Shock Therapy issue

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.33%

Shock Therapy issue

Hello to all, i am new here and i have an issue about Universal Shock Therapy. Hope some Universal veterans could solve me this. The thing is i bought it with pleasure and looked forward getting it empty cause month before i finished Biotech Nitrox therapy with 4kg up and it really does its job in the gym. Nitrox and Shock are allmost same products so i decided to go with Shock next month( universal can only be better than biotech) but i continue to have some bad experience with it now. I can only explain the feeling like i am just going to get ill, sudden weakness, my legs are shivering, heart is pumping crazy and when i get to 5th rep i allmost faint out, i can actualy feel my head craving for air and my motivation is way down.
    I would really apreciate if someone could give me a hint on this.
    I train every 2nd day (monday, wednesday...) and using 6g CEE with shock pre and 6g CEE post workout with Prostar whey... training for last 3 years, i just cant figure out whats happening
    Thnx in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by dope; 11-04-2008 at 11:35 AM. Reason: suplements facts

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I'd have to ask what your caffeine/stim intake is like throughout the day... And, when your last meal was, prior to taking Shock Therapy... I have similar symptoms when I have a bit too much going with stims and caffeine, and if I haven't eaten enough prior to taking it...
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.33%

Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    I'd have to ask what your caffeine/stim intake is like throughout the day... And, when your last meal was, prior to taking Shock Therapy... I have similar symptoms when I have a bit too much going with stims and caffeine, and if I haven't eaten enough prior to taking it...
    You know i tought about it and i did increased caffein intake after nitrox. I hit the gym on 11 am, wake up at 7 am have 1st breakfast, hit the coffee, then at at 9 am 2nd breakfast high in carbs, but i dont think that one cup of coffee can do that 3 and a half hours before gym, but still that morniong coffee wasnt there while supplementing nitrox...
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.25%

i am pretty sensitive to stims as well.
    i drink one cup of coffee every morning at work.

i can tell you that ST hits me pretty hard (in a good way) and that my pre-wo meal makes a big difference.

try eating a good whole food pre-wo meal 1.5 hrs before training,
    then take ST 20mins before training.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.41%

I can't use shock therapy and feel the same way as your describing. I would recommend Animal Pump if sticking with Universal, but overall try No-Shotgun and never look back.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.25%

Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    I can't use shock therapy and feel the same way as your describing. I would recommend Animal Pump if sticking with Universal, but overall try No-Shotgun and never look back.
    good point.
    the energy with Pump is very smooth, while also being very sustained.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.68%

IMO i think your taking too much cee. also are you eating before you workout? staying hydrated? are you taking any medications that increase blood pressure? what other supps are you taking?
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.33%

Quote Originally Posted by ryaroberts View Post
    IMO i think your taking too much cee. also are you eating before you workout? staying hydrated? are you taking any medications that increase blood pressure? what other supps are you taking?
    Using Biotech CEE, its the only one that have a 5g serving, just a lil bit over top of scoop. Yes 2 meals before workout(11 am), last one 2/ 1.5 hours before w.o.
    Beside whey, shock and cee only multivitamin with breakfast and no thank god no medication, the only thing that raises my blood pressure is smoking, but for 3 years i havent felt it involving with my training, and yes 2 liters during wo and about 4 lits troughout day
  9. All Traps - No Tris
    Stats
    5'11"  246.4 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.5%

I can say that I don't feel the greatest with Shock Therapy either. I tried Storm and thought it was good, so I gave Shock Therapy a chance. Most I can handle is a half-dose.

You are for sure using too much CEE. Dont forget that you are already getting creatine in the Shock Therapy.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Yeah, ST is a bit too much for me too. 1 scoop is like 3 No-Xplode scoops. Kinda sick. I think it has a high dose of R-ALA, too, because that stuff makes me queasy sometimes.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.68%

when i used it in the past, i used a full scoop and was fine, but to help conserve it i used half a scoop. felt fine.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.25%

Quote Originally Posted by ryaroberts View Post
    when i used it in the past, i used a full scoop and was fine, but to help conserve it i used half a scoop. felt fine.
    wow, a tub of ST would last forever using 1/2 scoop per serving!
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.68%

Quote Originally Posted by joeyamma View Post
    wow, a tub of ST would last forever using 1/2 scoop per serving!
    yes indeed it would. im very sensitive to caffeine so just half a scoop still did wonders for me.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.87%

Strong NO products do that to me. ST is one of them. I find I'm good with it if I use a slightly smaller serving or just dose it closer to my last meal. Never more than 1 serving at a time. I doubt it is the stims alone. Most likely a combination of the stims and the NO pres in it.

Some people are more sensitive than others. You may want to simply try reducing the dosage and see how you do.

Hg
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.59%

I use two scoops first thing in the morning. I have no problems. It is great when you want to throw the weight around in the morning.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Big BAMA View Post
    I use two scoops first thing in the morning. I have no problems. It is great when you want to throw the weight around in the morning.
    There you have it. I know few other guys like that too Bama but I'm not one of them.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.92%

I would take it for a couple of days without all that extra CEE. That could have something to do with it, also up your water intake preworkout and pre ST it might help in the situation as well. Other than that ST may not be the right supp., if you are looking for something else by Universal Storm is pretty good along with Animal Pump.

I personally like 1.5 scoops Shock Therapy with 1.5 scoops Intra-Aid.....tastes like candy
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Big Wides View Post
    I would take it for a couple of days without all that extra CEE. That could have something to do with it, also up your water intake preworkout and pre ST it might help in the situation as well. Other than that ST may not be the right supp., if you are looking for something else by Universal Storm is pretty good along with Animal Pump.

I personally like 1.5 scoops Shock Therapy with 1.5 scoops Intra-Aid.....tastes like candy

You were one of the guys I was thinking about when I said I knew a few who use more than a scoop. Good advice Wides.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Shock Therapy
    By RonShipman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 06:56 PM
  2. Universal Shock Therapy
    By MentalTwitch in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 09:16 AM
  3. Shock therapy
    By bbgolfer in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2