Working Night Shift...ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Working Night Shift...ideas?

Ok so I got a new job and I am working 8pm - 6am. Seeing the sun come up when I go to bed is messing with me. I am thinking about maybe adding some 5-HTP and Valerian root with my usual ZMK to help me get to sleep. Just wondering if anybody else has experience with a situation similar to this.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  217 lbs.
    Answers

i work security 10-6 but i take naps lol
  3. Registered User
    Answers

low doses of lean extreme, and occasional melatonin. cortisol seems to spike when working night shift.
    •   

4. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

When working the overnight shift (which I do often), Somnidren GH helps me to bed very easily. It also stacks perfectly with ZMK.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  5. Registered User
    Answers

I work 10:30-6am.. but Ive always been a night person, up til 5am no matter what.

its quit difficult to fall asleep when its daylight, i shut my door and curtains.. if I need to.. some zma/gaba etc,.,
  6. Registered User
    Answers

I take 3mg of Melatonin...works good for me.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Naps
    White FLOOD
    ZMK
  8. Registered User
    Answers

and dark window coverings help a lot.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    When working the overnight shift (which I do often), Somnidren GH helps me to bed very easily. It also stacks perfectly with ZMK.
    I have been wanting to stack somnidren with ZMK for a while. I'm going to have to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    I work 10:30-6am.. but Ive always been a night person, up til 5am no matter what.
    I've always been a night person too. It's just that seeing the sunlight messes me up. I feel like a vampire.
  10. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

yea I hear on that last point. I used to be up until like 5am every single night...but it was just before it got light out. Now when i'm forced to be up until it's light out....it just feels wrong.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  11. Registered User
    Answers

i been working night shift for off and on 20 years now. plenty of exercise and a good diet are good no matter what shift you work. blackout curtains, and telling friends and family if you call or wake me at 3 in the afternoon i will be calling you at 3 am, it only took a couple of times to make my point. melatonin and cycling a cortisol reducer really seems to help. i am interested in trying endoamp, it seems mild and safe for long term. btw i often work 12's from 11pm to 11am, nothing to average 60 hours a week and i just turned 50.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i been working night shift for off and on 20 years now. plenty of exercise and a good diet are good no matter what shift you work. blackout curtains, and telling friends and family if you call or wake me at 3 in the afternoon i will be calling you at 3 am, it only took a couple of times to make my point. melatonin and cycling a cortisol reducer really seems to help. i am interested in trying endoamp, it seems mild and safe for long term. btw i often work 12's from 11pm to 11am, nothing to average 60 hours a week and i just turned 50.

lol i wake people up too to make my point
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tirtle88 View Post
    lol i wake people up too to make my point
    it only take a couple of times before they get the point. hey, whats up. what you doing, at 3am usually works real well.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

yea I hear on that last point. I used to be up until like 5am every single night...but it was just before it got light out. Now when i'm forced to be up until it's light out....it just feels wrong.
    Yup. I used to go to bed around 5 every night but it never felt weird cause it was dark out. I could be dead tired but when I see the sun and it just messes with me. It's starting to get used to it though.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    Yup. I used to go to bed around 5 every night but it never felt weird cause it was dark out. I could be dead tired but when I see the sun and it just messes with me. It's starting to get used to it though.
    Dark shades
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Answers

I work the night shift randomly, on top of a regular day shift and it sucks; sleep is all over the place. I would suggest SNS Phenibut and Valerian root for sleep - these 2 help me more than anything in the past.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Valerian gives me "night terrors". Camomile tea and Bacopa are good relaxants. Black out the room and kill the noise. Earplugs or masking or both.
  18. Registered User
    Answers

ive been working night shifts for 5 years(10pm til 830am).for the last year ive been taking bulk carboxy or powerfull(either 1/4 tsp or 2 pills) and my (often) short sleep(4-6 hours)feels like a full 8.it doesnt really knock me out though,for that i use loads of alcohol and masturbation.
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdeez View Post
    I work the night shift randomly, on top of a regular day shift and it sucks; sleep is all over the place. I would suggest SNS Phenibut and Valerian root for sleep - these 2 help me more than anything in the past.
    been wanting to try phenibut, could i take it with melatonin?
  20. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

honestly i would reccommend bulletproof in this situation but the cheapest way would be 3mg melatonin. i have only taken melatonin a handful of times but each time it was very effective and i dont use it because it makes me sleep too long. You will get used to it eventually but ive been doing this for awhile and once you get home and see the sunlight just about everytime no matter how tired you are before that, you will be awake. serotonin releases naturally with the sight of light so melatonin supplementation is a good counter. Bulletproof really works too.
  21. Registered User
    Answers

i can't believe no one else has followed up on the FACT that working night shift raises cortisol levels.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

When would be the best time to work out? You'd think prior to going to work if the night shift raises cortisol levels.

