Joints: anything that REPAIRS joints?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
and not just makes them feel better? My knees are in pretty shitty condition and I'd like to get something that will help them out in the long run and not just make em feel better for a day or two.

thanks

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Orange Triad. It has a good joint complex in effective amounts.

Curcumin.

Fish oil.

Maybe an enzyme formula, like Wobenzyme? I don't know much about it, but it might be worth looking into.

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
and not just makes them feel better? My knees are in pretty shitty condition and I'd like to get something that will help them out in the long run and not just make em feel better for a day or two.

thanks

the only thing that can help repair it is your body itself. glucos and chondroit help with cartillage breakdown. there is good data about glucosamine helping with pain iin arthritic knees; however none have ever shown to actually repair and rebuild joints.

EIC

EIC

Awards
Why has no one mentioned low-dose Cissus? Does that not help repair the connective tissue in joints?

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
MSM is suppose to assist directly with cartilidge repair and re growth. Dymatize also makes a product called joint repair, I used it in the past for a knee injury and it seemed to work well, hard to say though because I was resting it at the same time.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SuperCissusRx my friend.

bb4life

bb4life

Awards
  • Established
i've got a similar problem... tried most things on and off for a long time. really didn't do anything for me. i've been on supercissus for about 3 weeks now and nothing has changed.

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Ive heard of a lot of people taking cissus and it really working good while they were on it, but as soon as they stopped thier joint pain was back immediately

EIC

EIC

Awards
Ive heard of a lot of people taking cissus and it really working good while they were on it, but as soon as they stopped thier joint pain was back immediately
This suggests that it merely blocks pain rather than promoting healing. Hmm. Any links to threads?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
same with msm and glucosimine(sp?).......it works, but once your off the pain is back....

I use fish oils and vit c, lots of h20

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
Dude just buy some 50% cissus caps at NP and take 4-5 a day not only will your joints recover but ull lose some fat and build some muscle

there are many studies that show cissus to actully help build cartilage and legiments and tendons

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do some research on Bromelain and serrapeptase.

Bromelain is considered a miracle supp for bodybuilding by many top level guys.

Serrapeptase is proven to have anti-inflamatory effects.

Both aren't directly effective or cartilige by honestly without a diagnosis I would rather treat inflamation. The body will not heal properly with inflamation in the joint. Serrapeptase is also know for thinning and clearing the fluid that causes inflamation and pain. Both are pretty cheap together.

Another tip I have yet to try is some kind of mineral ice (bio freeze i beleieve is what all chiroractors use) to increase blood flow to the area. Again not to dull the pain but with more normal use like before bed ect to make sure the joint is getting a supply of the supps you are taking vie blood flow.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Dude just buy some 50% cissus caps at NP and take 4-5 a day not only will your joints recover but ull lose some fat and build some muscle

there are many studies that show cissus to actully help build cartilage and legiments and tendons
The 50% is used for anabolic purposes and is not as good as the 5% for joints IMO.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The 50% is used for anabolic purposes and is not as good as the 5% for joints IMO.
Oh please don't let another thread turn into this debate!

Ha! I have read this debate so much that I want to puke.

EIC

EIC

Awards

Agree. I think the real debate is whether Cissus repairs connective tissue or merely acts as a pain reliever.

ekdevil

Awards
^correct.bold also is great for injuries.

because it seems like the otc supps are not helping original poster's joints.

bloodline26

bloodline26

Awards
Sounds wierd,

but shark cartilege works wonders. It's gross, and is sold in like a jerky/dried out form of chewy preserved salted flesh, but it is supposed to be the best for joints.

Give it a shot

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
You should highly consider Animal Flex. It's formula is fantastic and is designed for bodybuilders/athletes.

What makes Animal Flex different from other joint supplements:

Most joint supplements have the regular glucosamine/chondroitin/msm. These are effective joint supporting nutrients. Animal Flex contains these nutrients in adequate doses however it does not stop there and here is where the differences are:

Animal Flex, like other Animal supplements, is complete and comprehensive. Each pack of Animal Flex consists of several key protective complexes: (1) a potent joint construction complex to help repair connective tissue; (2) a lubrication compound to help cushion the joints from lifting; (3) a support complex to help promote rehabilitation and reduce soreness; and (4) an essential vitamin/mineral blend to underscore optimal joint health.

Animal Flex has some patented ingredients that you won’t find in other joint supplements such as CMO:

WHAT IS CETYLMYRISTOLEATE ?
Cetyl Myristoleate is an all-natural medium chain fatty acid found in only a small number of very select species of animals. Clinical experience suggests that Cetyl Myristoleate acts as an anti-inflammatory, as well as a surfactant and lubricant for damaged joints. Basically, it makes them more "slippery." This substance holds the promise of being the most effective solution to joint problems of any product ever introduced into the market. It is not habit-forming and contains no harsh chemicals or drugs that can cause side effects. It works in a natural manner by acting at the site of inflammation, is highly resistant to oxidation, it has a relatively long life in the body.

Bromelain is another ingredient that you don’t find in other joint supplements. Bromelain is useful in the treatment of a wide range of conditions, but it is particularly effective in relieving inflammation associated with infection and physical injuries.
These are just a couple of ingredients that make Animal Flex stand out.
The full write up:
http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?id=60

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Animal Flex has been a great product for me lately. I gave it a shot when I picked up on my training a few weeks ago, and I've been feeling great thus far. The formula is incredibly comprehensive, and comes at a great price (~$25 for 45 days worth I believe). I feel like such a junkie when I pull out this packet of pills though - almost hide it when I pull it out. Looks so druggish! haha

With that said, I still stack it with Cissus. I have some Osteobolin-C left over which has also been paramount in keeping me feeling great. USPLabs SuperCissus gets phenominal reviews, cannot go wrong there. For the win, I'd say go with Animal Flex along with either SuperCissus or AN's new Osteobolin-Sport (biggest turnoff with AN is the price).

