Prime 5/2 - Really better or just to save $$

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Everyone always says 5/2 for GH but for most dosages that was made up as a money saving routine... Is Prime the same in that regards? I know USP's reason was because testers trained so hard they had to rest (sorry for sounding cynical) but I wonder if part of the reason was that in order to dose and price the product reasonably they had to come up with a way to spread a bottle out to a month. Meaning, rather than lower the dosing to be less effective or raise the price to add more pills and simply struck a balance coming jup with this dosing protocol...

So if someone had just one bottle would 5/2 really be ok?

satyricon

Awards
i just started on prime tonight so i dont know, but it is usually good practice to take a day or two off of supps anyway. our bodies adapt fast.im gonna try both dosing protocols as i got a good deal on a few bottles.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I disagree on it being good to take a day or two off in general. I think its best to use in phases consistently on or off.

I am a huge skeptic on ALL formula and generall only take bulks or NOW brand single ingredients so I will give Prime one bottle to convince me to get a second and want to make sure I give it a fair shot.

Motox

Awards
  • Established
Ive been taking the full prime dose preworkout on workout days only and I have been consistantly getting stronger every week. I played around with my dosing and I like this way the best. 5/2 I think is the best plan this stuff is far too expensive to run consistantly in my opinion but It works very well for me.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Everyone always says 5/2 for GH but for most dosages that was made up as a money saving routine... Is Prime the same in that regards? I know USP's reason was because testers trained so hard they had to rest (sorry for sounding cynical) but I wonder if part of the reason was that in order to dose and price the product reasonably they had to come up with a way to spread a bottle out to a month. Meaning, rather than lower the dosing to be less effective or raise the price to add more pills and simply struck a balance coming jup with this dosing protocol...

So if someone had just one bottle would 5/2 really be ok?

Hey justreading - with one bottle I would stick to the recommended protocol.

If you react positively to the product, chances are you will feel one bottle isn't enough.

Perhaps have a contigency halfway through to order a 2nd bottle to do a proper run?

Hope you enjoy it mate!

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One thing I don't like about USP products is that they all are conveniently suggested for 2+ bottles and many people use them in less than a month because label dosing is very conservative...

Obviously I thought enough to give it a try but I didn't spend my moeny my chick bought it HA... So before I spend my money I want to give this bottle a fair try but to be honest this notion that a month supply as directed by the label is not a full run is annoying on a supplement that costs as much as prime does.

All that being said I do want to give it a fair chance to earn my purchase of a second bottle and am gathering info on running it the most effective way to do so.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One thing I don't like about USP products is that they all are conveniently suggested for 2+ bottles and many people use them in less than a month because label dosing is very conservative...

Obviously I thought enough to give it a try but I didn't spend my moeny my chick bought it HA... So before I spend my money I want to give this bottle a fair try but to be honest this notion that a month supply as directed by the label is not a full run is annoying on a supplement that costs as much as prime does.

All that being said I do want to give it a fair chance to earn my purchase of a second bottle and am gathering info on running it the most effective way to do so.
well, convenience or not there's a substantial cost involved in securing and harvesting the extract that no-one else can touch until 2011...

I look at it this way: I can spend $200 on a night on the town. That's 3 freighted bottles of Prime all the way to Australia that will last me 2.5 months on a high-dose regime!

Good luck with your run mate!

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well... I am a sceptoc who is running Prime, a bottle+ of the old PowerFull and may use recreate as a pre-wo aid.

I am giving the line a fair shot because I got pfull and prime at the right price (free to me) and because I did feel the heat from recreate.

Since you seem to be posting here I'll ask this too. I have like 1.25 bottles Of pfull (old version). Would it be best to just take the full dose before bed if I only have enough for 4-5 pills a day anyway? I am running PCT so thought the Test boost might be better this way.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well... I am a sceptoc who is running Prime, a bottle+ of the old PowerFull and may use recreate as a pre-wo aid.

I am giving the line a fair shot because I got pfull and prime at the right price (free to me) and because I did feel the heat from recreate.

Since you seem to be posting here I'll ask this too. I have like 1.25 bottles Of pfull (old version). Would it be best to just take the full dose before bed if I only have enough for 4-5 pills a day anyway? I am running PCT so thought the Test boost might be better this way.
Some users will be drowsy from mega-dosing. ALSO, to my knowledge PF is no more effective at higher doses.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well I would be using it as a sleep aid and 4-5 is under a normal daily dosage.

I am more concerned with the prime dosing but am open to suggestions on pfull.

workout8485

Awards
i bought some Prime in the inner circle sale and ive tried dosing both the 7 days a week and the 5/2 protocol and the 7 days a week i found more effective so i think the 5/2 protocol was so that usp could say it was a months supply. However, using it all the time is just not cost effective unless ur a rich B**stard. It is a great product though and thats whats frustrating about the dosing and price.

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
You will notice that this is not just with USPlabs products but with most products that have to be used to slowlwey build within the system. Most products will tell you that 8-12 weeks is best run length to get the full benefit from the products. Test Boosters, Fat Burners etc all say to use over a 12 week period for best results. :)

Run the PRIME you have as per bottle instructions so you can evaluate this for yourself from the recommended dosage.

Let us know how the bottle goes for you and if you have any questions along the way please ask so we can help you get the best from it. :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok don't know what thread it was but Jacob did mentiion that the 5 and 2 dosing was more for the general puplic as experienced users will not be as likely to burn out on it. I would go 7 days a week, and judge it thusly. First week Euphoria, second continued euphoria some small strength gain, 3rd significant strength gain. If you seem to be reacting favorably then order more if not then you didn't lose anything.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
well, convenience or not there's a substantial cost involved in securing and harvesting the extract that no-one else can touch until 2011...

I look at it this way: I can spend $200 on a night on the town. That's 3 freighted bottles of Prime all the way to Australia that will last me 2.5 months on a high-dose regime!

Good luck with your run mate!

Eeeeep!!!! $200 for 3 bottles of PRIME?! That would make me want to give up supplements all together! However, that does speak well for USPlabs that even with the high overseas cost customers still want it because it works.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Eeeeep!!!! $200 for 3 bottles of PRIME?! That would make me want to give up supplements all together! However, that does speak well for USPlabs that even with the high overseas cost customers still want it because it works.
That's AU$200, which equals US$138 - was a rough calc.

When the US and Aus dollar was nearly a par, I was stocking up on supps - now that things have changed it's still cheaper to buy from the US - just...

PowerFull/AP/ReCreate go for about $100 a bottle here plus postage. Now that's a frikkin rort!