what is the right supplement for me

jamie6791

Awards
hi everyone i have a big problem. i have been told i need to build up muscle and bulk out. i currently play football or soccer. i have started using the gym alot more, what is the best supplement i can use to do this, and which brand?

jfk

Awards
First, I assume you mean 6'1'' and 170 pounds. Second, supplements (as in expensive, gimmicky sh*t) aren't really the answer. Besides buying some whey, a good multi-vitamin and creatine mono, you really don't need to buy anything special. I really like ON whey, and just about any reputable brand has bulk creatine mono. Focus on lifting really hard about 4 times per week and do big compound movements (squat, deadlift, benchpress, rows, pullups/chinups, military press). If you're new to lifting you can get some great gains out doing whole body workouts, combining many of the above lifts, or do a simple push/pull/legs and core split. Third, diet is really a huge part of it. Once i figured this out I gained 20 pounds in a few months. Eat lot's of protein rich foods, complex carbs and goods fats. So to answer your question, the best supplements would be whey, creatine, good vitamin and good food that's eaten often throughout the day, combined with hard work in the gym.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
hi everyone i have a big problem. i have been told i need to build up muscle and bulk out. i currently play football or soccer. i have started using the gym alot more, what is the best supplement i can use to do this, and which brand?
steak, eggs, oatmeal

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid advice above!! I believe the eating is by far the hardest part of the growth equation

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
my suggestion is quit playing soccer. playing that and football there's no way you're going to be able to eat enough to put on a decent amount of weight. too much cardio.