Lipolyze and Somalyze by Species Nutrition

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
How is Lipolyze and Somalyze by Species Nutrition? Never heard of it until recently, but curious from other who have used it if it is really effective.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dont waste your money, the doses in there for the usnic acid arent worth it.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
what??? i think you should check again...if you dont think its dosed correctly i think your taking too much.

Wolfenstein

Wolfenstein

Awards
  • Established
Ditto , the only good thing about them was or the lypo was the pro L carnitine. I ran both and diet plays a big part of the results, so I would much rather run usp Recreate....

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I still don't understand why people are using usnic acid.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what??? i think you should check again...if you dont think its dosed correctly i think your taking too much.
Definately not dosed worth a damn. Maybe for the prop l carnitine sure, but for the usnic? Nahh

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also did check, i checked the bottle every day i used it. Not worth it IMO.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Usnic acid-induced necrosis of cultured mouse hepatocytes: inhibition of mitochondrial function and oxidative stress.Han D, Matsumaru K, Rettori D, Kaplowitz N. Usnic acid-induced necrosis of cultured mouse hepatocytes: inhibition of mitochondrial function and oxidative stress. Biochem Pharmacol. 2004 Feb 1;67(3):439-51.

www.pubmed.com

USC-UCLA Research Center for Alcoholic and Pancreatic Disease and University of Southern California Research Center for Liver Diseases, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 2011 Zonal Avenue, HMR 101, Los Angeles, CA 90089-9121, USA.

Usnic acid, a lichen acid, is a compound found in crude medicines and dietary supplements, including Lipokinetix ( ), a supplement marketed as a weight loss agent that caused hepatotoxicity and acute liver failure in patients. In this study, we examined the toxicity of usnic acid and assessed whether usnic acid may be contributing to hepatotoxicity caused by Lipokinetix. In primary cultured murine hepatocytes, usnic acid treatment (5 microM) resulted in 98% necrosis within 16 hr (no apoptosis was detected). Usnic acid treatment was associated with early inhibition and uncoupling of the electron transport chain in mitochondria of cultured hepatocytes. This inhibition of mitochondria by usnic acid corresponded with a fall in ATP levels in hepatocytes. In isolated liver mitochondria, usnic acid was observed to directly inhibit and uncouple oxidative phosphorylation. Oxidative stress appears to be central in usnic acid-induced hepatotoxicity based on the following findings: (1) pretreatment with antioxidants (butylated hydroxytoluene+Vitamin E) decreased usnic acid-induced necrosis by nearly 70%; (2) depletion of mitochondrial GSH with diethylmaleate increased susceptibility of hepatocytes to usnic acid; (3) usnic acid treatment was associated with increase free radical generation, measured using the fluorescent probe, dichlorodihydrofluorescin. The source of reactive oxygen species after usnic acid treatment include autoxidation of usnic acid and increased hydrogen peroxide generation by mitochondria caused by usnic acid inhibition of the respiratory chain, with the latter playing a more prominent role. Taken together, our results suggest that usnic acid is a strong hepatotoxic agent that triggers oxidative stress and disrupts the normal metabolic processes of cells. Usnic acid therefore may contribute to the hepatotoxic effects of Lipokinetix and its use in any supplement must come into question.

Severe hepatotoxicity associated with use of a dietary supplement containing usnic acid.Sanchez W, Maple JT, Burgart LJ, Kamath PS.Mayo Clin Proc. 2006 Apr;81(4):541-4.

"Dietary supplements containing usnic acid are marketed for weight loss and have been associated with hepatotoxicity. The specific ingredient responsible for the hepatotoxicity is currently unknown. We describe 2 patients who developed severe hepatotoxicity within 3 months of taking a dietary supplement containing usnic acid. One patient developed fulminant hepatic failure requiring emergency liver transplantation; the other developed submassive hepatic necrosis but did not require transplantation. Thorough investigation, including histopathological examination of the liver, revealed no other cause of acute liver injury. Usnic acid hepatotoxicity should be considered as a possible etiologic factor in patients presenting with fulminant hepatic failure, especially if they have been taking dietary supplements for weight reduction."

Arneborn P, Jansson A, Bottiger Y. [Acute hepatitis in a woman after intake of slimming pills bought via Internet] Lakartidningen. 2005 Jul 11-24;102(28-29):2071-2.

Hsu LM, Huang YS, Chang FY, Lee SD. Fatburner' herb, usnic acid, induced acute hepatitis in a family. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2005 Jul;20(7):1138-9.

