Melatonin lowers testosterone?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Interesting- I have taken it for years and I stay pretty jacked :)

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
Ya, I thought the theory was that a deeper sleep allows your body to produce the testosterone it needs.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
me too- guess we were wrong ;)

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
It has been shown too increase prolactin in humans. I havent seen any studies regarding testosterone, and humans, for what its worth.

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
0.5mg/kg = 50mg for a 220lb person. Huge dosage, although I'm not sure how to translate the rat dosage into human terms.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
0.5mg/kg = 50mg for a 220lb person. Huge dosage, although I'm not sure how to translate the rat dosage into human terms.
50 mg would probably **** you up :) there is an equation to translate surface area and mg/kg from rats to humans- I will look around for it....

dfohio

Banned
Awards
It has been shown too increase prolactin in humans. I havent seen any studies regarding testosterone, and humans, for what its worth.
There also was a human study where melatonin taken orally pre-workout increased GH levels. If estrogen regulates GH, is there a link between the lower testosterone and high GH?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
There also was a human study where melatonin taken orally pre-workout increased GH levels. If estrogen regulates GH, is there a link between the lower testosterone and high GH?
I cant really say for sure. Im not really positive on the relationship between GH and test. But as far as I know they're not mutual exclusive, meaning one doesnt have to be high, for the other too be low.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
Ya, I thought the theory was that a deeper sleep allows your body to produce the GH it needs.
Fixed.

I've never heard about it inhibiting Testosterone, I've usied it in a blend (Scivation Knockout) and I haven't noticed any regression in the gym or in the bedroom.

I know it does promote REM Sleep and to release Growth Hormone.

I've heard about people using it for Pre Workout to spike GH, but I haven't tried it myself.

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
Fixed.

I've never heard about it inhibiting Testosterone, I've usied it in a blend (Scivation Knockout) and I haven't noticed any regression in the gym or in the bedroom.

I know it does promote REM Sleep and to release Growth Hormone.

I've heard about people using it for Pre Workout to spike GH, but I haven't tried it myself.
GH? Good deal!

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Isnt normal dosage 3 to 6 mg?

50mg...........jeezzz louise.:)

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
Research shows that melatonin is effective at even less than 1 mg.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
so this study is based on doses given to rats that equal 50mg to people? that is 10x what a sane person would take, where is the relevance?

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
Someone else is talking about rats. I'm not.

luke1984

luke1984

Awards
  • Established
I take 1mg before bed so I don't think I have to worry about this.

BTW, experiments on humans have been done with 6 GRAMS of melatonin with no signs of toxicity.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
There also was a human study where melatonin taken orally pre-workout increased GH levels. ...
Muscletech is always talking about this study...adding Melatonin to everything they make..lol

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
Muscletech is always talking about this study...adding Melatonin to everything they make..lol
You mean Yohimbine.....

I know they put Melatonin in their new testosterone booster, I saw it the other day and laughed at the ingredients.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
You mean Yohimbine.....

I know they put Melatonin in their new testosterone booster, I saw it the other day and laughed at the ingredients.
they also put it in their Leukic and God knows what else.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The amount of testosterone secretion inhibition it would cause would be so minimal it would be much more worth taking melatonin for added sleep/energy that your testosterone levels would actually go up.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
The amount of testosterone secretion inhibition it would cause would be so minimal it would be much more worth taking melatonin for added sleep/energy that your testosterone levels would actually go up.
I agree....also the possible GH boost could outweigh any miniscule test supression as well.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Isnt normal dosage 3 to 6 mg?

50mg...........jeezzz louise.:)
0,5mg/kg in rats its not equivalent to 50 mg on humans but its still a overdose,
I think this can help:
Animal Dosage
the way I see it is that a 0.5mg/kg on a 80kg human its equivalent to 40mg of melatonin so ...
a guy that takes 4mg /day will be taking 0,05mg/kg, a lot less than the study dosage,if it still inhibits test , well that I don't know but its unlikely

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
0,5mg/kg in rats its not equivalent to 50 mg on humans but its still a overdose,
I think this can help:
Animal Dosage
the way I see it is that a 0.5mg/kg on a 80kg human its equivalent to 40mg of melatonin so ...
a guy that takes 4mg /day will be taking 0,05mg/kg, a lot less than the study dosage,if it still inhibits test , well that I don't know but its unlikely
that's the one I was looking for...