boosting natural testosterone

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Are there any supplements that actually increase natural test production in someone that's not coming off a cycle? Tribulus is the only one I've heard of and many say it's just a libido booster. Also, ZMA I guess, if you're zinc defficient.

Are there any others that actually work?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
6-OXO, Formestane, Zinc, Flax Oil, etc.....

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
What kind of effects and side effects would someone see if using 6-OXO or Formestane by itself?

Would it raise natural testosterone enough to make a difference in muscle gains?

Could there be any side effects post-cycle, like an estrogen rebound?

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No, sorry man. A couple of guys over at bb.com saw very little to no results while supplementing 600 mgs a day of just 6-oxo. It may help boost your natural production some, but it is meant for PCT. Good question tho...I used to wonder the same thing myself.

Wreck

Awards
You may want to try the Men's Health web site. While not great for typical body building info, they seem to have done a lot of research with testosterone. They even have some sort of "Testosterone Plan," FWIW.

Of course, it is Men's Health, so YMMV.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
You may want to try the Men's Health web site. While not great for typical body building info, they seem to have done a lot of research with testosterone. They even have some sort of "Testosterone Plan," FWIW.
Can you post a link? All I can find is the "Testosterone Advantage Plan," which is just some book they're trying to sell...

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
increasing the good fats in your diet will help.

drop some carb calories for a while & replace the with things like lean steak, peanuts & peanut butter, flaxseed oil & fresh salmon.

see if you notice any differance.

zinc and a high potency trib supp are working well for me at the moment. that and a multi are all i use.

Jag

Wreck

Awards

Can you post a link? All I can find is the "Testosterone Advantage Plan," which is just some book they're trying to sell...
Yeah, I hadn't ever actually looked at the site to see what was there, but I do subscribe to the mag and there's lots of side bars, short articles and such about test levels. All the book probably is, is all the little articles repackaged into a book :D

A quick search and I did find this:
http://forums.menshealth.com/thread.jsp?forum=5&thread=16385&message=104488&redirect=true&hilite=true&q=testosterone

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
Saw something the other day about cordyceps sinensis stimulating test production.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
There are studies on 6-oxo alone that show it raises test levels, but I'm sure those were all done by ergopharm. Its too expensive to use just for that purpose. I'm sure tribulus or Tribestan would work at least as well.
I've heard aveena sativa is also good at raising test. Tribex by Biotest is a tribulus/aveena sativa combo. That would probably be the best herbal route.

bigpump

Awards
i currently have extremely low testosterone levels. the last being total test at 90. most of them have been at the 55- 65 level. needless to say i am practically ball-less. i tried a bottle of 6 oxo but i don't know how much this helped, noticed a lot more pimples though. what else might be helpful to restore them? maybe some nolva?

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I'll bring this one back from the dead just incase someone found something that works...

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
Check out Powerfull from USP labs, it raises test some.
ATD/Rebound XT will help with total test levels also.
There are other options to increase free test also.
Stinging nettle extracts (activate), avena sativa, Long Jack (tongat ali?)

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I think the currently most populair products are:

-Get Diesel - Diesel Test 2010
-Designer Supplements - NHA Stack (Activate + RR)
-Bioscience Technologies - Alpha Drive XL (some stack it with ALRI Restore)
-USP Labs - Powerfull

The first 2 in the list gave ME personally the best results but you just gotta try wich works best for you, results seem to vary from person to person.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
e-form-dollar for dollar the best supplement out there. $15.00. it is the only product i ever buy from somewhere other than nutra planet.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
e-form=transdermal formestane. alot more effective than oral formestane products and a hell of alot cheaper. 15 minutes after applying you can feel it working. at $15.00 its rare to get something that works this good. only wish nutra planet carried it, hint hint.