I can go on all day about how toxic it is for the liver and show you more cases of it from the past from other products.

It is not worth it to use this product to shed a few extra pounds, there are safer and effective products out there that can help you do the same.
Usnic acid is something EVERYONE should avoid PERIOD!!!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Usnic acid-induced necrosis of cultured mouse hepatocytes: inhibition of mitochondrial function and oxidative stress.Han D, Matsumaru K, Rettori D, Kaplowitz N. Usnic acid-induced necrosis of cultured mouse hepatocytes: inhibition of mitochondrial function and oxidative stress. Biochem Pharmacol. 2004 Feb 1;67(3):439-51.

www.pubmed.com

USC-UCLA Research Center for Alcoholic and Pancreatic Disease and University of Southern California Research Center for Liver Diseases, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 2011 Zonal Avenue, HMR 101, Los Angeles, CA 90089-9121, USA.

Usnic acid, a lichen acid, is a compound found in crude medicines and dietary supplements, including Lipokinetix ( ), a supplement marketed as a weight loss agent that caused hepatotoxicity and acute liver failure in patients. In this study, we examined the toxicity of usnic acid and assessed whether usnic acid may be contributing to hepatotoxicity caused by Lipokinetix. In primary cultured murine hepatocytes, usnic acid treatment (5 microM) resulted in 98% necrosis within 16 hr (no apoptosis was detected). Usnic acid treatment was associated with early inhibition and uncoupling of the electron transport chain in mitochondria of cultured hepatocytes. This inhibition of mitochondria by usnic acid corresponded with a fall in ATP levels in hepatocytes. In isolated liver mitochondria, usnic acid was observed to directly inhibit and uncouple oxidative phosphorylation. Oxidative stress appears to be central in usnic acid-induced hepatotoxicity based on the following findings: (1) pretreatment with antioxidants (butylated hydroxytoluene+Vitamin E) decreased usnic acid-induced necrosis by nearly 70%; (2) depletion of mitochondrial GSH with diethylmaleate increased susceptibility of hepatocytes to usnic acid; (3) usnic acid treatment was associated with increase free radical generation, measured using the fluorescent probe, dichlorodihydrofluorescin. The source of reactive oxygen species after usnic acid treatment include autoxidation of usnic acid and increased hydrogen peroxide generation by mitochondria caused by usnic acid inhibition of the respiratory chain, with the latter playing a more prominent role. Taken together, our results suggest that usnic acid is a strong hepatotoxic agent that triggers oxidative stress and disrupts the normal metabolic processes of cells. Usnic acid therefore may contribute to the hepatotoxic effects of Lipokinetix and its use in any supplement must come into question.

Severe hepatotoxicity associated with use of a dietary supplement containing usnic acid.Sanchez W, Maple JT, Burgart LJ, Kamath PS.Mayo Clin Proc. 2006 Apr;81(4):541-4.

"Dietary supplements containing usnic acid are marketed for weight loss and have been associated with hepatotoxicity. The specific ingredient responsible for the hepatotoxicity is currently unknown. We describe 2 patients who developed severe hepatotoxicity within 3 months of taking a dietary supplement containing usnic acid. One patient developed fulminant hepatic failure requiring emergency liver transplantation; the other developed submassive hepatic necrosis but did not require transplantation. Thorough investigation, including histopathological examination of the liver, revealed no other cause of acute liver injury. Usnic acid hepatotoxicity should be considered as a possible etiologic factor in patients presenting with fulminant hepatic failure, especially if they have been taking dietary supplements for weight reduction."

Arneborn P, Jansson A, Bottiger Y. [Acute hepatitis in a woman after intake of slimming pills bought via Internet] Lakartidningen. 2005 Jul 11-24;102(28-29):2071-2.

Hsu LM, Huang YS, Chang FY, Lee SD. Fatburner' herb, usnic acid, induced acute hepatitis in a family. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2005 Jul;20(7):1138-9.

I can go on all day about how toxic it is for the liver and show you more cases of it from the past from other products.

It is not worth it to use this product to shed a few extra pounds, there are safer and effective products out there that can help you do the same.
Usnic acid is something EVERYONE should avoid PERIOD!!!

Nice post bro. I hope you dont think i was trying to be an ass, i was honestly curious what you had to contribute.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Nice post bro. I hope you dont think i was trying to be an ass, i was honestly curious what you had to contribute.
Haha. Not at all man! Glad I could contribute.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 0
Gtarzan81 Supplements 19