megadose 5htp

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
someone try it!
100-200 mg acute dosage- good for sleep, slight mood elevation, pretty good appetite suppressant
200-300 mg acute dosage- mood elevation (temporary), kills appetite
600 mg and up acute dosage- headaches, can make you pretty sick to your stomach- but you can't take it with food, or it will not work as well- you can try it, but you might feel a little ill......

100-200 mg chronically every 3 days is the best for mood elevation

taking 5-HTP every day will put you in la-la land- make you real spacey.....

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
taking 5-HTP every day will put you in la-la land- make you real spacey.....
sounds like a treat!

Maybe the customers i get everyday have 5-HTP as a staple..or maybe its just the heroin :icon_lol:

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Been taking 300mg every day and started feelin spaced out. Plus I was waking up with wicked stomach aches...Going to take 100mg twice a day instead of 300mg all at once at night now...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As a precursor to serotonin, you want to keep levels VERY slightly elevated to induce relaxation and a minor sense of well-being. More than that might sap your motivation and take away any "edge" you might have, dulling the senses and washing your perception into a slight haze.

Personally, I am not a fan of jacked up serotonin levels at all.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As a precursor to serotonin, you want to keep levels VERY slightly elevated to induce relaxation and a minor sense of well-being. More than that might sap your motivation and take away any "edge" you might have, dulling the senses and washing your perception into a slight haze.

Personally, I am not a fan of jacked up serotonin levels at all.
me neither

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
its dumb and dangerous and neuro relapse could be severe. Pending current brain status.
Not something to f' with.

ACSlayer

Awards
I personally prefer 500mg L-Tryptophan with my morning cup of coffee if I am not feeling very chipper in the A.M. Tryptophan is another alternative you could look into. 1g -1.5g with a minute amount of Melatonin ( I nibble a small amount of a 3mcg tab and hold it under the tongue) before bed has done wonders for my sleep quality/duration. Just wanted to toss that out there.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I personally prefer 500mg L-Tryptophan with my morning cup of coffee if I am not feeling very chipper in the A.M. Tryptophan is another alternative you could look into. 1g -1.5g with a minute amount of Melatonin ( I nibble a small amount of a 3mcg tab and hold it under the tongue) before bed has done wonders for my sleep quality/duration. Just wanted to toss that out there.
you use sleep aids in the morn....with a stim? You know light renders the effects of melatonin useless.

ACSlayer

Awards
you use sleep aids in the morn....with a stim? You know light renders the effects of melatonin useless.
No, I should have specified. L-Tryptophan is converted very differently in body according to time of day/ amount of light striking the retina. Tryptophan converts both to Melatonin or Serotonin (w/ B6 as a catalyst). I notice a definite mood improvement without the foggy feeling if taking 500mg of Tryptophan (no melatonin) with a stim occasionally in the morning. I save the large dose (1.5 g) w/ melatonin for strictly prebed.