Disc Injury!!

Kulper1

Awards
Hey guys,

I have some major disc injuries in my back, I'm 27 and a few are degenrative and others are herniated. The pain is unbearable. At this point I've been doing PT and walking on the treadmill. I really want to get back into the gym, I'm losing weight by the day and I'm scared and really pissed off.

Right now I'm mega dosing Super Cissus Rx since it seems to help with healing anything at 9 pills a day and I am also taking Orange Triad (6 pills a day) and Osteo Sport at 5 pills a day.

Do you have any other recommendations on what else I can take to get back in action? I don't want surgery but may end up getting some cortisone injections.

I've heard that EQ can help with healing collagen which is what your discs are built out of. Any thoughts? I have four bottles of bold lying around

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a herniated disc, too. It sucks. If I was as bad as you, I'd be doing exactly what you're doing.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I have some major disc injuries in my back, I'm 27 and a few are degenrative and others are herniated. The pain is unbearable. At this point I've been doing PT and walking on the treadmill. I really want to get back into the gym, I'm losing weight by the day and I'm scared and really pissed off.

Right now I'm mega dosing Super Cissus Rx since it seems to help with healing anything at 9 pills a day and I am also taking Orange Triad (6 pills a day) and Osteo Sport at 5 pills a day.

Do you have any other recommendations on what else I can take to get back in action? I don't want surgery but may end up getting some cortisone injections.

I've heard that EQ can help with healing collagen which is what your discs are built out of. Any thoughts? I have four bottles of bold lying around
just stretching and icing- herniated disk is a really tough one- I feel for guys- we have a family friend who has had 10 back surgeries since 97'- once it goes, it is hard to get corrected....

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I've been dealing with a lower back injury for awhile, but have yet to get an MRI because I can keep it under control. Initially I would see a chiropracter 2-3 times a week for adjustment and stim, then once a week, and now its just whenever I feel like it. It's helped a lot. Not sure it helps, but I use Animal Flex for joints and I try to do a fair share of ab work which is probably the most helpful. Before and after all workout I use the Precor Stretch Trainer at the gym to really stretch out my lower back. I've made great progress over the past two years considering I was practically immobile at one point. I can't squat or deadlift, but I can still hit thos same muscle in other ways.

crzyyoungn

crzyyoungn

Awards
x2 on the chiropractor

check out upcspine.com
for info about Upper Cervical Spine chiropractic, even if your problem is nowhere near the neck it can be life changing help. I had written a post of ,atleast 2 miscosoft word pages long replying to this thread but accidentally pressed back and when I pressed forward it was deleted...In short I had a neuromuscular condition that caused socoliosis and lordosis and neromuscular/nervous system issues that put me through the worst of hell. When I was going through this I would have rather lost limbs then feel the way I was, I was practically non functional couldn't walk without the fear of dislocation and had the worst feelings of anxiety when my nervous system contracted it felt like I was going to go crazy.This description isn't even 5% of the whole picture.Doctor told me I was fine and sent me to the orth who said I have scoliosis and that it should'nt cause these feeling and that the curve wasn't all too bad, also I had some severe lordosis(2 orthos and a neurologist said I was healthy). She then sent me to psycologist as if it was all in my head...after tons of tests it was determined I was mentally healthy and that the anxiety I felt was directly related to the physical symptoms I had(i.e who wouldn't be anxious if every step you took you risked dislocation, or if at times breathing was difficult, or you saw flashing lights[later discovered to be due to optical nerves being disrupted due to a cervial subluxation])

After seeing a regular chiro for 4 months and especially a uppercervical spine chiro for another 4 I'm back to enjoying life. My energy levels are still low but I'm functional, working(could'nt in my previous condition), and dating:woohoo: My Spine is straight now confirmed by recent xrays and the lordosis is greatly reduced!so much for scoliosis being incurable...
Yoga has been a GREAT help as well as the chiro's you owe it to yourself to check out a upper cervical spine chiropractor millions have recieved the benifits that doctors could never have helped them with. If chiropractic was available to everyone the pharmaceutical industry would lose a HUGE chunk of revenue so usually this line of worka goes unnoticed or is belitled by regular doctors but for those who try it it NEVER fails. At the best it can cure you, in the very worst it will make you feel a little better and improve the function of your nervous system.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I also have had EXTREME back pain upper, mid, and especially lower w/sciatica. It truely was an experience that made me pray for death as I wasn't sleeping because of the ligtning bolt running down my leg and was on the edge of insanity.

I have a wonderful chiropractor who helped me get my life back. I strongly recomend finding a good chiro in your area; it has been worth every penny i've spent as far as I'm concerned.

I still have problems and am off and on as far as the gym is going, but I'm no longer going out of my mind with pain. One of my biggest obstacles right now is the P.O.S. bed I have that seems to undo my chiro's work.

itln stln

itln stln

Awards
I am in the same boat as you. I was diagnosed at 28 with degenerative disc disease along with 2 herniated discs (L4-L5) which are pinching the sciatic nerve in my left leg back in April. I have lost about 12 pounds due to restrictions of not being able to workout like I used too. I have had the 3 cortisone shots which the 1st 2 helped but the 3rd re-aggrivated the sciatic nerve and it kills my hip, calf & ankle. I think PT is the best choice right now so take it slow. For relieving the sciatica if you have it even for back pain, have you physical therapist due electric stim therapy. That worked wonders for me. I just stretch and take Move Free Advanced & Cissus and walk an hour a day for the time being.