adderal alternative

ClutchGene

Awards
Any suggestions for an adderal alternative? I am an NCAA athlete and cannot take adderal since it is banned. Are there any alternatives that an NCAA athlete can take mainly as a study aid? thank you

pata320

pata320

Banned
Awards
Phenadrine + Lean FX = results of an adhd medication. Try it out.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Phenadrine + Lean FX = results of an adhd medication. Try it out.
lean fx? i thuoght that was for cortisol. maybe pea/hordenine will show up as an amphetamine,thats what pea is.

pata320

pata320

Banned
Awards
aneurin DBE in leanfx acts on the brain in a similar way as the prescription adhd meds do to get that "in the zone" feel. pea/hordenine sucks so much balls, lasts for about 10 minutes with a major crash. It's the certain type of pea in phenadrine that is the cure. Even Meltdown's pea doesn't touch Phenadrines.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
If you have good insurance, Provigil is sweet
Many like Provigil, but I noticed no good effects from it nor did my mom who is diagnosed with fibromyalgia/CFS. I noticed that I didn't want to sleep, but I didn't want to do much of anything else either. lol.

And yes, it IS VERY expensive without insurance. Some like it, some don't. Tolerance is definitely an issue if taken everyday.

tmachovec

tmachovec

Awards
Any suggestions for an adderal alternative? I am an NCAA athlete and cannot take adderal since it is banned. Are there any alternatives that an NCAA athlete can take mainly as a study aid? thank you
I don't see dextroamphetamine on the list. Yes, I know it will show up as a false positive for amph. on a urine test. There are no exceptions for doctor prescribed medications?

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
How about some Sulbutiamine ?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I don't see dextroamphetamine on the list. Yes, I know it will show up as a false positive for amph. on a urine test. There are no exceptions for doctor prescribed medications?
You've got to be crapping me. dextroamphetamine is a big step up from the racemic, garbage mix of Adderall. Pop dexies and you'll be sure to get the boot.

EatMeat

EatMeat

Awards
try some good old caffiene.
NoDoze or StayAwake tabs from walgreens are 200mg tablets that get you focused.. and its cheap.

i used to take adderall.
ive got ADHD as bad as anyone and the caffeine works for me.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
pea is the closest thing, but i wonder if it would come up as a postive.

look into germanine and sublatamine, great non-amphetamine stimulants and can add some caffiene

or the new Speed V2 might work, and it has no caffiene.

nofx4110

nofx4110

Awards
B vitamins help me. I switched to wellbutrin too, I don't know if that would show up or if it's banned though...

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I may have to pick up Lean FX and Phenedrine to try that one out.

My old standby for hardcore/Finals/No sleep studying is Caffeine/Nicotine gum......Controversial slightly but it will dial you in if you use it correctly, a lot of guys I know agree and use Dip and redbulls (blah haha). It does make me want to chew gum a lot more though haha

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
B vitamins help me. I switched to wellbutrin too, I don't know if that would show up or if it's banned though...
Buproprion couldn't be banned. It's a medication for depression (atypical depression with possible ADD/ADHD).

tmachovec

tmachovec

Awards
You've got to be crapping me. dextroamphetamine is a big step up from the racemic, garbage mix of Adderall.
no not trying to crap you. i am just a little confused. why is generic adderall called dextro amp when it is only one of the four types of amp salts in it mix. mix

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
no not trying to crap you. i am just a little confused. why is generic adderall called dextro amp when it is only one of the four types of amp salts in it mix. mix
Generic adderall is called "mixed amphetamine salts."
Generic dexedrine is called "dextroamphetamine sulfate." (good old dex)

dextroamphetamine (sold in the sulfate salt) is the d isomer of amphetamine. It is a powerful CNS stimulant (concentration, focus), but a weak PNS (peripheral nervous system) stimulant.

levoamphetamine, is the l isomer of amphetamine. It is primarily a PNS stimulator, and to a lesser extent CNS stimulator. It has a quicker onset than d-amph, and a longer half life (duration of effects) than d-amph.

Adderall is 75% dextroamphetamine, and 25% levoamphetamine of the sulfate, aspartate monohydrate, and saccharate salts to keep it simple. Since the salts are metabolized at different rates, a much smoother serum blood level of amphetamine is achieved. This minimizes the highs and lows of the effects.

I'm pretty sure that having a diagnosis of something that allows the use of amphetamine stimulant medication is allowed by the NCAA, but am not 100% on that one.

