Creatine monohydrate

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Is it a must to take this on a empty stomach?... It seems like my belly is never empty.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMO you should take this with food, the sugar in the food works as a transport for the creatine.

pre workout I take creatine with a hi carb meal and post workout I take it with my recovery shake (WMS and whey).

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
IMO you should take this with food, the sugar in the food works as a transport for the creatine.

pre workout I take creatine with a hi carb meal and post workout I take it with my recovery shake (WMS and whey).
So it's ok to put a scoop of this in my whey shake?... My directions say... mix 1 scoop (5g) with juice or water and take on an empty stomach..... If this isn't the case, I'm all for mixing it in my whey or taking it with food.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
especially when taking it post workout, you want it to digest quickly (empty stomach). chances are that you're not going to be eating while working out...mix it with your post workout shake. I use whey, WMS, and creatine mono (I might also rec checking out torrent as a post workout shake).

when I'm taking it pre workout, I usually eat about an hour and a half before working out and I take my creatine then...with real food. I also like taking p-slin before my preworkout meal.

my pre workout routine might not be considered ideal by some of the folks on here though.

I used to make a preworkout shake that was identical to my post workout shake and drink it on an empty stomach a few minutes before training.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
How should you dose creatine mono? whats the best way to take it post and pre workout? (how much how often?)