supps that affect prolactin

  1. New Member
    small_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    252
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.87%

    supps that affect prolactin


    I recently had blood work and my prolactin levels were high-Prolactin came back at 21.2 ug/L when the ref is 2.6 - 13.1 ug/L.

    I am going to get a retest but I want to make sure that nothing that I am taking is going to affect my normal numbers.

    Currently- tnt stack, prime, toco-8, alcar, LCLT

    Now I know that vit b6, and 1-carboxy both lower them if I recall correctly- so I will stay away from them. Anything else??? Vitex maybe?

    What about supps that raise prolactin?

  2. New Member
    Dyou's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    366
    Rep Power
    276
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    94.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by small_guy View Post
    I recently had blood work and my prolactin levels were high-Prolactin came back at 21.2 ug/L when the ref is 2.6 - 13.1 ug/L.

    I am going to get a retest but I want to make sure that nothing that I am taking is going to affect my normal numbers.

    Currently- tnt stack, prime, toco-8, alcar, LCLT

    Now I know that vit b6, and 1-carboxy both lower them if I recall correctly- so I will stay away from them. Anything else??? Vitex maybe?

    What about supps that raise prolactin?
    sooo b6 and 1-carboxy lower your prolactin so your going to stay away from them? miss type?
  3. Banned
    ari4216's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,093
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    yeah vitex aka chaste berry probally would be the most effective, the only one that i saw that had research regarding lowering prolactin.

    Possible that some test boosters could raise prolactin but it is unknown.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    small_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    252
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.87%

    Yes stay away as I want to see what my normal levels are without altering them. I need to see if there is a problem or not.
  5. New Member
    Foolish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    83
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    45.25%

    anything that raises dopamine will lower prolactin.

    Be careful with vitex, its called the Chaste Tree for a reason.
  6. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Arachadonic acid can cause higher prolactin, and in some cases Resveratrol can aswell. it depends how sensitiv you are to it, but you must remember high prolactin usually comes with high E2, so what were ur E2 levels, and do you have any signs of high prolactin other then whats on the blood work (leaky nips, taking too long to get another erection after orgasm)
  7. New Member
    noobster's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    137
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    3.55%

    If I remember correctly, GABA raises and inhibits prolactin at the same time through different mechanisms, resulting in a slight overall increase.
  8. New Member
    small_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    252
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.87%

    I do not have my E2 levels- I will mention to the doc that I want it.

    I forgot to mention that I take 2 caps of nutra green tea in the morning- 500 mgs of EGCG or 1000 mgs of Green tea(50 % extract) and Now curcumin.

    Besides those the only thing that I was on during my hormone panel was prime. I had finished PP test recovery stack a week before the test.

    I will be stoping the prime today.
  9. New Member
    small_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    252
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.87%

    The little guy is not working too badly, but is slightly off.
  10. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Edit: double post my bad
  11. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    fenugreek can increase prolactin as well...
  12. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    241543
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    35.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Our IGF-2 will decrease prolactin by increasing dopamine and L-Dopa levels
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  13. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,730
    Rep Power
    4928438
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    He wants to clean himself up to see what his normal endo system does. Just stop the sups for a while and get retested.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  14. New Member
    small_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    252
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.87%

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    He wants to clean himself up to see what his normal endo system does. Just stop the sups for a while and get retested.
    This is what I plan to do- any idea how long it takes for tnt to clear my system? I am 2.5 weeks into tnt and hence I am not certain if I should just finish a month run, and then take a test or just stop cold turkey right now. I have to see my doc again as right now the only thing he is retesting is the prolactin.

    Just to be clear not only was my prolactin levels high-21.2 ug/L when the ref is 2.6 - 13.1 ug/L.

    BUT,

    my gh was 0.2 ug/L when the ref is 0.1- 4.0 ug/L (this is posted in another thread if the gh forum), but I guess I should have included it here.

    Are low gh levels related to my high prolactin levels as the gh supps seem to work that way?

    I need to have an idea of what would be best to get tested if anyone has some thoughts.
  15. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    241543
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    35.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by small_guy View Post
    This is what I plan to do- any idea how long it takes for tnt to clear my system? I am 2.5 weeks into tnt and hence I am not certain if I should just finish a month run, and then take a test or just stop cold turkey right now. I have to see my doc again as right now the only thing he is retesting is the prolactin.

    Just to be clear not only was my prolactin levels high-21.2 ug/L when the ref is 2.6 - 13.1 ug/L.

    BUT,

    my gh was 0.2 ug/L when the ref is 0.1- 4.0 ug/L (this is posted in another thread if the gh forum), but I guess I should have included it here.

    Are low gh levels related to my high prolactin levels as the gh supps seem to work that way?

    I need to have an idea of what would be best to get tested if anyone has some thoughts.
    short answer- maybe- generally if your gh levels are low, your prolactin levels will be high, but your gh levels can be normal, and you can still have elevated PRL, b/c PRL has no negative feedback loop- it relies on inhibition from dopamine

    if you want to normalize your system more quickly- I would just go off everything, like the man said above....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Prolactin Sides with Low Prolactin Levels?!?
    By Jarred28 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 04:58 AM
  2. Can HCG affect PSA?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 03:28 PM
  3. How will this affect my bulk?
    By kayce in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 05:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in