HPLC tested? - AnabolicMinds.com

HPLC tested?

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

HPLC tested?

If something was HPLC tested, does this mean it's the real deal?... I mean, If what it says on the bottle should be whats in the supplement?

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mills View Post
    If something was HPLC tested, does this mean it's the real deal?... I mean, If what it says on the bottle should be whats in the supplement?
    Yes and no- HPLC, especially thin layer, can be pretty accurate- but what you are looking at really depends on the context of the supplement being tested. HPLC is a tool for determining markers, but if there is no set standard (USP, AOAC, or otherwise), then the method of ID and determination of potency must be derived in other manners (you may have to validate the method yourself, if you have the means). A lot of times, HPLC can ID certain substances, but really gives no insight into the potency of a substance, especially when it comes to botanical extracts.

It also depends on whether the test occurred on incoming ID, or was a pre-post finished product test. There are many different contexts/permutations as far as saying something is "HPLC-Tested"- I am assuming this means in the context of finished product testing- but in reality, really does not tell you ****- I could take a random capsule off my desk, and say it is HPLC tested, but it is still a random capsule off of my desk- if there is no frame of reference- it doesn't really tell you anything.

As a rule of thumb, I would say if it was for substances where there are known monographs/standards, yes, very accurate. HPLC is great for this type of ID- but if it is botanical substances- maybe not...
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

Similar Forum Threads

1. getting AAS tested?
    By keithdolby in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 08:15 PM
  2. Want to be tested
    By spiderman7 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 09:44 PM
  3. Inhibit-E from SNS product information and HPLC