what is an anti-glucocorticoid

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
supposedly this is what prime is and not a test booster... so i ask what the heck is it

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cortisol (or hydrocortisone) is the most important human glucocorticoid. It is essential for life, and regulates or supports a variety of important cardiovascular, metabolic, immunologic, and homeostatic functions. Glucocorticoid receptors are found in the cells of almost all vertebrate tissues. Various synthetic glucocorticoids are available; these are used either as replacement therapy in glucocorticoid deficiency or to suppress the immune system.

cissis is an anti-cortisol supplement,therefore also an anti-glucosteriods supplement.

But i think Prime differs in action, because there is more to glucosteriods than cortisol

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Cortisol (or hydrocortisone) is the most important human glucocorticoid. It is essential for life, and regulates or supports a variety of important cardiovascular, metabolic, immunologic, and homeostatic functions. Glucocorticoid receptors are found in the cells of almost all vertebrate tissues. Various synthetic glucocorticoids are available; these are used either as replacement therapy in glucocorticoid deficiency or to suppress the immune system.

cissis is an anti-cortisol supplement,therefore also an anti-glucosteriods supplement.

But i think Prime differs in action, because there is more to glucosteriods than cortisol
thanks. but what the f*ck does that mean:icon_lol:

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
perhaps this will put it into context for you

The anti-glucocorticoid effect of testosterone:

Testosterone (and synthetic anabolic/androgenic steroids) may help to increase mass and strength by having an anticatabolic effect on muscle cells. Considered one of the most important indirect mechanisms of androgen action, these hormones are shown to effect the actions of another type of steroid hormone in the body, glucocorticoids (cortisol is the primary representative of this group) Glucocorticoid hormones actually have the exact opposite effect on the muscle cell than androgens, namely sending an order to release stored protein. This process is referred to as catabolism, and represents a breaking down of muscle tissue. Muscle growth is achieved when the anabolic effects of testosterone are more pronounced overall than the degenerative effects of cortisol. With intense training and a proper diet, the body will typically store more protein than it removes, but this underlying battle is always constant.

When administering anabolic steroids however, a much higher androgen level can place glucocorticoids at a notable disadvantage. With their effect reduced, fewer cells will be given a message to release protein, and more will be accumulated in the long run. The primarily mechanism believed to bring this effect out is androgen displacement of glucocorticoids bound to the glucocorticoid receptor. In-vitro studies have in fact supported this notion by demonstrating that testosterone has a very high affinity for this receptor and further suggesting that some of its anabolic activity is directly mediated through this action It is also suggested that androgens may indirectly interfere with DNA binding to the glucocorticoid response element Although the exact underlying mechanism is still in debate, what is clear is that steroid administration inhibits protein breakdown, even in the fasted state, which seems clearly indicative of an anti-catabolic effect.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
alright in simpler terms, cortisol is the stress hormone, more cortisol equals less muscle, crappy sleep,ect anything bad that comes from stess.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
alright in simpler terms, cortisol is the stress hormone, more cortisol equals less muscle, crappy sleep,ect anything bad that comes from stess.
I know what cortisol is

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
cortisol is the main glucocorticoid

so an anti-glucocorticoid would be anti-cortisol

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so basically OP your looking for a pro anabolic/ test booster to take POST workout to shift the ration of test:glucocorticoid in a more favorable direction

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
cortisol is the main glucocorticoid

so an anti-glucocorticoid would be anti-cortisol
so instead of spending all this money i could get what is it 7oxo-dhea which can block cortisol. or even cheaper yet vitamin C?

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
so instead of spending all this money i could get what is it 7oxo-dhea which can block cortisol. or even cheaper yet vitamin C?
eh...ive never seen bulging muscle growth from megadosing vitamin c....

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
best and cheapest one would be cissus
with a price of muscle inhibition due to anti inflammatory process. or inhibiting gains, you want the inflammatory process following training.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
with a price of muscle inhibition due to anti inflammatory process. or inhibiting gains, you want the inflammatory process following training.
???

cortisol is catabolic.

cissus is anabolic bc its anti-cortisol

inflammation and cortisol are not always interelated.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
???

cortisol is catabolic.

i think your confused.

cortisol is catabolic your right.

cissus is an anabolic? its much more of an anti inflammatory then an anabolic. i wouldnt label it an anabolic though

but Anti inflammatory inhibit muscle gains via the COX enzyme. most notably are NSAIDs

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i think your confused.

cortisol is catabolic your right.

cissus is an anabolic? its much more of an anti inflammatory then an anabolic. i wouldnt label it an anabolic though

but Anti inflammatory inhibit muscle gains via the COX enzyme. most notably are NSAIDs
dude, if cissus is antiflammatory then why does everyone reccomend it, thats not a valid reason but look.

cissus is anti-cortisol!

it has anti-inflammotary benefits but thats not the main purpose.

the actual mechanisms of it are not truly understood.

