Intra Workout Drink

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I go with 3 scoops Xtend, 3 scoops BCAAs, 2 scoops Poseidon.
    wow, there is no way i could afford that!

2. i only use intra workout drinks when i know i will have a longer than normal workout session. (over 1.5 hr)
    •   

3. intrabolic is THE best. not even close.

4. Quote Originally Posted by BiggerGeek View Post
    certainly being at-nation article, it has to be taken with a grain of salt. I realize most of them are nothing more than supplement plugs...

Recently I have been taking in 30 grams WMS and 15 grams of PeptoPro _ 10 grams BCAA during my workouts, and I must say they have been rocking. I am sure the carbs help the most as far as during the workout, but my recovery has also seemed much better.

After the workout I take a similar drink with more leucine and double the wms.

After christmas, I might expirement with upping the dosages of Pepto Pro. The first study didn't give much info into the level of hydrolysis used but assuming they used pure tri-peptides, it would take 60 grams of Pepto pro to get the equivalent...which would be mighty expensive.

But I think I could swing 30 grams per hour workout for a couple of weeks to see how I react. Maybe I'll bump up the BCAAs too. After all Charles Poliquin said you need at least 40 grams BCAAs during a workout.

Anyways, I don't see how 30g of PeptoPro + 40g BCAA + 30-60g WMS couldn't help build muscle better than some of the supps people drop so much cash on...
    I would not use peptopro.

Pepto Pro is a hydrolysed Casein protein. For a start Casein protein is not as anabolic as Whey protein because whey protein contains all the growth factors such as IFG-1. Casein is more an immune system protein containing beneficial immune factors. To put on muscle you need those growth factors. Unfortunately, the growth factors have a bitter taste because they are classified as hydrophobic amino peptides. But these are the proteins that give you all the benefits for anabolic growth. What we know of Pepto Pro is that they have 'de-bitterised' the protein. That means they have broken down the protein further to eliminate the bitter peptides but those peptides are the active proteins which gives the casein all its health benefits. In other words they have gone too far with the processing, much like when you make amino acids, to make it taste good rather than engineer the protein and
    separate the beneficial peptides from the rest of the protein
    Sure you will get a protein which is absorbed quickly supplying amino acids for muscle repair which does not taste bitter, but you have eliminated the good peptides and do not have any growth factors to tell the body to repair at an anabolic rate.

5. Recently, I have been doing:

1 scoop Purple Wraath
    20g Dextrose
    20g WMS

Then about 45 minutes later:

1 1/2 cups milk
    1 scoop whey
    2 tbsp pb
    20g maltodextrin
    1/2 cup oats
    140g blueberries

I like it because I seem to beable to eat more than when I was eating a shake immediatly after. If anybody sees a problem with this I'd love to know. I just really like the idea of getting amino's during and after.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i only use intra workout drinks when i know i will have a longer than normal workout session. (over 1.5 hr)
    Research show benefits of intraworkout nutrition for both extended and acute lifting sessions... Check out that ISSN position paper for more details.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Research show benefits of intraworkout nutrition for both extended and acute lifting sessions... Check out that ISSN position paper for more details.
    i understand that but with my prewo and postwo nutrition and supplementation i dont feel it fits my budget to do intrawork formulas on the regular basis. No doubt there is benefiets for extended and acute lifting sessions. Maybe its because i just havent tried IntraAid yet haha

8. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i understand that but with my prewo and postwo nutrition and supplementation i dont feel it fits my budget to do intrawork formulas on the regular basis. No doubt there is benefiets for extended and acute lifting sessions. Maybe its because i just havent tried IntraAid yet haha
    Wasn't implying that you needed it brother... Just pointing out the relevant new info that intraworkout nutrition can benefit the lifter when he trains for an hour or less...

Speakin' of Intra-Aid... Perhaps you got a date with a bottle? PM me.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best Intra Workout Drink
    By xtreme1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 03:10 AM
  2. best intra workout drink?
    By djsnipes in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 02:11 AM
  3. Pre-Intra Workout Drink Formulation
    By scottyc33 in forum Supplements