Is kwik-karb and carb-slam not as good as vitargo?

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
I found this on bodybuilding.com. It shows how you can test your WMS to see if it's the same as the Vitargo brand. I haven't got my carb-slam yet, but I was wondering if carb-slam and the nutraplanet brand fall into the alleged "correct" category. Ironically, I've read people saying carb slam is less chalky, less like powder, etc, so even between the nutraplanet and the primaforce carbslam there seem to be difference.

Here is Vitargo talking about these waxy maizes without name dropping:
2007-11-09
Attention! Be aware of false Vitargo
Vitargo? is a unique carbohydrate protected by patent and trademark. Nevertheless, it occurs nutritional supplements declaring Vitargo? in their ingredient list, without deliveries of Vitargo? starch to the manufacturer. This is an infringement of Swecarb?s intellectual property rights.

Additional, the consumer of the false Vitargo? will not experience the positive properties of the Vitargo? starch shown in clinical studies.
How do you as a consumer know for sure that the supplement contains Vitargo?
To be 100% sure we advice you to buy Vitargo? original products, with Swecarb AB as the manufacturer. Swecarb AB has also made a licence agreement with a few actors, producing high quality nutritional supplements under their own brand together with the Vitargo brand. These companies are listed under BUSINESS partners at the SALES page at vitargo.com.
Make your own test of pure carbohydrate powder products:
Prepare one portion, ~70g powder in 700ml of water (~ 20 degrees C).
Use a transparent bowl/glass.
Stir, whisk or shake vigorously for 1 minute and then let the solution rest for about 5 minutes:

1. If the solution is clear/transparent it is a low molecular weight carbohydrate ( for example maltodextrine, dextrose, sucrose)
2. If a thick layer of not dissolved powder is formed at the bottom of the bowl, it is most likely a native starch or a modified native starch. These starches are not digestible in present form and they do not dissolve in cold water. The starch is poorly absorbed by the gut and therefore of no benefit for the consumer.
We have analyzed some products claiming Waxy Corn Starch as an ingredient and they have all contained native starch. The declaration of these products and information given on the label indicates that the carbohydrate should be Vitargo?. This is a fraud.
3. If the powder dissolves but the solution is not transparent but opaque (a kind of ?milky? in its appearance), it has the characteristics of Vitargo.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Well, seeing as Nutrex doesn't make vitargo anymore...their new one is Volugro, same product, new name.

Either way, I think most people can tell a difference between using kwik karb and not using it.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I do think there is a difference between Vitargo and straight Waxy Maize Starch. I am not sure how this impacts performance, but the two are not the same.