Ketosterones are the major ingrediants.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dude, if cissus is antiflammatory then why does everyone reccomend it, thats not a valid reason but look.

cissus is anti-cortisol!

it has anti-inflammotary benefits but thats not the main purpose.

the actual mechanisms of it are not truly understood.

Ketosterones are the major ingrediants.
the main purpos for cissus, JOINTS, not anti cortisol. acts as an anti inflammatory. it is anti cortisol too. is it an anabolic? i havent seen a study on it. and yes i know the ketosterones are the main ingredient, that doesnt change the fact that it acts as an anti inflammatory, like fish oil does. and via the cox enzyme which stimulates prostiglandins and muscle growth and protein synthesis.

please show me otherwise.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Low extract Cissus' main function might be joints..higher extract, like 50% in higher doses will do just as much for your muscles (if not more) as your joints. Just ask USP labs about it...I hear they are isolating the anabolic component of Cissus to get us jacked.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
take it with a grain of salt, but usp labs says,

f you're suffering from joint pain,
ligament pain, cartilage pain, had surgery
on bone, ligament or cartilage, Cissus is
the supplement to use. Some users will
get instant relief and other will need to
use Cissus for much longer period of time
for complete healing of an injury.
Cissus is a powerful natural anabolic,
if not one of the most
powerful natural anabolics on
the market. It's an anabolic
and anti-catabolic substance
and allows for faster recovery
from exercise, from injury,
increase in muscle strength,
and stamina. In short, you
will be able to train longerand recover faster without the negative
effects of anabolic steroids.
Cissus is the best alternative when
glucosamine and chrondrotin does not
work. Cissus is clinically proven to
block cortisol. It is the only supplement
to help regenerate tendons and ligaments.
It significantly speeds fracture
healing and its the strongest anabolic
joint support on the market.
USPLabs won the best new brand
by bodybuilding.com in 2006. It is time
to use Cissus, the best kept secret in
the industry. We feel privileged to
work with Planet Muscle for our mission!

soy lab claims that cissus has multiple benefits,

Cissus and Heart Health

Cissus and Heart Health

Cissus decreased cholesterol levels 20-times greater than placebo, triglycerides levels 6-times greater than placebo, LDL cholesterol levels 29-times greater than placebo and HDL cholesterol levels 25-times greater than placebo.
Cissus and Weight Loss

Cissus and Weight Loss

Cissus reduced body weight 5-times greater than placebo and Cissus reduced BMI (Body Mass Index) 5-times greater than placebo.

Cissus and Blood Sugar

Cissus and Blood Sugar

Cissus decreased fasting blood glucose levels 3-times greater than placebo in obese individuals and Cissus decreased fasting blood glucose levels 1.5-times greater than placebo in normal individuals.
Cissus and Fat Burning

Cissus and Fat Burning

Following exercise or other fat “burning” process, fat tissue breaks down into small molecular components. Increased urinary levels of fat metabolites indicates increased fat degradation or “burning.”
Cissus and Serotonin

Cissus and Serotonin

Serotonin (5-HT), a vital neurotransmitter, is involved in a wide range of behavioral functions in the body, including mood, sleep and appetite control. Cissus increased serotonin 3-times greater than placebo.
Cissus and Testosterone

Cissus and Testosterone

The hormone testosterone plays key roles in the health and wellbeing of males and females. Testosterone helps maintain muscle mass, bone density, libido and mental and physical energy.
Cissus and Fat Blocking

Cissus and Fat Blocking

In laboratory studies, Cissus demonstrated lipase inhibition thereby blocking the absorption of unwanted dietary fats.

Cissus and Carb Blocking

Cissus and Carb Blocking

In laboratory studies, Cissus demonstrated a-amylase inhibition thereby block the absorption of unwanted carbohydrates.

