Motivation in a pill?

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
What supp do you guys use when you are cycling off of stims?

My motivation and determination is through the room when I am on a good stim such as Adrenalean or Lev Reloaded

but what do you guys do when you are taking time off stims... i see my motivation and drive to get to the gym diminish horribly when I dont have my stim placebo going

suggestions?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

My motivation and determination is through the room when I am on a good stim such as Adrenalean or Lev Reloaded

but what do you guys do when you are taking time off stims... i see my motivation and drive to get to the gym diminish horribly when I dont have my stim placebo going

suggestions?
tyrosine and/or licorice root 3-9% DGL will help normalize adrenal medulla function- you may even want to give a pregnenolone or DHEA a try- they can also help quite a bit as well...

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
my thoughts are that you can't supplement motivation. the only time I don't feel like working out is when I haven't done it in a while.

for me working out is like sex...the more I do it, the more I want it. stay consistant and you shouldn't have an issue with drive!

also, stay goal oriented...always set a goal that you're working towards! This keeps many people focused.

if you're really having a hard time without a stim then you might try reset AD too.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
...or give focus dirt a shot.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
my problem is i will come of a stim... lose a bit of motto.. take a day or two off that then translates into weeks off... im thinkin about trying Rho rosea as suggested by a memeber

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, just try to go without stims for a while and see how you feel. I had been using stims on and off for about a year until I decided to just stop for a while. I've been off stims (no caffeine, coffee, or anything) for over 6 weeks now and I feel great. My strength and energy in the gym is better than it ever was using stims and I just feel healthier overall. I love stims and all, but you shouldn't be using them all the time. If you like stims preworkout - just use them on workout days. If you are using a thermogenic to burn fat - run 5 days on/2 days off. You never want to completely fry your CNS.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
...or give focus dirt a shot.
i ordered some... but my friend started using it and he said after a couple days it just doesn't do anything.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
i ordered some... but my friend started using it and he said after a couple days it just doesn't do anything.
I ordered it, and I must say, its just not for me. I don't know if it is exhibiting too pronounced nootropic effects on me or what, because I feel like im in space on it. It makes me feel sooooo spacey. Thats just me though. Perhaps I could try busting my caps open and lower the dosage. P.S. apologies for thread hijack.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, just try to go without stims for a while and see how you feel. I had been using stims on and off for about a year until I decided to just stop for a while. I've been off stims (no caffeine, coffee, or anything) for over 6 weeks now and I feel great. My strength and energy in the gym is better than it ever was using stims and I just feel healthier overall. I love stims and all, but you shouldn't be using them all the time. If you like stims preworkout - just use them on workout days. If you are using a thermogenic to burn fat - run 5 days on/2 days off. You never want to completely fry your CNS.

oh by no means am i running them straight throuh... its just i workout for awhile... then hit a stim for like 3 weeks and when i come off it i lose motivation... pain the ass... i just something for mood boosting

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I ordered it, and I must say, its just not for me. I don't know if it is exhibiting too pronounced nootropic effects on me or what, because I feel like im in space on it. It makes me feel sooooo spacey. Thats just me though. Perhaps I could try busting my caps open and lower the dosage. P.S. apologies for thread hijack.
It's not a hijack, it's on topic ;) Maybe you're just another non-responder? Actually, you responded to it... just not favorably.

"Who wants some dirt that'll stimulate you and nourish the adrenals! Take this dirt and you'll feel like a million dollars! This dirt has never been used in supplement history!"

I got it because I like schizandra and would like to see if it lives up to the marketing claims.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I drink coffee. Exercise itself is a stimulant, if you depend on a supplement to motivate you so you can lift weights, perhaps a guy should find a different hobby. JMO

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

suggestions?
Not to be rude, but you shouldn't NEED a supplement to give you motivation and drive. Your GOALS should be the motivating and driving force behind your training, knowing that you are striving for something, and seeing results. Else WHY ARE YOU DOING IT???

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to all of those that gave me honest opinions!

I think a few missed the part where i said I only really need something when i come off a stim though. Thats the toughest part for me

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Not to be rude, but you shouldn't NEED a supplement to give you motivation and drive. Your GOALS should be the motivating and driving force behind your training, knowing that you are striving for something, and seeing results. Else WHY ARE YOU DOING IT???
I don't know about that.. You know you have to do it to get the results, but sometimes stims can get your ass into gear.. Every college student who can will take adderal to help study for tests.. I know I do. That **** lights me up all I want to do is get **** done.. Why do people take steroids for that matter? Because they aren't motivated to be huge without them? No, they take them because it takes them to a super physiological level previously unattainable.. I don't NEED stims and usually don't take them, but after a day or doing school work and/or working and you have to bust out a workout while your tired before you can go home and sleep, taking a little adderal or ephedrine makes a big diff in your attitude and drive to hit the gym.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know about that.. You know you have to do it to get the results, but sometimes stims can get your ass into gear.. Every college student who can will take adderal to help study for tests.. I know I do. That **** lights me up all I want to do is get **** done.. Why do people take steroids for that matter? Because they aren't motivated to be huge without them? No, they take them because it takes them to a super physiological level previously unattainable.. I don't NEED stims and usually don't take them, but after a day or doing school work and/or working and you have to bust out a workout while your tired before you can go home and sleep, taking a little adderal or ephedrine makes a big diff in your attitude and drive to hit the gym.
I beg to differ, so we shall agree to disagree.

As for the steroids issue, that's something else altogether, mate.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Trade ya for a bottle of Core Zap? Pretty please? PM me if you'll do it!

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
think of it as 'cycling' your workout intensity. I think its good to have some periods where you train less intensely/frequently (when you get off stims), and periods where you train like crazy to pack on muscle to avoid prison rape (when you get back on your stims). :)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I beg to differ, so we shall agree to disagree.

As for the steroids issue, that's something else altogether, mate.
Yes. I agree with Guejsn. ;)

There are a few people I know that fit the case that was described, but it's not close to make a statement like the one MuscleBound made. My friend for example, is only motivated to lift hard when he's using steroids. He has an ego trip and a half and benches like 3x a week and neglects to do legs. He just festers thoughts for a next cycle. He says, "man when I'm on the juice I'm gonna eat clean and sleep good, etc" but about a week into the 12 weeker, he'll abandon his promises ;)