Melatonin

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I take 6-9 mg at night and I feel great in the morning. The only problem I run into is sleep eating and walking. The eating part is what I try to avoid. This is just something I've always done whenever I've been in a deep sleep. I also talk in my sleep or so I'm told. So I usually stick to 6 mg.

2. 3 mg is considered a maximun, and to some nutritionists, a high dose of melantonin. for those of you mazing this up to 6 and 9 - how long term have you been employing this for. one concern in melantonin production in the body is its role in migrain headaches.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
    3 mg is considered a maximun, and to some nutritionists, a high dose of melantonin. for those of you mazing this up to 6 and 9 - how long term have you been employing this for. one concern in melantonin production in the body is its role in migrain headaches.
    How the F are "nutritionists" gonna know S*** if the scientists don't even know what the longterm effects high dosage are?

BTW high dose melatonin is being researched currently to fight against certain types of cancers, the results so far are very solid.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiyca View Post
    How the F are "nutritionists" gonna know S*** if the scientists don't even know what the longterm effects high dosage are?

BTW high dose melatonin is being researched currently to fight against certain types of cancers, the results so far are very solid.
    i wasn't exactly critisizing long term use. part of the research i was talking about is supplementation with melantonin to balance its hormonal levels in the body for migraine sufferers.
  5. Will You Be Tired?

First, our dosage is 5mg not 6 mg. You will not be tired in any way the next day. The dosage is delivered over 6-hours and by the time you wake up you are good to go!
    •   

6. Not sure what you are asking?

7. We must say that our 5mg transdermal dose is the optimal dose. First, unlike oral melatonin supplements, our delivery is via a 6-hour timed release. So you are not getting all of the dosage at once. Second, even though the patch dosage is 5mg, there is some "shrinkage" in the transdermal process. So the effective dose is between 3.5mg and 4.5mg.

The melatonin patch is fantastic! We hope you will trial it.

8. I think that over 3mg of melatonin isn't very good for our body. If melatonin is high, then it doesn't help you to fall asleep. The opposite happens! Also you get used to, so you must take it only when you really need to fall asleep fast.

There are some studies also, but i don't have a link!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How much melatonin?
    By warbird01 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 12:09 PM
  2. Need some melatonin help
    By ReaperX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 09:23 AM
  3. Melatonin?!
    By MattRoeske in forum Supplements