Piracetam

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
BAC has piracetam at a price so low it's gotta be a misprint.

300g for $7.50... either they're crazy or there's something wrong with it.... or I just struck gold!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I trust Kilo's quality, especially with something that is such an integral part of my supplement stack.

I can feel a very pronounced, dulling effect when I forget to take my piracetam.

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Cool, but BAC's is approx. 1/5th the price. Really does sound too good to be true. Cheap enough that it wouldn't hurt to try, but then again I haven't tried the pir. yet so I wouldn't have anything to compare it to.

Craig

Awards
it is actually pretty cheap by the kg. seen it overseas at something like $14/kg, that was a few years ago.

if using piracetam, you should supplement with choline as it will deplete it pretty quickly if you are not supplementing--then it won't work for you anymore.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Originally posted by Craig

if using piracetam, you should supplement with choline as it will deplete it pretty quickly if you are not supplementing--then it won't work for you anymore.
I cannot reinforce this statement enough. When I started taking it again, I had Choline on order, but it wasn't in yet. I started the Piracetam anyway. About the 3rd day, I suddenly felt like utter crap - my head was spinning and I got very confused. Luckily, I was working in my friend's pharmacy - so I grabbed a bottle of Choline Bitartrate off the shelf and dropped a few. About an hour later, I felt MUCH better.

I usually use DMAE (choline precursor that readily cross the BBB), but after Spook showed me some studies showing that DMAE depletes body choline, I started taking a regular choline supplement every 4-5 days.

By the way, stacking with Ginkgo and Vinpocetine makes for one powerful punch.

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
I already use Huperzine and Vinpocetine. Alcar too. I already have DMAE but since you mention that... I'll get some choline too.

Screw it, it's so cheap it certainly won't hurt to try BAC's.

spike1205

Awards
so whats the effect of piracetam--what does it really do for you?

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Supposed to really sharpen up your mind, improve thinking and memory, etc, etc.

I already like the way HupA/Vin and ALCAR make me feel, and piracetam is supposed to be the most noticeable.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
David Tolsen wrote a good article in this month's Mind and Muscle magazine (Part 1, anyway)

Craig

Awards
piracetam increases levels of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine in the brain, increases oxygen levels in the brain, increases activity across the corpus collosum (sp?)--i.e., increases left-right brain communication. i found it enhanced my ability to focus--to read and absorb it all, to go to meetings and keep focused on the discussion for long periods of time. there are many studies that you can find on the internet about it. it works particularly well with deprenyl (which increases domapine levels).

i eventually stopped using it because i noticed that i had sort-of a rebound effect on me afterward--so a few hours after that big meeting when my boss came to follow-up about something from it--i was sorta-crashing and not able to keep focused on our discussion. it is good for a few hours at a time though.

i wonder if anyone else has experienced this as well.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Originally posted by Craig

i wonder if anyone else has experienced this as well.
Only when I wasn't taking sufficient Choline

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Dimond and Bowers(1976)
Found that after two weeks, a group of students who received piracetam(4.8gm/day) had significant improvement in memory and verbal material compared to a control group

Giurgea(1977)
The above study was confirmed in a similar study of seventeen young, healthy volunteers with the administration of 3.2gm/day of piracetam for 5 days.

Mindus(1976)
Studied eighteen middle-aged subjects who were essentially in good health, but complained of some memory loss. The authors reported that piracetam produced significant improvement in mental performance after 4 weeks of doses of 4.8gm/day

There are 3 dosage levels that have been used in human trials:

1.6gm/day
2.4gm/day
4.8gm/day

Add choline to the mix to increase effectiveness.

Number 5

Awards
for me piracetam helps with creative thinking & creative problem solving more than with memory or attention. i love the stuff, but i needed to use about 5 g a day to see results. now i take a little bit less though - approx 3g/day combined with other brain supps.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
That has to be wrong. I actually just bought a kilo from a manufacturer overseas for $150. It can be found cheaper, but not by that much.

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
I know. The person on the phone confirmed it though. I went ahead and ordered it. 300g for $7.50, no filler.

In about a week I'll find out if it's piss-poor quality or not. I have a small amount on order as well from a proven source, so I'll have something to compare it to.

Craig

Awards
yea, i think choline is key. in general, i find myself more articulate--i can write much better on it. but the effect is subtle--not really 'psychoactive' like things such as stimulants--seems it makes the brain just work better.

Craig

Awards
your price sounds about right--for material out of china.

blazinred

Awards
what about san neuroflow? its got chlorine and piracetam in it, through the piracetam is only 500 mg per serving! anyone have any thoughts on this?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Expensive and underdosed

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I'll have this after Jan 1st, waiting for the approval to go through.

