If you owned a supplement store what would you carry!?

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
I want to know! What would you carry that corporate stores like GNC and Vitamine Shoppe don't??? Give me brands or even particular products! What do YOU think would sell?

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I want to know! What would you carry that corporate stores like GNC and Vitamine Shoppe don't??? Give me brands or even particular products! What do YOU think would sell?
American Cellular Labs, CEL, Primordial Performance, Get Diesel, IBE, APS. I'd list Axis Labs and a few of the other board sponsors, but we've begun moving into corporate chains.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
American Cellular Labs, CEL, Primordial Performance, Get Diesel, IBE, APS. I'd list Axis Labs and a few of the other board sponsors, but we've begun moving into corporate chains.
ufortunatly you shouldnt bring attention to those companys selling PHs out to a vitamin shop or GNC

RPN, nutrabolics, Iforce, IDS, Natures Best,Anabolic X, nutrex, Species nutrition, and generic brands of all supplements.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
everything EXCEPT MuscleTech,M.A.P, and BSN:D

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
ufortunatly you shouldnt bring attention to those companys selling PHs out to a vitamin shop or GNC

I'm not following what this statement was implying:confused:

I also forgot RPN. They could actually allow for a store to broaden their customer base, since their products hit several different markets.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
dont laugh..but i was in g.n.c the other day and this guy walks in and ask the lady that works there if they still had a sylvester stallone product still on the shelf.and she said no and he just walked out.i chuckled a little bit, but what hit me was. theres other people besides us muscle robots that go into stores such as,g.n.c e.t.c.and if your out to make money you would have to sell products endorsed by mega stars,or b.b buffs(gaspari,etc)because people will buy what stars/athletes tell them to buy.i just had to get that off my chest! oh..by the way i was just looking around in there!..lol..:fool2:

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm not following what this statement was implying:confused:

I also forgot RPN. They could actually allow for a store to broaden their customer base, since their products hit several different markets.

what i was implying, CEL sells mainly PHs you bring that into a store that have retards and teens buying products in a sue conscience society ect, you will see more lawsuits and more products being banned so better not to bring attention to companies in that manner by openly selling their hormones yanno

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd sell whatever brings in the most money and whatever brings in the most customers, unfortunately, the market for smart people is small and if you cater mainly to them, you'd be out of business pretty soon.

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
LOL! so true!

Most people want to hear lies, and they love hype. :)

I'd sell whatever brings in the most money and whatever brings in the most customers, unfortunately, the market for smart people is small and if you cater mainly to them, you'd be out of business pretty soon.

paulygon

paulygon

Awards
I would try something different. All supplement stores sell the same stuff which is great, you need some of the big names to draw in customers. USP labs, BSN, etc.

However, I would love to see this in a store. You know how candy stores have the candy islands which are huge bins full of different types of candies, gummy bears, chocolate everything, etc. I would try something similar to that but with different blends of protein, carbs, creatine, BCAA's, etc. A chain of stores located in major metropolitan areas that would appeal to both the average Joe "six pack" and the average anabolicminds reader (I would say usually more of a meat head, muscle freak, (insert other lifting cliche here), that would allow more customization without having to worry about shipping and the hassle of waiting would do rather well.

If you are thinking about starting a supplement shop, please move to DC/Virginia area, as I have not been able to find a decent place around here. All this area has are the average GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, and Vitamin world. --lame.

If anyone knows of a "mom and pop" supplement store in the VA/DC/MD area let me know!

Paul

apsnutrition

Awards
Thanks for mentioning APS.

It is true that many of the most effective and innovative products get over shadowed by the products with millions in marketing dollars. However, the stores that take notice to the brands you mention develop a very loyal customer base by selling truly effective products.

Also, nothing wrong with going into the large corprate chains as long as you stay true to your roots like Axis Labs has done (since you did not want to mention Axis:) I will ) and continue putting out great products.