Lost in the world of supplements

BTBB

Awards
Im a 43 year old man who when he was younger did a lot of bodybuilding. Life has been busy now Im back getting in shape. Now that i am back i cant make heads or tails to all these supplements out there. Pro hormones,test boosters,IGF boosters, this root, that root. What is safe and works to build some mass for a middle aged man who is in pretty good shape but wants to be bigger . Im from the days of chicken andtuna and a little deca. Help me through this sea of supplements. Im now taking Novedex Xt, multivitamin 250 grams protein daily and creatine. Things are going well with body composition but I need the MASS!

BTBB

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I am an old fugger who has some small experience with modern supplementation. I did try a couple of the PH's but even though suppession was light, I didn't think it wise to continue on these lines at my age. I have used some the the herbal supps with some success, and there are quite a few good ones and they seem to be fairly safe.

I think you should research the following companies which I can personally recommend then ask more specific questions. Oh and I think blocking estrogen does yeild some benefit for us older guys especially. I think most would recommend something like 6oxo rather than the gaspari atd which many say blocks too much.

List hope I don't forget anybody:

UspLabs
Applied Nutricals
Palo Alto Labs
Anabolic Innovations
RPN
Desinger Supplements
Nutraplanet (TNT stack should be good for older folks)

Anyway this should be a good start for you, these companies do make good herbal products. Make sure you buy at Nutraplanet where the service and price is very good for the most part.

The Tanya

The Tanya

AN Rep
Awards
Well I am an old fugger who has some small experience with modern supplementation. I did try a couple of the PH's but even though suppession was light, I didn't think it wise to continue on these lines at my age. I have used some the the herbal supps with some success, and there are quite a few good ones and they seem to be fairly safe.

I think you should research the following companies which I can personally recommend then ask more specific questions. Oh and I think blocking estrogen does yeild some benefit for us older guys especially. I think most would recommend something like 6oxo rather than the gaspari atd which many say blocks too much.

List hope I don't forget anybody:

UspLabs
Applied Nutricals
Palo Alto Labs
Anabolic Innovations
RPN
Desinger Supplements
Nutraplanet (TNT stack should be good for older folks)

Anyway this should be a good start for you, these companies do make good herbal products. Make sure you buy at Nutraplanet where the service and price is very good for the most part.

Hey Dream,

I appreciate you mentioning us....For guys in their 40's I would definitely recommend IGF-2. It will increase your GH and test levels to like you had in your 20's. The L-Dopa induces significant GH production increases, and the Chlorophytum is one of the most potent testosterone in that it contains large amounts of Spirosta-steroidal saponins: desoxydiosgenin, tigogenin, neotigogenin, which are intermediates to various hormonal pathways in the body. When ingested, desoxydiosgenin is enzymatically converted to 11-oxa-5 alpha-androstane-3,17-dione, some of which is converted to testosterone through the testes. The increased testosterone produced by this process binds to the androgen receptor (AR), signaling the muscles via mRNA to increase protein synthesis and nitrogen retention, leading to greater strength, mass, and recovery.

Not bad for a girl, huh?

If you want to know more, hit us up at www.appnut.com. Good luck!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Dream,

I appreciate you mentioning us....For guys in their 40's I would definitely recommend IGF-2. It will increase your GH and test levels to like you had in your 20's. The L-Dopa induces significant GH production increases, and the Chlorophytum is one of the most potent testosterone in that it contains large amounts of Spirosta-steroidal saponins: desoxydiosgenin, tigogenin, neotigogenin, which are intermediates to various hormonal pathways in the body. When ingested, desoxydiosgenin is enzymatically converted to 11-oxa-5 alpha-androstane-3,17-dione, some of which is converted to testosterone through the testes. The increased testosterone produced by this process binds to the androgen receptor (AR), signaling the muscles via mRNA to increase protein synthesis and nitrogen retention, leading to greater strength, mass, and recovery.

Not bad for a girl, huh?

Impressive! :cheers:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm using Lipotrophin PM right now, love it. IGF2 is on my list.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IGF2 is a product I have tried and liked. I really like Drive too, and have a couple of bottles or Neovar to go with my TNT stacks in the new year.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Come on no one has mentioned GetDiesel products...DTH and DT2010 and probably the best herbal test boosters out now...

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Hey Dream,

Not bad for a girl, huh?

