favorite pre workout food

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
and if possible please specify. usally ive been eating like 2 slices of wheat bread and like a apple i read it somewhere so i wanted to knoaw what do you guys eat besides WAXY MAIZE. im talking food here

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Apple slices with peanut butter or a bowl of cinnamon life cereal if I am at home, something like that. Lately Ive been going to the gym right from work, so its just been ground up oats in an ON protein shake.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
croissant stuffed with: two slices of turkey, yellow mustard, one slice of monterrey jack cheese. microwave for 45 seconds, let stand 1 minute.

that way, you get the carbs, protein, good cholesterol from the cheese. and it tastes straight out of the deli.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
For me...when using NeoVar: Recomped...I love either having a Whey+Egg protein mix with Waxy Maize, or Having a banana along with some Kashi Lean Truly Vanilla Oatmeal. Also, having some barilla plus whole wheat pasta is good stuff too.

Cheers!:cheers:

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Half cup of quinoa

320 calories
58grams of carbs
5.0grams of fat
12 grams of protein! (whole protein)

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
About an hour and 20 minutes before I work out, I eat rice, chicken breast, and a decent size bowl of mixed fruit (grapes, blueberries, strawberries, canalop, and pineapple).

Luckily, I can get all this pre-made for about 7 bucks.

Then I take 3 Powerfull an hour later...

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I eat 20% of my daily carbs(complex) pre workout, can range from oatmeal to brown rice to a sweet potato

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
At the moment i drink 6 whole eggs with 1/2 cup of oats...all mixed with sugerfree redbull...does the trick for me...

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
At the moment i drink 6 whole eggs with 1/2 cup of oats...all mixed with sugerfree redbull...does the trick for me...
yikes thats pretty hardcore

do you guys take all of this within an hour or so

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I take my NO supplement/creatine 1.5 hours prior to working out and than my complex carb meal 30-45 min prior

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
yikes thats pretty hardcore

do you guys take all of this within an hour or so

its not anymore hardcore than drinking a bad tasting preworkout product...i personally drink it 30-45 minutes b4 i go to the gym...Redbull masks the taste of anything...so u cant even taste the eggs (raw eggs dont have much of a tsate anyways besides being a lil salty)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I enjoy cereal. Fast acting carbs, something light so you don't cramp, and protein from the milk.

Maxwell600

Maxwell600

Awards
  • Established
south beach diet pepperoni pizza
carbs 36
protein: 31
good balance imho