Cissus and Muscle Building

Creatinine levels will increase in the blood as a result of an increase in muscle mass. Cissus increased creatinine levels 4-times greater than placebo.
Cissus and Bone Health

Cissus and Bone Health

Cissus quadrangularis showed a marked influence in the rate of fracture-healing by influencing early regeneration of all connective tissues involved in the healing process.
Cissus and Joint Health

Cissus and Joint Health

Cissus quadrangularis causes less amount of tissue reaction in the fractured region leading to optimum decalcification in the early stage of the healing process.
Cissus and Pain Relief

Cissus and Pain Relief

Cissus quadrangularis exhibited significant analgesic activity.

Cissus and Antioxidants

Cissus and Antioxidants

Extract of the Cissus quadrangularis exhibited strong antioxidant activity and free radical scavenging properties in various lab tests.
Cissus and Ulcers

Cissus and Ulcers

Cissus quadrangularis is commonly mentioned in Ayurveda for treatment of gastric ulcers. Gastric juice and mucosal studies showed that Cissus significantly increased the mucosal defensive factors.
Cissus and Triglycerides

Cissus and Triglycerides

Triglycerides are the most common form of fat in the body. They are stored in fat cells for use as energy. Elevated levels of triglycerides are linked to developing heart disease. Cissus quadrangularis lowered triglycerides levels 6-times greater than placebo.

alright both of those are pretty dull sources, but whatever cissus has anti-inflammatory effects but overall it has some many other effects that you can describe it as anabolic!

Personally Ive had no decreased muscle gains from cissus, it does not effect muscle in negative way.

Its not the same thing as taking aspirin or iburprofen, which a study was done to show the negative affects they had on muscle growth.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Low extract Cissus' main function might be joints..higher extract, like 50% in higher doses will do just as much for your muscles (if not more) as your joints. Just ask USP labs about it...I hear they are isolating the anabolic component of Cissus to get us jacked.
yeah like primaforce cissus which i will be taking soon.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
yeah like primaforce cissus which i will be taking soon.
The MOA of Cissus may not be fully understood, but the 50% extract felt like the most powerful natural anabolic I've ever tried, and Ive tried plenty. I also got all the sides of a typical androgen...acne and some shedding.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
take it with a grain of salt, but usp labs says,

f you're suffering from joint pain,
ligament pain, cartilage pain, had surgery
on bone, ligament or cartilage, Cissus is
the supplement to use. Some users will
get instant relief and other will need to
use Cissus for much longer period of time
for complete healing of an injury.
Cissus is a powerful natural anabolic,
if not one of the most
powerful natural anabolics on
the market. It's an anabolic
and anti-catabolic substance
and allows for faster recovery
from exercise, from injury,
increase in muscle strength,
and stamina. In short, you
will be able to train longerand recover faster without the negative
effects of anabolic steroids.
Cissus is the best alternative when
glucosamine and chrondrotin does not
work. Cissus is clinically proven to
block cortisol. It is the only supplement
to help regenerate tendons and ligaments.
It significantly speeds fracture
healing and its the strongest anabolic
joint support on the market.
USPLabs won the best new brand
by bodybuilding.com in 2006. It is time
to use Cissus, the best kept secret in
the industry. We feel privileged to
work with Planet Muscle for our mission!

soy lab claims that cissus has multiple benefits,

Cissus and Heart Health

Cissus and Heart Health

Cissus decreased cholesterol levels 20-times greater than placebo, triglycerides levels 6-times greater than placebo, LDL cholesterol levels 29-times greater than placebo and HDL cholesterol levels 25-times greater than placebo.
Cissus and Weight Loss

Cissus and Weight Loss

Cissus reduced body weight 5-times greater than placebo and Cissus reduced BMI (Body Mass Index) 5-times greater than placebo.

Cissus and Blood Sugar

Cissus and Blood Sugar

Cissus decreased fasting blood glucose levels 3-times greater than placebo in obese individuals and Cissus decreased fasting blood glucose levels 1.5-times greater than placebo in normal individuals.
Cissus and Fat Burning

Cissus and Fat Burning

Following exercise or other fat “burning” process, fat tissue breaks down into small molecular components. Increased urinary levels of fat metabolites indicates increased fat degradation or “burning.”
Cissus and Serotonin

Cissus and Serotonin

Serotonin (5-HT), a vital neurotransmitter, is involved in a wide range of behavioral functions in the body, including mood, sleep and appetite control. Cissus increased serotonin 3-times greater than placebo.
Cissus and Testosterone

Cissus and Testosterone

The hormone testosterone plays key roles in the health and wellbeing of males and females. Testosterone helps maintain muscle mass, bone density, libido and mental and physical energy.
Cissus and Fat Blocking

Cissus and Fat Blocking

In laboratory studies, Cissus demonstrated lipase inhibition thereby blocking the absorption of unwanted dietary fats.

