How much is too much citruline malate?

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do you ever build a tolerance to the no effects of citruline malate?

How much is too much?

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im not taking it yet, everday, i currently take 4 scoops of xtend during the workout. But im gonna be adding nos ether preworkou,which supposedly has a lot of citruline malate in it. I wanted to know if this would be over doing it.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
minimum dosage should be around 6g, but I know of people who have used up to 18g and had amazing results from it. I wouldnt go over 15 myself tho.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wow thats alot what do you see at these dosages

how long did you or are you taking it?

you still get good pumps with, or are the pumps even better when you take it every day?

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
You will see energy/pumps from it of course, but also it stimulates your immune system and also clears endotoxins out of your body.

I only take it for about 2 weeks with a friend, first week being at 6g, 2nd week at 12-15g and I noticed the change immediatly the first time i took my 12 g dosage.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure you know this, but a few good things to stack with it are:
Arginine
Carnosine
Carnitine
CoQ 10
B 12

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm sure you know this, but a few good things to stack with it are:
Arginine
Carnosine
Carnitine
CoQ 10
B 12
Well i will be taking NOS ether which contains many of what you said,plus more:dance:

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Ah yes it does have a few of those, But I cant find out how much citrulline malate it contains..anyone?

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
alright so its real close to the minimum dosage amount, so you should feel benefits, but I still like taking around 12-15g.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
alright so its real close to the minimum dosage amount, so you should feel benefits, but I still like taking around 12-15g.
plus the citruline from xtend 4 scoops equals 4 grams for a total of 9 grams! maybe ill take 6 scopps to up it to 11 grams!

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Ah yes my bad I forgot about the Xtend, sorry. I always take Xtend exactly how it say for directions which is a lot of scoops and goes by fast but it works so ya take the recommended dosage of that also. Than you will be getting around 10 or so grams of CM which im positive you will love.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've only gone as high as six daily, and LOVED it. I can't imagine 12.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Ya man 12g is def. crazy, I suggest you try it for a week or so.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My question is: what are the oxidative effects of high/regular doses of citrulline?

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
In one of the few human studies, researchers examined the effects of supplementation with six grams of citrulline malate daily for 15 days [1].

The results show that citrulline malate led to a significant reduction in the sensation of fatigue, a 34% increase in the rate of oxidative ATP production during exercise, and a 20% increase in the rate of phosphocreatine recovery after exercise. This indicates a larger contribution of oxidative ATP synthesis to energy production.

1. Bendahan, D., Mattei, J.P., Ghattas, B., Confort-Gouny, S., Le Guern, M.E., & Cozzone, P.J. (2002). Citrulline/malate promotes aerobic energy production in human exercising muscle. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 36, 282-289