supps that affect prolactin

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
I recently had blood work and my prolactin levels were high-Prolactin came back at 21.2 ug/L when the ref is 2.6 - 13.1 ug/L.

I am going to get a retest but I want to make sure that nothing that I am taking is going to affect my normal numbers.

Currently- tnt stack, prime, toco-8, alcar, LCLT

Now I know that vit b6, and 1-carboxy both lower them if I recall correctly- so I will stay away from them. Anything else??? Vitex maybe?

What about supps that raise prolactin?

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
I recently had blood work and my prolactin levels were high-Prolactin came back at 21.2 ug/L when the ref is 2.6 - 13.1 ug/L.

I am going to get a retest but I want to make sure that nothing that I am taking is going to affect my normal numbers.

Currently- tnt stack, prime, toco-8, alcar, LCLT

Now I know that vit b6, and 1-carboxy both lower them if I recall correctly- so I will stay away from them. Anything else??? Vitex maybe?

What about supps that raise prolactin?
sooo b6 and 1-carboxy lower your prolactin so your going to stay away from them? miss type?

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah vitex aka chaste berry probally would be the most effective, the only one that i saw that had research regarding lowering prolactin.

Possible that some test boosters could raise prolactin but it is unknown.

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
Yes stay away as I want to see what my normal levels are without altering them. I need to see if there is a problem or not.

Foolish

Awards
anything that raises dopamine will lower prolactin.

Be careful with vitex, its called the Chaste Tree for a reason.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Arachadonic acid can cause higher prolactin, and in some cases Resveratrol can aswell. it depends how sensitiv you are to it, but you must remember high prolactin usually comes with high E2, so what were ur E2 levels, and do you have any signs of high prolactin other then whats on the blood work (leaky nips, taking too long to get another erection after orgasm)

noobster

noobster

Awards
If I remember correctly, GABA raises and inhibits prolactin at the same time through different mechanisms, resulting in a slight overall increase.

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
I do not have my E2 levels- I will mention to the doc that I want it.

I forgot to mention that I take 2 caps of nutra green tea in the morning- 500 mgs of EGCG or 1000 mgs of Green tea(50 % extract) and Now curcumin.

Besides those the only thing that I was on during my hormone panel was prime. I had finished PP test recovery stack a week before the test.

I will be stoping the prime today.

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
The little guy is not working too badly, but is slightly off.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Our IGF-2 will decrease prolactin by increasing dopamine and L-Dopa levels

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He wants to clean himself up to see what his normal endo system does. Just stop the sups for a while and get retested.

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
He wants to clean himself up to see what his normal endo system does. Just stop the sups for a while and get retested.
This is what I plan to do- any idea how long it takes for tnt to clear my system? I am 2.5 weeks into tnt and hence I am not certain if I should just finish a month run, and then take a test or just stop cold turkey right now. I have to see my doc again as right now the only thing he is retesting is the prolactin.

Just to be clear not only was my prolactin levels high-21.2 ug/L when the ref is 2.6 - 13.1 ug/L.

BUT,

my gh was 0.2 ug/L when the ref is 0.1- 4.0 ug/L (this is posted in another thread if the gh forum), but I guess I should have included it here.

Are low gh levels related to my high prolactin levels as the gh supps seem to work that way?

I need to have an idea of what would be best to get tested if anyone has some thoughts.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is what I plan to do- any idea how long it takes for tnt to clear my system? I am 2.5 weeks into tnt and hence I am not certain if I should just finish a month run, and then take a test or just stop cold turkey right now. I have to see my doc again as right now the only thing he is retesting is the prolactin.

Just to be clear not only was my prolactin levels high-21.2 ug/L when the ref is 2.6 - 13.1 ug/L.

BUT,

my gh was 0.2 ug/L when the ref is 0.1- 4.0 ug/L (this is posted in another thread if the gh forum), but I guess I should have included it here.

Are low gh levels related to my high prolactin levels as the gh supps seem to work that way?

I need to have an idea of what would be best to get tested if anyone has some thoughts.
short answer- maybe- generally if your gh levels are low, your prolactin levels will be high, but your gh levels can be normal, and you can still have elevated PRL, b/c PRL has no negative feedback loop- it relies on inhibition from dopamine

if you want to normalize your system more quickly- I would just go off everything, like the man said above....