Cissus and Carb Blocking

Cissus and Carb Blocking

In laboratory studies, Cissus demonstrated a-amylase inhibition thereby block the absorption of unwanted carbohydrates.

Creatinine levels will increase in the blood as a result of an increase in muscle mass. Cissus increased creatinine levels 4-times greater than placebo.
Cissus and Bone Health

Cissus and Bone Health

Cissus quadrangularis showed a marked influence in the rate of fracture-healing by influencing early regeneration of all connective tissues involved in the healing process.
Cissus and Joint Health

Cissus and Joint Health

Cissus quadrangularis causes less amount of tissue reaction in the fractured region leading to optimum decalcification in the early stage of the healing process.
Cissus and Pain Relief

Cissus and Pain Relief

Cissus quadrangularis exhibited significant analgesic activity.

Cissus and Antioxidants

Cissus and Antioxidants

Extract of the Cissus quadrangularis exhibited strong antioxidant activity and free radical scavenging properties in various lab tests.
Cissus and Ulcers

Cissus and Ulcers

Cissus quadrangularis is commonly mentioned in Ayurveda for treatment of gastric ulcers. Gastric juice and mucosal studies showed that Cissus significantly increased the mucosal defensive factors.
Cissus and Triglycerides

Cissus and Triglycerides

Triglycerides are the most common form of fat in the body. They are stored in fat cells for use as energy. Elevated levels of triglycerides are linked to developing heart disease. Cissus quadrangularis lowered triglycerides levels 6-times greater than placebo.

alright both of those are pretty dull sources, but whatever cissus has anti-inflammatory effects but overall it has some many other effects that you can describe it as anabolic!

Personally Ive had no decreased muscle gains from cissus, it does not effect muscle in negative way.

Its not the same thing as taking aspirin or iburprofen, which a study was done to show the negative affects they had on muscle growth.
people were megadosing cissus like mad around here when it first ame to light, I can not remember oe person who showed significant gains, 3$&3 @-m to a point that someone would buy it for the purpose of being anabolic.

it's still marketed as a joint supp and, as much as I respect primaforce for their contributions to tjiss industry; I have seen nothing short of joint relief from their cissus.

not on thing 'anabolic' came out of it at least for me, though I do not always respond well to 'natural' supplements.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I am on my phone so I have no idea what those weird letters are ...

but to add

cortisol is not all evil. there is a place in the human body for it just as estrogen

vitamin c is considered anti c but its not anabolic...

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
???

cortisol is catabolic.

I'm thinking he was saying that you want inflammatory states following training and not to take in a supp that's going to lower the inflammatory response of your muscles to the training, especially when your getting minimal anabolic reaction from it.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking he was saying that you want inflammatory states following training and not to take in a supp that's going to lower the inflammatory response of your muscles to the training, especially when your getting minimal anabolic reaction from it.
yep

take it, its all good, just not around your work out.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i take pre workout for extra pumps, and i still get very sore,very sore, im also taking x-factor with it. whatever i like it, im not telling anyone else to like it,im just trying to provide an honest opinion.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i take pre workout for extra pumps, and i still get very sore,very sore, im also taking x-factor with it. whatever i like it, im not telling anyone else to like it,im just trying to provide an honest opinion.
x factor is pro inflamatory and would likely offset the anti inflamation action of the cissus, still causing you to get sore.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
X-Factor, and Max out's purposes are to get YOU SORE after your workout, more so than the usual soreness....so, like crazy said, if your still getting sore then it's offsetting the effectiveness of the cissus ... but, your still probably not getting as sore as max-out or xfactor would make you, if you dropped cissus for a week or so through a couple of workouts.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
whatever guys i like cissus and i like x-factor, no reason not to take them at the same time. People get to crazy with thinking what not to take with x-factor. Im more sore than usual so im happy with that, if i was more sore i couldnt walk.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
whatever guys i like cissus and i like x-factor, no reason not to take them at the same time. People get to crazy with thinking what not to take with x-factor. Im more sore than usual so im happy with that, if i was more sore i couldnt walk.
nah man its cooll if you take it, i just dont reccommend taking it before or after the workout. thats all, the inflammatory response is what you want to grow. inhibit it, you inhibit gains.

thats all im saying.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Damn, that's pretty sore, lol