DW I second Tanya's thank you...in adition to what Tanya has said...I can personally speak on how effective IGF-2 is. The blunt honest truth...it is my favorite overall supplement...period. Nothing has been as effective as IGF-2 for me.

On the science side of things...awesome job Tanya, but don't forget to mention that L-Dopa not only helps stimulate growth hormone release, but also helps to stimulate leutinizing hormone production, which means more testosterone production. In combination with Safed Musli in particular you have a great 1-2 knockout punch as boosting testosterone. Add to that the estrogen regulating effects of dodder seed, among many other effects, and the many and varied effects of rhodiola rosea and officially you have one of the most, if not the most synergistic and effective products on the market.

Cheers!:cheers:

BTBB

Awards
Any bad side effects from IGF-2,and what can someone expect as gains in a 4 week cycle.

truckdaddy

truckdaddy

Awards
Im a 43 year old man who when he was younger did a lot of bodybuilding. Life has been busy now Im back getting in shape. Now that i am back i cant make heads or tails to all these supplements out there. Pro hormones,test boosters,IGF boosters, this root, that root. What is safe and works to build some mass for a middle aged man who is in pretty good shape but wants to be bigger . Im from the days of chicken andtuna and a little deca. Help me through this sea of supplements. Im now taking Novedex Xt, multivitamin 250 grams protein daily and creatine. Things are going well with body composition but I need the MASS!

BTBB
Just get the basics man, a good protien, a good multi and a good fish oil cap. Eat good and workout. The rest will fall in to place. At 43 if you are not happy with your test levels or GH levels, go see a HRT doc and they will get your right. No herb or root is gonna do much for for you.

real talk.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Im from the days of chicken andtuna and a little deca.
just don't forget the basics you already know. they still apply.
although there are new supps out, the basics haven't changed that much.
make sure you have your staples in order first (protein, multi, fish oil).
then venture onto the other stuff.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Come on no one has mentioned GetDiesel products...DTH and DT2010 and probably the best herbal test boosters out now...
You are a wise, wise man. ;)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I can't speak from personal experience, but I would say "some of the best" as opposed to "the best" herbal test boosters. To each their own so I don't think "the best" can really be used. Personally, regardless of my affiliation...I still swear by AN's IGF-2, DRIVE, and RPM.

On another note, I want to try DTH sometime for sure as my main cog for a test boosting stack. From what I have read and judging from the ingredient profiles...I'll say the products look solid and are rated pretty high.

Cheers!:cheers:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
You could always check out Blue Gene + Blue Up, our test/hormone stack. I'm a young guy, but the feedback from the older testers has been very positive. Get Diesel also has a great arsenal for older lifters as been mentioned.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Any bad side effects from IGF-2,and what can someone expect as gains in a 4 week cycle.
This is IGF-2 by Applied Nutraceuticals...Its not a prohormone and completely natural which means u can proabably take it for up to 12 weeks with no harm done...side effects are more powerful libido, strength, density and a little more aggression especially when combined with divanil...woohoo for natural products...In a 8 week cycle of this one can expect maybe 4-6 pounds of lean mass with anywhere from 2-5pounds of fatloss depending on diet and exercise program...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just get the basics man, a good protien, a good multi and a good fish oil cap. Eat good and workout. The rest will fall in to place. At 43 if you are not happy with your test levels or GH levels, go see a HRT doc and they will get your right. No herb or root is gonna do much for for you.

real talk.
I am assuming that he knows the basics and is looking for a little more and concerning herbals not helping him, all I can say is herbals have helped me immensely at 50. It's true however that I have no hormonal imbalance.

If however you don't have the basics and your diet is not what it should be supps are a waste of time and money. You don't put high test into a low grade machine.

BTBB

Awards
Diet good, hormone balance good,training is good. Just looking for a little edge! Thanks

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is IGF-2 by Applied Nutraceuticals...Its not a prohormone and completely natural which means u can proabably take it for up to 12 weeks with no harm done...side effects are more powerful libido, strength, density and a little more aggression especially when combined with divanil...woohoo for natural products...In a 8 week cycle of this one can expect maybe 4-6 pounds of lean mass with anywhere from 2-5pounds of fatloss depending on diet and exercise program...
good post :)

...and I agree, the multi, a good EFA, and a good anti-oxidant blend are some of the most important things in any nutrition program, plus rest and ample recovery- can't go wrong with these 5 things.