Are you diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, SSRI drug resistant depression, or narcolepsy? If not, you should really not use these powerful stimulants. Sure they help studying, but carry a STRONG possibility of addiction due to dopamine modulation. I would not recommend taking them unless you have ADD/ADHD.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
You've got to be crapping me. dextroamphetamine is a big step up from the racemic, garbage mix of Adderall. Pop dexies and you'll be sure to get the boot.
d-amph can put you in the zone mentally, but is not as good for the physical "boost" aspect.

Did you know that Adderall is really 75% dextroamphetamine? It's 37.5% d-amph sulfate, 12.5% d-amph aspartate monohydrate, and 25% d-amph saccharate. The reason levo-amph was included was that some people have a better response to the L isomer in combination as opposed to simply the D isomer.

A 20mg adderall yields 15mg dex salts and 5mg levo salts (base equivalent can't remember).

Wellbutrin is a phenethylamine similar in composition to amphetamines. If taken, it can show up as a false positive for immunoassay screening tests as amphetamines. However the positive is usually followed up by a gas chromatography mass spectroscopy testing, which would clear up the false positive.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Adderall is a mix of amphetamine salts, d-amphetamine being one of them.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I may have to pick up Lean FX and Phenedrine to try that one out.

My old standby for hardcore/Finals/No sleep studying is Caffeine/Nicotine gum......Controversial slightly but it will dial you in if you use it correctly, a lot of guys I know agree and use Dip and redbulls (blah haha). It does make me want to chew gum a lot more though haha
Amen to that brother. Copius amounts of skoal longcut and coffee.

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Some form of choline + ALCAR + Sulbutiamine + __racetam + caffeine

I personally have choline citrate and piracetam, but there are a couple different kinds of each out there.

Great stack for pulling all-nighters and really helps keep you focused. Give it a shot...

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
d-amph can put you in the zone mentally, but is not as good for the physical "boost" aspect.

Did you know that Adderall is really 75% dextroamphetamine? It's 37.5% d-amph sulfate, 12.5% d-amph aspartate monohydrate, and 25% d-amph saccharate. The reason levo-amph was included was that some people have a better response to the L isomer in combination as opposed to simply the D isomer.

A 20mg adderall yields 15mg dex salts and 5mg levo salts (base equivalent can't remember).

Wellbutrin is a phenethylamine similar in composition to amphetamines. If taken, it can show up as a false positive for immunoassay screening tests as amphetamines. However the positive is usually followed up by a gas chromatography mass spectroscopy testing, which would clear up the false positive.
Dex will DEFINITELY put one in the zone ;) This sounds really stupid to say, but during my experience with methamphetamine (2.5 month run) I would get more done in one day than I could in three weeks. I remember being on a flight from Los Angeles to Newark, NJ and I read all the articles from 2 magazines and I finished reading a 140 page book on dreams... and still had time to write some notes down in a binder.

edit: and yes, I know that dex and meth aren't the same ;)

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Dex will DEFINITELY put one in the zone ;) This sounds really stupid to say, but during my experience with methamphetamine (2.5 month run) I would get more done in one day than I could in three weeks. I remember being on a flight from Los Angeles to Newark, NJ and I read all the articles from 2 magazines and I finished reading a 140 page book on dreams... and still had time to write some notes down in a binder.

Deff. It's awesome for partying and school work, you're like in the ZONE.. not that I would know or anything !

:run:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Deff. It's awesome for partying and school work, you're like in the ZONE.. not that I would know or anything !

hmmm... didn't know you've experienced it before

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established

Dex will put me in the zone only mentally. I love using it because dex calms me down and puts me into a very sharp mental state, while allowing me to go to sleep that same night, haha (unlike adderall, good luck sleeping!). Adderall for daytime pep and focus, and dex if needed for the evening.

I like Adderall because of the mental and slight physical boost, it lasts longer because of the longer half-life the levo isomer has and is a stronger smoother feeling because of the different salts. And yes, legally!

That methyl group is a whole new beast though for methamph, I was glad and happy to read a while back on the forums that you kicked it to the curb.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established

Well I certainly am glad that you are NOT:rolleyes: the type of person that unnecessarily abuses prescription stimulants for schoolwork, constantly reinforcing doctors and societies stereotypical view that ADD is a bullshit disorder, and neurotransmitter deficiency or overabundant dopamine transporters :eek:*gasp* couldn't ever occur in an individual. :rolleyes:

So thank you for constantly reinforcing society and their views that people with ADD are just lazy and speed freaks because they take low dose neurotransmitter modulators. ;)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Dex will put me in the zone only mentally. I love using it because dex calms me down and puts me into a very sharp mental state, while allowing me to go to sleep that same night, haha (unlike adderall, good luck sleeping!). Adderall for daytime pep and focus, and dex if needed for the evening.

