Shock Therapy issue

dope

dope

Awards
Hello to all, i am new here and i have an issue about Universal Shock Therapy. Hope some Universal veterans could solve me this. The thing is i bought it with pleasure and looked forward getting it empty cause month before i finished Biotech Nitrox therapy with 4kg up and it really does its job in the gym. Nitrox and Shock are allmost same products so i decided to go with Shock next month( universal can only be better than biotech) but i continue to have some bad experience with it now. I can only explain the feeling like i am just going to get ill, sudden weakness, my legs are shivering, heart is pumping crazy and when i get to 5th rep i allmost faint out, i can actualy feel my head craving for air and my motivation is way down.
I would really apreciate if someone could give me a hint on this.
I train every 2nd day (monday, wednesday...) and using 6g CEE with shock pre and 6g CEE post workout with Prostar whey... training for last 3 years, i just cant figure out whats happening
Thnx in advance:food:

Attachments

Last edited:
MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
I'd have to ask what your caffeine/stim intake is like throughout the day... And, when your last meal was, prior to taking Shock Therapy... I have similar symptoms when I have a bit too much going with stims and caffeine, and if I haven't eaten enough prior to taking it...:think:

dope

dope

Awards
I'd have to ask what your caffeine/stim intake is like throughout the day... And, when your last meal was, prior to taking Shock Therapy... I have similar symptoms when I have a bit too much going with stims and caffeine, and if I haven't eaten enough prior to taking it...:think:
You know i tought about it and i did increased caffein intake after nitrox. I hit the gym on 11 am, wake up at 7 am have 1st breakfast, hit the coffee, then at at 9 am 2nd breakfast high in carbs, but i dont think that one cup of coffee can do that 3 and a half hours before gym, but still that morniong coffee wasnt there while supplementing nitrox...:think:

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
i am pretty sensitive to stims as well.
i drink one cup of coffee every morning at work.

i can tell you that ST hits me pretty hard (in a good way) and that my pre-wo meal makes a big difference.

try eating a good whole food pre-wo meal 1.5 hrs before training,
then take ST 20mins before training.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I can't use shock therapy and feel the same way as your describing. I would recommend Animal Pump if sticking with Universal, but overall try No-Shotgun and never look back.

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
I can't use shock therapy and feel the same way as your describing. I would recommend Animal Pump if sticking with Universal, but overall try No-Shotgun and never look back.
good point.
the energy with Pump is very smooth, while also being very sustained.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
IMO i think your taking too much cee. also are you eating before you workout? staying hydrated? are you taking any medications that increase blood pressure? what other supps are you taking?

dope

dope

Awards
IMO i think your taking too much cee. also are you eating before you workout? staying hydrated? are you taking any medications that increase blood pressure? what other supps are you taking?
Using Biotech CEE, its the only one that have a 5g serving, just a lil bit over top of scoop. Yes 2 meals before workout(11 am), last one 2/ 1.5 hours before w.o.
Beside whey, shock and cee only multivitamin with breakfast and no thank god no medication, the only thing that raises my blood pressure is smoking, but for 3 years i havent felt it involving with my training, and yes 2 liters during wo and about 4 lits troughout day

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
I can say that I don't feel the greatest with Shock Therapy either. I tried Storm and thought it was good, so I gave Shock Therapy a chance. Most I can handle is a half-dose.

You are for sure using too much CEE. Dont forget that you are already getting creatine in the Shock Therapy.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, ST is a bit too much for me too. 1 scoop is like 3 No-Xplode scoops. Kinda sick. I think it has a high dose of R-ALA, too, because that stuff makes me queasy sometimes.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
when i used it in the past, i used a full scoop and was fine, but to help conserve it i used half a scoop. felt fine.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Strong NO products do that to me. ST is one of them. I find I'm good with it if I use a slightly smaller serving or just dose it closer to my last meal. Never more than 1 serving at a time. I doubt it is the stims alone. Most likely a combination of the stims and the NO pres in it.

Some people are more sensitive than others. You may want to simply try reducing the dosage and see how you do.

Hg

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I use two scoops first thing in the morning. I have no problems. It is great when you want to throw the weight around in the morning.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I use two scoops first thing in the morning. I have no problems. It is great when you want to throw the weight around in the morning.
There you have it. I know few other guys like that too Bama but I'm not one of them.

Big Wides

Big Wides

Awards
I would take it for a couple of days without all that extra CEE. That could have something to do with it, also up your water intake preworkout and pre ST it might help in the situation as well. Other than that ST may not be the right supp., if you are looking for something else by Universal Storm is pretty good along with Animal Pump.

I personally like 1.5 scoops Shock Therapy with 1.5 scoops Intra-Aid.....tastes like candy

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I would take it for a couple of days without all that extra CEE. That could have something to do with it, also up your water intake preworkout and pre ST it might help in the situation as well. Other than that ST may not be the right supp., if you are looking for something else by Universal Storm is pretty good along with Animal Pump.

I personally like 1.5 scoops Shock Therapy with 1.5 scoops Intra-Aid.....tastes like candy

You were one of the guys I was thinking about when I said I knew a few who use more than a scoop. Good advice Wides.