

Xtend:

L-Leucine 3.5g **
L-Glutamine 2.5g **
L-Isoleucine 1.75g **
L-Valine 1.75g **
Citruline Malate 1g

Any opinions will be welcome. Which one do you think would be better and why?

I've tried taking BA in bulk in the past from NP, but it made me feel sick...I would hope that if go for Purple Wraath, I will be able to handle it, but then again, it is nowhere the recommended daily intake to see real results.

Mmhh...I think i just answered my own question...

Also, I should add, I've tried the bulk BCAA's from NP and whilst they are a little bit cheaper...the taste is horrible and for the $$, I prefer to spend a bit more and be able to enjoy drinking it.

maradona10

Awards
that seems like a good alternative! as well. less servings for around the same price but more of everything per serving...mhhh

surive123

surive123

Awards
I personally cannot stand the flavoring of PW. I always seem to be diluting it with xtend.

Buy both, then mix the two. ;)

maradona10

Awards
what is the taste of Core Zap? very good, good or average?? (obviously a matter of personal taste, but it would be good to know the general concensus)

surive123

surive123

Awards
what is the taste of Core Zap? very good, good or average?? (obviously a matter of personal taste, but it would be good to know the general concensus)
Core Zap is in pill form.

Are you still considering a BCAA/EAA supplement or have you made up your mind?

Core Zap is a pre-workout kind of supplement.

maradona10

Awards
Core Zap is in pill form.

Are you still considering a BCAA/EAA supplement or have you made up your mind?

Core Zap is a pre-workout kind of supplement.
Sorry,I was looking at their website while I was typing and typed the wrong name.

CORE ABC...that was my question.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
ZAP isn't the same thing as ABC. Given your poor tolerance to BA you might want to avoid Core ABC. When you took the NP bulk, how were you dosing it? If BA is that much of a concern I would opt for Xtend and it comes in a variety of flavors so you're bound to find one you enjoy.

maradona10

Awards
with BA (bulk nutraplanet) I tried.

6gms in the morning with water

then

3gms morning and 3 gms afternoon

and then

2gms morning, 2 gms afternoon and 2 gms evening.

I felt sick with after each type of dosage, I tried each dosage for about a week to see if I would get over it...but it didnt work.

I'm still willing to try again in pre mix drink or capsules...who knows..

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Both Xtend and PW are good products. Xtend is nice because it's straight BCAAs. PW is good because it's BCAAs + other essential aminos, and also has a preworkout mix that includes beta alanine. Can't go wrong with either purchase

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I've tried taking BA in bulk in the past from NP, but it made me feel sick...I would hope that if go for Purple Wraath, I will be able to handle it, but then again, it is nowhere the recommended daily intake to see real results.
I just wanted to clarify that I do feel the tinglies of BA in Purple WRAATH (some don't.). But what you need to understand is that PW is not a "BA" product, it's an EAA product that has beta alanine in it... that works in synergy with the other ingredients of the product.

Some of our other products like White FLOOD powder and tablets has BA in them, and ALOT of our customers will stack these products.

If your concerned about the Beta Alanine in PW making you sick, you can PM me your address and we will send you free samples of the product before you commit to a purchase. :)

Hope this helps!
RR

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I also think the BA tingles in Purple Wraath seem to be far better than anything. It's just more costly than my Xtend. which i do enjoy also. You can't really go wrong with either.

maradona10

Awards
I just wanted to clarify that I do feel the tinglies of BA in Purple WRAATH (some don't.). But what you need to understand is that PW is not a "BA" product, it's an EAA product that has beta alanine in it... that works in synergy with the other ingredients of the product.

Some of our other products like White FLOOD powder and tablets has BA in them, and ALOT of our customers will stack these products.

If your concerned about the Beta Alanine in PW making you sick, you can PM me your address and we will send you free samples of the product before you commit to a purchase. :)

Hope this helps!
RR
I'm not concerned about the tingles (it's more the feeling of wanting to puke for about an hour after taking BA that is the issue)

Based on the fact that, as you said, PW is not primaraly a BA product, I would happy to try it and see if works without the sick feeling.

Thank for the offer. I live in Australia which might make sending the samples a bit expensive for you. I will PM my details anyway.

Once again, thank you for the responses.

djbkxr

djbkxr

Awards
I love Purple Wraath but for some reason it's priced $75 @ Vitamin Shoppe. Couldn't convince myself to bend over so I went with some Xtend which, abeit lesser in quantity, was 1/3rd of the price. I don't know if CL has any say or concern about what Vitamin Shoppe prices their products at but they usually aren't too far off. For instance Vitamin Shoppe's price on ON Whey is perfect right now. I was shocked to see such a huge mark up on CL products there. Sorry for the slight derail.

So, having tried both Xtend and Purple Wraath I'd say Purple Wraath wins in terms of ingredients. While Xtend wins in the taste department, which can be a bad thing because I tend to drink it quicker and end up half way through my workout and the water bottle is empty. Watermelon flavor is simply too delicious. Whereas with Purple Wraath's slightly less than attractive taste (it's really not that bad once you get used to it) I tend to only sip as needed.

Both great products though can't go wrong with either.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
doogans Supplements 29
Supplements 31
ryaroberts Supplements 7
Supplements 5
Supplements 36