I like Adderall because of the mental and slight physical boost, it lasts longer because of the longer half-life the levo isomer has and is a stronger smoother feeling because of the different salts. And yes, legally!

That methyl group is a whole new beast though for methamph, I was glad and happy to read a while back on the forums that you kicked it to the curb.
Thanks ecu. I had a stupid, idiotic relapse, but after 4 days... got back on track. I couldn't believe it. And that was my mistake; Thinking it's all over.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
and to answer the Original Poster, there is currently nothing out on the market that would prove as potent or more stimulant wise than amphetamine. If there is, it is more than likely a schedule 2. The only drugs that have consistently, and EFFECTIVELY proven as "potent" stimulants alter dopamine levels in the central nervous system. And if it alters dopamine levels, then there is a strong potential for addictions, which is why cocaine, amphetamine (racemic, dextro, and methyl), and methylphenidate are heavily controlled drugs.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Thanks ecu. I had a stupid, idiotic relapse, but after 4 days... got back on track. I couldn't believe it. And that was my mistake; Thinking it's all over.
Glad to hear all is still well, I do not know exactly how you feel, but can relate. It is very tempting even for me to "maybe take another extra pill just this once."

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Well I certainly am glad that you are NOT:rolleyes: the type of person that unnecessarily abuses prescription stimulants for schoolwork, constantly reinforcing doctors and societies stereotypical view that ADD is a bullshit disorder, and neurotransmitter deficiency or overabundant dopamine transporters :eek:*gasp* couldn't ever occur in an individual. :rolleyes:

So thank you for constantly reinforcing society and their views that people with ADD are just lazy and speed freaks because they take low dose neurotransmitter modulators. ;)
This is obviously a sarcastic remark, but I hardly consider taking it TWICE as abusing it. The people pretending they have ADD and ADHD just to get it are the real problems.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
This is obviously a sarcastic remark, but I hardly consider taking it TWICE as abusing it. The people pretending they have ADD and ADHD just to get it are the real problems.
Agreed, in addition to the people who give away or sell their medication (which could be one in the same people that you stated). Anyways, your previous statement implied that you have ingested it(read abuse) more than two times. Nothing personal though, just venting some frustration that I built up this week regarding a prescription fill.

"It's awesome for partying and school work, you're like in the ZONE."

People who abuse(IE use without a prescription or fake a diagnosis) legitimate strictly controlled drugs for ADD/ADHD make it much harder for people with with a legitimate need(and diagnosis) to obtain medication. People look at you like you're a ****ing drug addict when you go to fill your prescription now, even worse than when getting fills for mscontin or even fentanyl patches, absolutely ridiculous!! </end rant>

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Agreed, in addition to the people who give away or sell their medication (which could be one in the same people that you stated). Anyways, your previous statement implied that you have ingested it(read abuse) more than two times. Nothing personal though, just venting some frustration that I built up this week regarding a prescription fill.

"It's awesome for partying and school work, you're like in the ZONE."

People who abuse(IE use without a prescription or fake a diagnosis) legitimate strictly controlled drugs for ADD/ADHD make it much harder for people with with a legitimate need(and diagnosis) to obtain medication. People look at you like you're a ****ing drug addict when you go to fill your prescription now, even worse than when getting fills for mscontin or even fentanyl patches, absolutely ridiculous!! </end rant>
It's all good, I just made an assumption when I said "It's awesome for partying and school work, you're like in the ZONE." based on the 2 times I tried it. I guess I always thought of 'abuse' as excessive use of something, like people without prescriptions buying it from people constantly and using all the time.

My friend that does have ADD told me how easy it could have been to fake the symptoms and to get diagnosed for a prescription med. Like the doc. he see's doesn't really check up on him to see how everything is going with the dosing, my friend could say he needs stronger stuff and the doc. would write a prescription without giving it a second thought.That's kinda scary I think..

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
It's all good, I just made an assumption when I said "It's awesome for partying and school work, you're like in the ZONE." based on the 2 times I tried it. I guess I always thought of 'abuse' as excessive use of something, like people without prescriptions buying it from people constantly and using all the time.

My friend that does have ADD told me how easy it could have been to fake the symptoms and to get diagnosed for a prescription med. Like the doc. he see's doesn't really check up on him to see how everything is going with the dosing, my friend could say he needs stronger stuff and the doc. would write a prescription without giving it a second thought.That's kinda scary I think..
I had a doctor in Los Angeles (still around) that would write me ANYTHING except prescription meth. My first time going to him, I was trying to quit meth and I read him a list of meds:

Modafinil
Klonipen
Neurontin
Propranolol

and my Cymbalta

He said, "looks like you should be the doctor", laughs... looks in the book, and writes away.