Both Animal Flex and Osteo-Sport contain Hyaluronic Acid, which has my attention as of late. I have yet to really look into the mechanics of how effective it truely is on joint care, but it has been used frequently in practice to treat osteoathritis in the knee... it was injected into the site however, so oral bioavailability is a bit unclear for me at the moment. Regardless, I've had success with supplementing with the two and I'm very impressed so far.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Super Cissus Rx works for me and my 40yr old knees.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established

Have you used both to compare? I didn't even know there was a debate about this.

mattakaspeedy

Awards
How about something that has been mediaclly approved like deca. I had lower back pain for years and a elbow that always clicked. After running 1 cycle of deca it all went away :)

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Have you used both to compare? I didn't even know there was a debate about this.
One opinion is that the lower extraction theory is just USP propoganda because bottom line is there is NO scientific proof on either side that cissus of any extraction does anything for injuries, anyone that says otherwise is stretching the truth and even Mullet admits that.

I personally see NO difference and many other people don't either. USP is great stuff but it annoys me that their opinion is given out by people as if it's fact when really it is just one companies findings (even if its a reputable one.)

Make sense?

djl

Awards
  • Established
How about something that has been mediaclly approved like deca. I had lower back pain for years and a elbow that always clicked. After running 1 cycle of deca it all went away :)
Where'd you find a doctor to prescribe deca for joints...?

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
One opinion is that the lower extraction theory is just USP propoganda because bottom line is there is NO scientific proof on either side that cissus of any extraction does anything for injuries, anyone that says otherwise is stretching the truth and even Mullet admits that.

I personally see NO difference and many other people don't either. USP is great stuff but it annoys me that their opinion is given out by people as if it's fact when really it is just one companies findings (even if its a reputable one.)

Make sense?
With higher extracts, you don't get as full a spectrum of actives. Nobody knows for sure what the active is that causes joint relief in Cissus. Some think it is the anti-cortisol properties, but that, in reality should make joint pain worse. I have tried the plain plant material,the 5%, and the 50%. I got the best joint relief from the plain plant material. On the 50%, I felt like I was on cycle.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Then you would have to make a choice between joint relief and limp noodle :toofunny:

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
With higher extracts, you don't get as full a spectrum of actives. Nobody knows for sure what the active is that causes joint relief in Cissus. Some think it is the anti-cortisol properties, but that, in reality should make joint pain worse. I have tried the plain plant material,the 5%, and the 50%. I got the best joint relief from the plain plant material. On the 50%, I felt like I was on cycle.
So the 5% is like straight bulk cissus from nutraplanet? I've never done a cycle. It made you feel how?

mattakaspeedy

Awards
Lol i didnt get my deca from a docter and have now finsihed my deca cycle with no joint pain at all and my d*ck wors perfectly well thankyou :)

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
SuperCissusRx my friend.
CAN ANYONE tell me where this link between cissus and repair of muscular/joint/ connective tissue came from?I ve googled this but havent seen any info independent of bodybuilding web sites that say its good for this.

I have noted its good for haemorroids but not sure if you are meant to swallow it or dab it on.

If we ve all been taken for a ride - bit of a bum deal i call it

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
High extracts make my joints sore or tight, supporting the anti-cort theory of action. Low dose/low extracts don't.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol i didnt get my deca from a docter and have now finsihed my deca cycle with no joint pain at all and my d*ck wors perfectly well thankyou :)
I'd LOVE to do a cycle. I had cash in hand about 15 years ago, but chickened out. I have low back pain now from a herniated disc, I'd love to give it a shot. Extra muscle would be nice, too. :D

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
Just read Rolandajoint's Osteo-Sport log, and I'm almost sold. I'll give 'er a shot. The price seemed kinda high at first, til I saw the price of most MSM/Glucosamine/Chondroitin mixes, and they aren't even half as inclusive as this. Really lookin forward to not hurting lol.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Do your joints feel worse when the seasons change? My knees have been bothering me for a few weeks, but since it got colder over the last week, the pain is excrutiating.

I ordered some Supercissus Rx and bought some Primaforce Cissus 40% at the store a couple days ago. My joints feel worse on the Primaforce Cissus so far. :(

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
try wobezyme and vitamin c
Out of all the recommendations in this thread, this is the only one that has been of benifit to me (along with justreading's rec. of enzymes). Not to say others don't work, just sharing MY experience.
Also, I know this isn't the advice you're looking for, but the shoes you wear have a tremendous affect on knees, hips, ect. Getting the right shoe isn't an instant fix, either, but it can help a lot in the long run.

200mph

Awards
What was your dosage for this cycle? Were you specifically rehabbing your elbow/back or were you going after gains and the elbow/back stuff just a side effect?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Hey rugger, why the knees so bad?

Come up with a supplement plan of attack yet?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have heard the same thing from quite a few people about the 50%- what was the per day dosage you were using? I have plenty of effective mg/kg dosage data for using cissus for managing joint and tendon issues, but I am trying to compile some for the anabolic dosage- seems to be all over the place so far......

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anti-inflammatory oils may help -omega 3
agreed- been using Marine Lipids and Osteo-Sport= no pain, even though I beat the **** out of myself on a daily basis