• Established
how long can you mega dose bcaas safely? im doing 30-40 grams/day

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't consider 30-40g mega-dosing BCAAs at all for someone who weighs 215. I'd consider that a normal daily dose. Yes, you can go with 20g a day, as some guys suggest, but I've read everything from 5g a day being enough to people using 80-100g a day.

I use 45g per day, on lifting days only. I cycle off them once every three months or so for a couple of weeks, not because I have any concrete evidence that BCAAs lose their efficacy after this time, but simply because I cycle every supplement. Give it a try, if you like.

Ares

Ares

Banned
Awards
As long as you can afford it.

What is your dosing protocol?

It is ideal to take around 10g prior to any meals, or take around workouts.

Ares

Ares

Banned
Awards
I wouldn't consider 30-40g mega-dosing BCAAs at all for someone who weighs 215. I'd consider that a normal daily dose. Yes, you can go with 20g a day, as some guys suggest, but I've read everything from 5g a day being enough to people using 80-100g a day.

I use 45g per day, on lifting days only. I cycle off them once every three months or so for a couple of weeks, not because I have any concrete evidence that BCAAs lose their efficacy after this time, but simply because I cycle every supplement. Give it a try, if you like.
Cycling supplements and food is a good idea.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
30~40 grams/day spread out in 4 servings is not mega dosing specially given our weight.

I currently take 10 before/after workout and before bedtime and another dose of xtend during the day.. plus what ever is included in my protein shakes in take.

how long can you mega dose bcaas safely? given that its an amino acid my guess is you can do it for a long time, but you might want to cycle off

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
In.

I take a buttload of aminos'

I drink a gallon of water a day at work, with 8 scoops of extend.

Protein shake in the morning.

Amino's post workout.

I didnt think you could do overdo amino's.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Well, there is a theory that if you don't take in ALL the EAA's (which include BCAAs) in a 1:1:1:1 etc ratio, that you actually can come with negative protein balance. Your body can't make EAAs, only the NEAAs, so that leaves nine amino acids you HAVE to ingest for your body uses. To make your skeletal muscle protein you still need the other EAAs even if you ingest tons of BCAAs. So if you ingested a ton of BCAA, and your body still needs the other EAAs, you still can't complete protein synthesis, and you sit in a overall negative protein balance till you get those in.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, the BCAAs act more as a signal to increase protein synthesis. THey do make up a percentage of muscular protein, and are incorporated as they are ingested, but the main benefit from taking them is to signal to the body to make more muscle from it's pooled AA's, which are derived from your food. In that sense, BCAAs have a hormonal effect.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wait i currently take xtend but only during workout

should i buy extra bulk bcca or just drink xtend on off days? or just Leucine and then what u mix it with?