Capping kit questions

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
i've been looking all over and can't find the difference between "0" and "00" sized caps. i'm guessing on is bigger than the other but i have no idea the difference and which ones i need to order

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
i have found "000" and "0/1" also and Im thinking it has to do with sizes.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
i have found "000" and "0/1" also and Im thinking it has to do with sizes.
i did just find this...

Size Outer Diameter (mm) Locked Length (mm) Volume (ml) Fill weight range (mg)
0 7.7 21.7 0.68 400 - 810 mg

Size Outer Diameter (mm) Locked Length (mm) Volume (ml) Fill weight range (mg)
00 8.5 23.3 0.95 540 - 1090 mg

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
the bulk pslin i want is 400mg so i would need the "0" size caps but then i'm screwed if i get something that i need the "00" caps for

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Couldn't you just mess with dosage amount of each cap though.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Couldn't you just mess with dosage amount of each cap though.
well if i'd get the "00" i don't know if having not enough powder would keep it from closing correctly. it shouldn't... screw it up getting the "00" i know i'm gonna get powders that need more than 810mgs

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Very good point, would be a great question to have answered from someone experienced with capping, as I have never done it.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've monkeyed around a bit with capping. Got a capping kit, caps, and scale for a good price a few months ago. Thanks NP!!

What you need to do is figure out what it is you want to cap, how much is a dose, and do some math to figure out what size you need. Under the caps on NP, there's a description of approximately how much each will hold. If you have 800mg that you want to cap, and there's one that holds up to 750mg, you can either get a size that'll fit about half the dose and just partially fill the pills. If there's extra room and you are paranoid about that, then put in a filler like rice flour.

A word to the wise, though... Not all products have the same density. 25mg of one thing may take the space of 15mg of something else, or 40mg of something else. It all depends on the specific bulk product that you are trying to cap. Though the bulk caps that NP sells (in bags of 1000) will take a bit of pressure, it may drive you nuts trying to gently and patiently put gradual pressure on the tamper to compact it enough.

If you tinker a bit and get used to it, it can be fun and fruitful "hobby"!! :D I'd start out capping something simple and inexpensive at first, like an amino or something, just to get used to doing it and measuring right. Don't start with something that has an aptitude for being overdose, lest your math be wrong! :lol:

Good luck!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
just bought mine. Even if you do figure each cap filled half way its a pain. Since all you do is load them into the holder and pour the powder on the deck and use a card to pull it across the openings.

I just capped, L-Dopa, piracetam and Focus Dirt.

For one i just fill one cap by hand. Then pour it out on a scale or measure it some way.
Next, multiply that number by 50.
Ex: 1 cap holds 700mg Piracetam x 50(caps) = 35(mg) So if i pour 35mg on the deck and pull it across the cap openings, i should end up with 700mg caps of piracetam per cap.

I want to do Collius Forshkolli(sp?) but you only dose it at 30mg to start and usually dont go past 80mg~ so i am stuck doing them by hand then having to add anothe 3/4 worth of powder to the caps...

I can be a pain but its still easier than by hand.

Hope i helped...

Also. As Tim said, every powder has different density,
Ex: Piracetam caps = 700mg
L-Dopa= 245mg or something weird
Focus Dirt= 600mg~
I wish i hadnt capped the L-Dopa, taste was not that bad, but i figured it wouldnt hurt.
I use "00" caps.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
I've monkeyed around a bit with capping. Got a capping kit, caps, and scale for a good price a few months ago. Thanks NP!!

What you need to do is figure out what it is you want to cap, how much is a dose, and do some math to figure out what size you need. Under the caps on NP, there's a description of approximately how much each will hold. If you have 800mg that you want to cap, and there's one that holds up to 750mg, you can either get a size that'll fit about half the dose and just partially fill the pills. If there's extra room and you are paranoid about that, then put in a filler like rice flour.

A word to the wise, though... Not all products have the same density. 25mg of one thing may take the space of 15mg of something else, or 40mg of something else. It all depends on the specific bulk product that you are trying to cap. Though the bulk caps that NP sells (in bags of 1000) will take a bit of pressure, it may drive you nuts trying to gently and patiently put gradual pressure on the tamper to compact it enough.

If you tinker a bit and get used to it, it can be fun and fruitful "hobby"!! :D I'd start out capping something simple and inexpensive at first, like an amino or something, just to get used to doing it and measuring right. Don't start with something that has an aptitude for being overdose, lest your math be wrong! :lol:

Good luck!
ok thanks. i'll try and cap the bulk testofen i have coming before i go ahead with the bulk p-slin.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck! Just make sure that you don't sneeze when pushing the powders around!! :lol: :nutkick:

I capped yohimbine, raspberry ketones, chocamine and tyrosine. Made for a nice li'l diddy. ;)

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
i'm going with the bigger caps because i guess it would make sense to have more space than not enough.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I haven't figured out what I wanna cap yet, but I'm def. going to look into different things and probably get the bigger caps also!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I haven't figured out what I wanna cap yet, but I'm def. going to look into different things and probably get the bigger caps also!
anything that taste like crap!

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
capping kit is here. first on hand is to cap this yellow gold and maybe sell it. then on to the testofen and bulk p-slin

The Tanya

The Tanya

AN Rep
Awards
i've been looking all over and can't find the difference between "0" and "00" sized caps. i'm guessing on is bigger than the other but i have no idea the difference and which ones i need to order
You are correct. Size 0 is smaller than a 00