I've wondered if taking melotonin long term would cause shutdown or suppression of your bodies own natural production?
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

i can't believe no one else has followed up on the FACT that working night shift raises cortisol levels.
    A fact? Does it raise it enough to really matter? I've always stayed up late. The only difference is I'm working now.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by goodside View Post
    When would be the best time to work out? You'd think prior to going to work if the night shift raises cortisol levels.
    The only time I can is in the morning on days I work.

Oops. Sorry about the double post.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    honestly i would reccommend bulletproof in this situation but the cheapest way would be 3mg melatonin. i have only taken melatonin a handful of times but each time it was very effective and i dont use it because it makes me sleep too long. You will get used to it eventually but ive been doing this for awhile and once you get home and see the sunlight just about everytime no matter how tired you are before that, you will be awake. serotonin releases naturally with the sight of light so melatonin supplementation is a good counter. Bulletproof really works too.
    Hey pistonpump, Who makes bulletproof? Got a link?
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Oops found it dont worry
  27. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

zma hasnt put me to sleep that well its more something i take when im already ready to sleep. If you run Muscle Pharm Bulletproof as a norm that will get you to sleep good but if you really need to you could take a break and just take 2-4mg of melatonin. Alot of people get used to the melatonin supplementation ive noticed. Just eat more to fight cortisol imo i dont think it matters much now.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    shameless plug
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Answers

BigT, you could use Phenibut with Melatonin without a problem. I would just use half your usually dose of melatonin.
  30. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

While everyone here in the U.S. is getting all hopped up on Melatonin supplementation and thinking you're helping yourself out...please note that the melatonin you're taking is synthetic...not the exact same melatonin in your body. It is made from organic substances like the vomit of a cow (literally) and then given to you to use.

I think i'll stick with my zmk/somnidren
    www.millenniumsport.net
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

cow puke. mmm tasty
  32. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

While everyone here in the U.S. is getting all hopped up on Melatonin supplementation and thinking you're helping yourself out...please note that the melatonin you're taking is synthetic...not the exact same melatonin in your body. It is made from organic substances like the vomit of a cow (literally) and then given to you to use.

cow vomit
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Cow vomit! That is so hardcore. ha
  34. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdeez View Post
    BigT, you could use Phenibut with Melatonin without a problem. I would just use half your usually dose of melatonin.
    i have sns phenibut and rk125 in my cart, along with mst cre02. chef, you could use some cre02. very good stuff. phenibut has interested me for a long time, just didn't want to mess with the bulk powder. now that you have it in caps, im going to try it.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    Ok so I got a new job and I am working 8pm - 6am. Seeing the sun come up when I go to bed is messing with me. I am thinking about maybe adding some 5-HTP and Valerian root with my usual ZMK to help me get to sleep. Just wondering if anybody else has experience with a situation similar to this.
    similar to mine.
    I am a 10-6 myself.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

bump.
    which makes staying in shape an extra effort.

BTW bulk 1-carboxy and cissus work for me.
    I just pop about 600mg of each and some soothing tea and its a gradual thing.
    then again staying asleep is the problem.

then being that I am the errand runner and handyman for my elderly gran, I am usually getting woken up and/or called anyway.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  217 lbs.
    Answers

so wait u guys r gonna use this stuff to help u sleep all the time....

Do what i do i work graveyard and go to the gym right after in the morning then have no problem going to sleep i knock out without takin a shower sometimes lol
  38. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tirtle88 View Post
    so wait u guys r gonna use this stuff to help u sleep all the time....

Do what i do i work graveyard and go to the gym right after in the morning then have no problem going to sleep i knock out without takin a shower sometimes lol
    Not a bad idea....I work 9-5am but I usually lift right before I go to work. I don't really need anything to knock me out when I get home because I'm already so tierd. Just make sure your room stays dark and that should help out a lot.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeMuscle View Post
    Not a bad idea....I work 9-5am but I usually lift right before I go to work. I don't really need anything to knock me out when I get home because I'm already so tierd. Just make sure your room stays dark and that should help out a lot.

yea lol i got a friend to tint my windows he's a pro he just got it from autozone and i just paid for the film.

and yea i used to workout before work too 10pm-6am but this way its like everyone else when they workout after work but theres less people in the gym.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  217 lbs.
    Answers

all the old people go in the morning so you'll probably be the biggest one there:dl::clean::good:

all the old chicks will be hitting on you jk lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Night shift Erase/OEP/Alpha log
    By sarguy in forum PES
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 10:39 AM
  2. pre made meal plans and working night shift conflict?
    By bNugs in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 05:33 PM
  3. working out: morning or night?
    By BigRed86 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 03:35 PM
  4. HCG not working ...any other ideas
    By griffinannie in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 10:25 AM