Maca Mania!

javyn

Awards
Hey all, I've been taking a 4:1 maca extract I bought from another site before signing up here (for a bit more than what you guys charge for 150 grams of the same extract, doh!).

I was just wondering what you guys who have tried many sources of maca's preference is as to source?

Do you take the 4:1 extract, or find it more cost effective to take the raw powder from Root of the Matter?

I love the 4:1, but 1 gram a day isn't nearly enough for me, I have to take 5, so I'm wondering if this 4:1 is really no better than raw maca powder, since most people take 5 grams of that and feel its effects.

Also, after searching, I saw a few mods (reps for Nutraplanet maybe?) mentioning getting a 15:1 maca extract a few years ago. What ever happened to this? Did the 15:1 extract prove to be too costly? Not enough demand?

I'm very curious. Thanks!

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Hey all, I've been taking a 4:1 maca extract I bought from another site before signing up here (for a bit more than what you guys charge for 150 grams of the same extract, doh!).

I was just wondering what you guys who have tried many sources of maca's preference is as to source?

Do you take the 4:1 extract, or find it more cost effective to take the raw powder from Root of the Matter?

I love the 4:1, but 1 gram a day isn't nearly enough for me, I have to take 5, so I'm wondering if this 4:1 is really no better than raw maca powder, since most people take 5 grams of that and feel its effects.

Also, after searching, I saw a few mods (reps for Nutraplanet maybe?) mentioning getting a 15:1 maca extract a few years ago. What ever happened to this? Did the 15:1 extract prove to be too costly? Not enough demand?

I'm very curious. Thanks!
I had some great 6 weeks on NOW's MACA. Dosing it at 6-8 caps/day @ 500mg/cap. Spread out in 3-4 different dosages. Increased frequency of wood, increased arousal, enhanced hardness . . . . .

I've got another 250 count bottle of MACA (NOW) and three 100 count bottles of NOW's FENUGREEK, and I can not wait to utilize them alongside one another. I'll be dosing @ 5 caps/day of Maca, and 6 caps/day Fenugreek.

.. 15:1 extract in the past ? Arrrghhh, why bring up such a sore subject if it's not available any longer ?

NOW's the way to go ! [I considered buying NP's MACA and Fenugreek, but I've already got too many raw powders to deal with more frequent dosing of foul tasting powders .. the NOW Maca caps smell goooohooood, though. Well, there's just something unique about the scent. TRY IT!]

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
taking the easy route out . . waiting for everyone else to share information, huh!? lol . . :duel:

javyn

Awards
Thanks for the responses. Well it looks like the 15:1 never came out, it was just mentioned by a rep back in 05 or 06.

I'm taking the 1fast400 4:1 extract now, but if I decide to stick with the extract I'm definitely ordering from Nutraplanet.

Of course, if raw maca is just as good or better than a 4:1 extract, which I have a sneaking suspicion it is, I'll go with Root of the Matter.

I read a bit about stacking it with Fenugreek. I don't know. Honestly this stuff works so good for me, I don't think I need to stack with anything!

Once my dragon's hoard of supplements runs out, I plan on only re-ordering whey, maca, and chlorella vulgaris. I feel kinda stupid too for it. I have a whole bottle of Animal Pump right here that I haven't touched in months because well, maca gives me way more pre-workout energy and better pumps than taking 8 pills in the Animal Pump!

I toyed with the idea of stacking avena sativa with maca, I hear great things about that one, but again, I don't think it's necessary. Besides, I can just eat oats rather than supplement another foul tasting bulk powder extract to get my sativa.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the responses. Well it looks like the 15:1 never came out, it was just mentioned by a rep back in 05 or 06.

I'm taking the 1fast400 4:1 extract now, but if I decide to stick with the extract I'm definitely ordering from Nutraplanet.

Of course, if raw maca is just as good or better than a 4:1 extract, which I have a sneaking suspicion it is, I'll go with Root of the Matter.

I read a bit about stacking it with Fenugreek. I don't know. Honestly this stuff works so good for me, I don't think I need to stack with anything!

Once my dragon's hoard of supplements runs out, I plan on only re-ordering whey, maca, and chlorella vulgaris. I feel kinda stupid too for it. I have a whole bottle of Animal Pump right here that I haven't touched in months because well, maca gives me way more pre-workout energy and better pumps than taking 8 pills in the Animal Pump!

I toyed with the idea of stacking avena sativa with maca, I hear great things about that one, but again, I don't think it's necessary. Besides, I can just eat oats rather than supplement another foul tasting bulk powder extract to get my sativa.
Add some avena sativa to the Maca plus a potent tribulus, and you're up for one helluva libido stack .. Or swap the trib for some divaniil .. whichever you prefer ! Either way, I'm gonna have some fun trying out various libido boosting combos . . . what I like about these kinds of products is, you'll know whether or not they work within a short period of time !

javyn

Awards
Eh. Been stacking with some NOW 1gram Trib....does absolutely nothing. I only still take it b/c I bought it and might as well.

javyn

Awards
So no thoughts/opinions on maca 4:1 extract versus raw maca powder?

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Eh. Been stacking with some NOW 1gram Trib....does absolutely nothing. I only still take it b/c I bought it and might as well.
Oh, you've gotta bump up the Trib . . 5+ grams a day. I'd never expect to get anything from Tribulus @ 1 g/day.

You may also consider the fact that Tribulus works primarily for older adults. That's the group that seems to benefit the greatest from them. If you don't feel anything from Tribulus by itself, consider a test booster like ISA-test or Hypertest.

javyn

Awards
Ahh well, I'm only 30 and have no libido or testosterone problems. I was wanting something to give me a little 'umph' for my workouts, and maca fits the bill perfectly! I'll keep tribulus in mind for when I become an old geezer heheh :)

Zinc, lecithin, spirulina or chlorella, and maca is PLENTY enough for my libido!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tribs effects are dubious, BUT...to get anything from trib, you need to buy the good stuff. Bulk trib, NOW trib, MetRX/Dymatize/etc trib, all suck.

SAN trib is good, and I'd try Diesel's trib. SAN Endotest Pro actually is a decent product.

javyn

Awards
I dunno, like I said before, I'm not taking these supps for a test boosting effect or for libido (not that the libido effects of maca aren't welcome or appreciated), but the reason I love maca is because it really gets me energized before a workout, and it's phenomenal for helping me cope with anxiety.

If I do end up needing a test booster eventually, I'd rather just get some bulk avena sativa powder. It's cheaper, and frees up the testosterone you already have.

I'd still like for someone who has taken both the raw maca powder and the maca 4:1 extract to give opinions on which one is better.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow, maca did nothing for me. Glad you like it, though. Honestly, I'd do it like the S.Americans: eat lots of the whole root. To them, it's food, it's just a potato. So buy whole powdered root, and eat it by the fistfull.

Nettle eats avena sativa for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Studies prove it: it's superior to oats for freeing test.