B-5 Dosing For Acne

pallojaakko

Banned
Awards
What`s the right dose?
Any other natural alternatives for battling acne besides B-5 vitamin?

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I took it for 6 months, dosed it at 10grams a day, and as soon as i quit, the acne came right back ...

So, I started taking clindamycin and it never came back ...

People are going to say use b-5 but i'd search for the study of the guy who started the theory and why he suggested it; it's not just for every case of acne, definitely was not in my case. I can shoot you links if you want them

pallojaakko

Banned
Awards
For me it might be the last resort as i`m VERY prone to acne,even still at the age 38 i`m getting it.
Worst time i had it was late teens early twenty`s, that`s when i used different antibiotics followed by accutane cycles.
Sadly antibiotics lost their affect so their useless for me and accutane,witch was great i`m allergic to it now.
Although it`s in control(well sort of)now,i`m planning a light steroid cycle so it might help me there.
Those links might be helpful for me so shoot me with them,thanks!

fayd

Awards
General dosing schemes suggest a slow taper which turns into a high dose intial phase. Something like:

Day 1-3: 2 grams (1 teaspoon nutra-bulk)
Day 4-7: 5 grams
Week 2-4: 10-20 grams, depending on need

Theoretically, you practice this for around 8-12 weeks and then taper down and you are 'cured' forever. I don't know about that.

What I do know from personal experience (I'm on it now...4 grams a day) is that within a few days my skin became much clearer. I never went past 10 grams/day as I didn't feel it was necessary. Just make sure to spread your doses out, and if you go high, maybe take it 4g/dose as opposed to 2. I've been on it about two months, and while I still have some pimples, it certainly seems to help and can't hurt. If you want any more input, shoot me a PM. Good luck.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
how often do you guys shower?

Whats your diet like?

Do you have access too a steam room/sauna?

Im wary to recomend a remedy for something thats self induced.

pallojaakko

Banned
Awards
how often do you guys shower?

Whats your diet like?

Do you have access too a steam room/sauna?

Im wary to recomend a remedy for something thats self induced.
Shiiiit!??i have to shower too?lol
I go to sauna as often as i can,usually after every work out so that`s about 3-4 times a week.
Might not be that good for a recovery but i love it too much.
As far as excessive showering and sauna helping out with acne..not really..same goes with sun bathing..or cleaning you`re face with a lemon juice or whatever.
The help is for a very limited time if at all,then it just comes back even worse.
I´ve had problems with acne about twenty years so trust me i`ve tried just about all the tricks there are.
Wash my face 2 times a day(off workout days)and eat a low fat diet that works the best for me.
Also occasionally i change my diet a bit to no fat diet followed by high fat diet,then get back to my normal eating,sounds strange but it seems to work for me as far as battling acne..but in the end those are just little tricks that have a small effect on oily skin/small pimples nothing special...
Also brevoxil is a good topical cream i use and the only one that works for me.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I was just trying to throw some suggestions out there. My friends complain about acne, then i tell them they should shower before bed, stop eating fried food, and exercise frequently, and they tell me that has nothing too do with it....but it seems like you've tried most things. If you live by the ocean I've noticed that going for a swim keeps me from having any acne related issues. I think its a combination of the drying action of the salt, and the abrasion of the sand in the water.

matic22

Awards
I personally have had acne issues but one thing that I do that works very well is taking a shower before I go to bed. If I skip a night and take one in the morning....my face will break out like clock work.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eric42952 Anabolics 16
Anabolics 32
SatishOG Cycle Logs 9
cruze1911r1 Anabolics 37
Peptide/Research 1