do you need to cycle off of creatine? /pre workout supp?
- 10-20-2008, 10:38 AM
- 10-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Most people do cycle their creatine, and will take a few weeks off every now and then.
As far as pre workout supps, some people will cycle these because a tolerance builds up to the stimulant effects of these products with continued use.
So yes and yes.
10-20-2008, 01:36 PM
I used to cycle creatine. But I don't really have any reason not to take it all the time. It gives great strength and endurance, and better recovery. I doesn't loose it's effect, there's no tolerance build up. But I do switch products like every 2 months. I had Storm from Universal for a while, and now I have Green Magnitude.
Do whatever feels right.
10-20-2008, 02:19 PM
10-20-2008, 02:34 PM
02-28-2010, 09:50 AM
the reason for cycling it isnt building up tolerance. people worry that once the body has creatine taken in every day for a long time that when the body does come off it, that the body wont be able to produce creatine on its own anymore. its not proven but a lot of people believe it and do it because long term effects are still unknown
02-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Takes about 30 days to return to baseline creatine levels, so stay off it about that long when you do cycle it:
Hultman E, Söderlund K, Timmons JA, Cederblad G and Greenhaff PL. Muscle creatine loading in men. J Appl Physiol 1996 81: 232-237.
02-28-2010, 12:11 PM
02-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Shiznown in forum SupplementsReplies: 69Last Post: 03-06-2017, 07:08 PM
- By Gator762 in forum SupplementsReplies: 12Last Post: 11-11-2014, 12:55 PM
- By nonidentity in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-05-2012, 05:36 PM
- By paradigmer in forum SupplementsReplies: 9Last Post: 02-18-2009, 01:09 PM
- By aerlyn02 in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 06-18-2007, 06:18 PM