megadose 5htp

  1. Registered User
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,062
    Answers
    0

    megadose 5htp


    What would happen? lol

  2. Registered User
    alwaysgaining's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Answers
    0


    try it!!
  3. Registered User
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,062
    Answers
    0


    someone try it!
    •   
       

  4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    someone try it!
    100-200 mg acute dosage- good for sleep, slight mood elevation, pretty good appetite suppressant
    200-300 mg acute dosage- mood elevation (temporary), kills appetite
    600 mg and up acute dosage- headaches, can make you pretty sick to your stomach- but you can't take it with food, or it will not work as well- you can try it, but you might feel a little ill......

    100-200 mg chronically every 3 days is the best for mood elevation

    taking 5-HTP every day will put you in la-la land- make you real spacey.....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  5. Registered User
    Chub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,298
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post

    taking 5-HTP every day will put you in la-la land- make you real spacey.....
    sounds like a treat!

    Maybe the customers i get everyday have 5-HTP as a staple..or maybe its just the heroin
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  6. Registered User
    nparisi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    670
    Answers
    0


    Agreed. Been taking 300mg every day and started feelin spaced out. Plus I was waking up with wicked stomach aches...Going to take 100mg twice a day instead of 300mg all at once at night now...
  7. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    2


    As a precursor to serotonin, you want to keep levels VERY slightly elevated to induce relaxation and a minor sense of well-being. More than that might sap your motivation and take away any "edge" you might have, dulling the senses and washing your perception into a slight haze.

    Personally, I am not a fan of jacked up serotonin levels at all.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    As a precursor to serotonin, you want to keep levels VERY slightly elevated to induce relaxation and a minor sense of well-being. More than that might sap your motivation and take away any "edge" you might have, dulling the senses and washing your perception into a slight haze.

    Personally, I am not a fan of jacked up serotonin levels at all.
    me neither
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  9. Banned
    ari4216's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,093
    Answers
    0


    Dopamine!norepinephrine!
  10. Registered User
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,516
    Answers
    0


    its dumb and dangerous and neuro relapse could be severe. Pending current brain status.
    Not something to f' with.
  11. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,539
    Answers
    0


    Just eat 3 turkeys. You'll see lol.
  12. Registered User
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,481
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Personally, I am not a fan of jacked up serotonin levels at all.

    I'd have to agree. I'm personally a fan of enhancing it's uptake to a high degree.
  13. Registered User
    ACSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    101
    Answers
    0


    I personally prefer 500mg L-Tryptophan with my morning cup of coffee if I am not feeling very chipper in the A.M. Tryptophan is another alternative you could look into. 1g -1.5g with a minute amount of Melatonin ( I nibble a small amount of a 3mcg tab and hold it under the tongue) before bed has done wonders for my sleep quality/duration. Just wanted to toss that out there.
  14. Registered User
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,516
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ACSlayer View Post
    I personally prefer 500mg L-Tryptophan with my morning cup of coffee if I am not feeling very chipper in the A.M. Tryptophan is another alternative you could look into. 1g -1.5g with a minute amount of Melatonin ( I nibble a small amount of a 3mcg tab and hold it under the tongue) before bed has done wonders for my sleep quality/duration. Just wanted to toss that out there.
    you use sleep aids in the morn....with a stim? You know light renders the effects of melatonin useless.
  15. Registered User
    ACSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    101
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    you use sleep aids in the morn....with a stim? You know light renders the effects of melatonin useless.
    No, I should have specified. L-Tryptophan is converted very differently in body according to time of day/ amount of light striking the retina. Tryptophan converts both to Melatonin or Serotonin (w/ B6 as a catalyst). I notice a definite mood improvement without the foggy feeling if taking 500mg of Tryptophan (no melatonin) with a stim occasionally in the morning. I save the large dose (1.5 g) w/ melatonin for strictly prebed.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Leviathan, DCP from RPN & Megadose of X-Lean
    By gwilym in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 11:24 PM
  2. anyone ever megadose Primaforce 40% cissus?
    By poison in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 07:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in