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
BAC replied that the reason it's so cheap is that it's not patented anymore. Hmm.

Hopefully Mike's price will be similar, since BAC takes an agonizingly long time to ship.

blazinred

Awards
whats another brain stack i can use? Im using neuroflow but it does look underdosed, also stacking it with 2000 mg of ltyrosine and 750 mg dmae. Thanks.

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Huperzine and vinpocetine. One nice noticeable effect from the vin is that I see colors a little sharper when I'm on it. Kinda interesting.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I really got screwed. When I was trying to open my own store, I ordered 2 kilos from a manufacturer for $150 each. I thought it was a good price as there were some of those on-line pharmacies and what-nots selling it for like 4 times that much. (Poor research on my part)

Now, Im going to have to take like 4 times LESS than what I paid for it just to get rid of it. POOP!!

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Update: received BAC's pir powder yesterday. I feel no difference from the previous brand; I think we've got a good deal here.

I should add that I started taking rhodiola with the stack and I swear I am flying all day, with no ephedrine-style jitters. ;)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you describe the appearance of the powder?

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Placed side by side next to table sugar, you couldn't tell the difference. When mixed with water and downed quickly, there's an indescribable, but nasty taste way in the back of my mouth.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The appearance sounds right (noticeable small crystals).

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
can you post a link to the 7.50 one?

thanks

h19

drei

Awards
Taste Like Sh*t!

Just received mine from 1FAST and it taste like WTF! Gottta find something to mix this with.

GIJoe

Pat Tillman, American HERO
Awards
I get mine from here www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=912; works great, is a little cheaper... but it does taste like sh**. I heat 2 gulps of milk, mix and drink... then have something else ready to wash the nasty stuff down, along with the choline tabs.

Do any of the sponsors carry P yet? I didn't see it.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Ditto on the freaky chem taste...that which does not kill me will make me stronger!

GIJoe

Pat Tillman, American HERO
Awards
I get mine from here www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=912; works great, is a little cheaper... but it does taste like sh**. I heat 2 gulps of milk, mix and drink... then have something else ready to wash the nasty stuff down, along with the choline tabs.

Do any of the sponsors carry P yet? I didn't see it.
I have upped my intake to 5g ED/170lbs (100mg/kg recommended), and noticed a considerable difference, along with taking 4g choline. I take it for an additional reason, though. Piracetam increases oxygen absorption in the brain. I have been disabled for the past 8 years (6 of those years complete disability) from headaches and memory probs resulting from mild traumatic brain injury. I have tried every medication available for headaches to no avail. To shorten a long story (damn doctors...) once I started taking piracetam, the headaches reduced to a manageable level which now allows me to exercise for the first time in 8 years.

Effin' doctors, FDA, drug manufacturers -- they eliminate the effective supplements so they can make money on ineffective and side-effect laden medications. I almost killed myself many times because the constant pain was so severe, and there was no way to get away from it. Ought to start another thread on alternative healing supplements like B17 for cancer elimination, so others can have an avenue to research for themselves!!!!

drei

Awards
This stuff is Great! Great! Great!

I've dealt with being dyslexic having some serious attention span issues all my life and I have to say this compound is kind of freaking me out. The second day I was able to focus much better than usual. Today I didn't have to read sentences twice in order to comprehend and remember key words and phrases. Placebo effect maybe? I don't know but they say the results will be optimal in a few months I'll keep you guys posted. Also you get some very vivid dreams on this stuff interesting compound to say the least.

Black Star Labs now has 1000 grams for $21.95

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I have upped my intake to 5g ED/170lbs (100mg/kg recommended), and noticed a considerable difference, along with taking 4g choline. I take it for an additional reason, though. Piracetam increases oxygen absorption in the brain. I have been disabled for the past 8 years (6 of those years complete disability) from headaches and memory probs resulting from mild traumatic brain injury. I have tried every medication available for headaches to no avail. To shorten a long story (damn doctors...) once I started taking piracetam, the headaches reduced to a manageable level which now allows me to exercise for the first time in 8 years.

Effin' doctors, FDA, drug manufacturers -- they eliminate the effective supplements so they can make money on ineffective and side-effect laden medications. I almost killed myself many times because the constant pain was so severe, and there was no way to get away from it. Ought to start another thread on alternative healing supplements like B17 for cancer elimination, so others can have an avenue to research for themselves!!!!

Great to hear your reversal GI.

I agree that we should start a healing section/subsection of the supps thread. I totally agree about Drs and the Pharmacueticals = scum. I bet you can teach us much from your experiences.