A supp for Migraines??

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. what about 5-HTP

2. Quote Originally Posted by MMABoxing View Post
    what about 5-HTP
    I havenít heard anything about this. But from what I looked at on Google it seems ok.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MMABoxing View Post
    what about 5-HTP
    l-5-Hydroxytryptophan is a mood and appitite regulating neurotransmitter
    I've only heard of it being suggested for people with anxiety and depression.

Are you a very anxious person? That can cause head aches. Positive thinking also prevents them. Try to avoid becoming frusturated and get enough sleep if at all possible. Make sure you're drinking enough water

4. nope. but some recent 5-HTP articles show it can help with chronic headaches/migraines

5. Good info in the thread. I unfortunately suffer from migraines too. I'm an mma fighter now but have always had migraines since I can remember(first around age 5 caused by the taste from strawberry kool-aid combined with whatever other factors, i just know i chunked everywhere). When I get them now, I usually do not feel any better until I throw up. If i get it early, excedrine migraine helps. I've tried a lot of different prescribed medicines that didn't help seemingly at all. So i may experiment with some of the herbs/etc listed in this thread.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by CageWarrior View Post
    Good info in the thread. I unfortunately suffer from migraines too. I'm an mma fighter now but have always had migraines since I can remember(first around age 5 caused by the taste from strawberry kool-aid combined with whatever other factors, i just know i chunked everywhere). When I get them now, I usually do not feel any better until I throw up. If i get it early, excedrine migraine helps. I've tried a lot of different prescribed medicines that didn't help seemingly at all. So i may experiment with some of the herbs/etc listed in this thread.
    The EX-Migraine does more damage than good. Go to the DR and get a prescription... I see you have tried some - which ones?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What's the best supp.for elbow + joint pain
    By MaDmaN in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-21-2014, 08:38 AM
  2. Best supps for PH cycle (bulking)
    By Doko in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 01:11 PM
  3. best supps for reducing fat gains while bulking
    By acecombact1 in forum Supplements