Dicyclopentanone

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I was doing some cleaning last night and came across my old EAS Supplement Review 3rd edition('98). Taking any excuse to stop cleaning I sat down and read it again(haven't looked at it since '98) just to see how much things have changed or stayed the same, plus I wanted to read Bill Phillips quote again on HMB, how it "feels like deca";)

Anyway in the Q&A in the back someone asks about DCP. Anyone know anything about this? I searched google and only came up with a couple of websites that sell it( it's a Zoe Labs supplement, supposedly from Russia, bells going off). Just wanted some info on it if anyone has any. Thanks.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Revive!
I found this study on Dicyclopentanone, looks interesting:

Anabolic activity of 1,5-bis(1-carbethoxy-2-oxocyclopentyl-1) pentane in a dose of 1 mg per 100 g of body weight manifests itself in an accelerated growth of the animals, increased weight of m. levator ani and also in a rise of the protein level in the blood and the skeletal muscle. Because of the absence of androgenic properties in the substance under consideration its anabolic coefficient is twice as high by comparison with methylandrostendiol. Following hypophysectomy there could be observed a certain decline in the anabolic activity of 1,5-bis(1-carbethoxy-2-oxocyclopentyl-1)pentane.

Farmakol Toksikol. 1975 Nov-Dec;38(6):713-5.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
No prob. That only took 5 years, lol.

I'm guessing you haven't come across any more information on this?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I wish more people would chime in here.. someone must know something.

dsade?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wish more people would chime in here.. someone must know something.

dsade?
I'm looking...gotta remember that when I initially read this book I was stuck in the Army, and just starting to supplement.

I only find the link to the original study, from 1975...no other hits.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I only find the link to the original study, from 1975...no other hits.
Same here, even with google, that's all I can get.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
isnt that in anabol 5?
Non-Steroidal Anabolic Multi-Phase Stack 155 mg **
Dicyclopentanone 10 mg **
6-Keto Diosgenin 100 mg **
Acetate Ester 25 mg **
Propionate Ester 25 mg **
Cypionate Ester 25 mg **
Decanoate Ester 25 mg **
Hecogenin Acetate 10 mg **
25R

Spirostan-5a-diol -6-one-3-one-undecanoate
25 mg **
Rhamponticum Carthamoides 10 mg **

looks like it has 10mg of it, good job on catching that.

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
yea thats a good dose..................if u only weighed a kilo:lol:

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Dicyclopentanone is/was actually nano-dessicated Mark Thierman scabs. Those from the feet were particularly anabolic!

M

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dicyclopentanone is/was actually nano-dessicated Mark Thierman scabs. Those from the feet were particularly anabolic!
Funny. I actually talked to him about it back in December of last year. Jogged his memory enough that he might start making it again. Real DCP had a tar like, rubbery smell and was used as a "hardening" agent. It had more of a recomp effect. Zoe Discoveries and Interpharm were legit brands.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
There is a good thread over on Deluca's board in tha Science Section... PA gives his thoughts and suggests that Anabol 5 might not contain DCP as claimed.